home about me our home

Thursday, May 29, 2014

CHANGE IS GOOD!!

   


When we live in a home for a very long time it is hard to imagine it looking differently. 

The same thing goes for the accessories and furniture in our homes.

But, when we do change things out, it can actually give an old piece new life.

I change some of my accessories out for the change of the seasons. I have a winter/fall, spring, and summer look.

Since it is summer I brought out one of the paintings I change out….

Sailboat print 002 (800x671)
I add more blue and white to keep the room cooler looking for the hot summer months. This blue print does the trick.

What use to be here was this painting……

Family Room Picture 015 (800x600)ribbit
When my hubby took this painting down he leaned it on the console at the back of the family room, and we both knew it had to be hung there. 

Otherwise it would be hung in his den until winter.

P1130944 (800x588)

I love walking into the kitchen from the family room and seeing this painting, it is a favorite of mine.


P1130945 (800x580)
An unexpected plan, 
but a good one!!

It just reminded me to try elements in different places in my home. I did this for my clients all the time, but I don’t do it for myself very often.

Do you give pieces new life in other rooms?
 
Try it you just might be surprised at how much you love it somewhere else. I sure was!!!

 
 

6 comments:

Merlin said...

Yup, do the very same thing! Had to chuckle...I "change out" for the seasons, too..birds of a feather...feathering that nest!! franki

designchic said...

I need to do that more, Kathysue. Just love the paintings and I love seeing another peek of your GORGEOUS kitchen!!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Never stop! I am always trying something in a new place with a different function.....everyday!! It's fun and amazing!

Thehouseofhampton said...

Do I try it? I'm in constant rotation with my accessories. The hazard of living in a small dwelling. It makes me feel like I've moved and redecorated. I just use the same things in a different way.
Have a great weekend!
Sharon

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I need to move some things around.
I just love your home, Kathysue. You have done a wonderful job.
Teresa
xoxo

Victoria said...

Change IS good, Kathysue. I am always moving things around in my home. I don't necessarily change for the seasons (except Christmas), but I often decide I want to change the decor in one area and that leads to the domino effect. The displaced piece is moved somewhere else, and that displaces something else, and so on, and so on.

I love all my things, so I don't store anything -- except decorative pillows -- I just give it a new home.
The changes give me a new appreciation for my surroundings. I guess, like you, I am an inveterate nester.
XO, Victoria