home about me our home

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pinterest, Husbands and Romance

 

276760339570276930_apdPCPlm_b
I have always been a collector of ideas, and beautiful images.

It was one of  the ways I gathered information for my business as a design consultant.

I could never seem to get my fill of images of beautiful rooms. 

Pinterest is fulfilling my need to collect images of not only beautiful décor, but also others aspects of interest in my life. I now have a place to put this collection in an organized manner.

We all have to face the fact that pinning is here to stay, and has probably become a bigger part of our life than we would have ever imagined, or ever wanted it to be.

With anything that takes time away from, family, husbands, and homes there can be pitfalls.

They even have some funny little sayings about the subject of the amount of time spent on Pinterest.
One of my favorites is this one…….




Then there is this one……….



If only in our dreams, right?

I have my own personal story about my husband and pinterest that I would like to share with you all………

Once in awhile he will send me an email from work.

Here is the email I got from him the other morning about Pinterest……….

.........Spent some time on your
 Pinterest boards tonight and really
enjoyed it! I especially enjoyed
reading the pins on your “Sayings”
board. What you pinned really shows
what a wonderful, fun, happy, loving
and devoted person you are!!


I love you very much and also wanted
you to know that “You Are My Happy”
too!!





Can you believe how sweet this is? I love that he took the time to see, “ME!” in the things I pinned.

Men need to realize that it is not always the overtly romantic gestures that we find romantic, but it is the small heartfelt things they say, or do that will melt our hearts.



This is the wonderful man that I am blessed to be married too.

I just had to share this with my fellow bloggers and Pinners!!

Just Click HERE to go to my sayings board.

“ I will continue to Enjoy the Process of:
“Pinning!”

 

28 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

great post, Kathysue. Love those Ryan Gosling posters. I always have to show my husband when I find a new one! xo

Sara Cate said...

Ok, that is the sweetest! How special that he recognized Pinning was something you enjoyed and took part in it. Love it!

laxsupermom said...

What a sweet post! Your husband sounds like a real prince! Thanks for sharing.

chisenfam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee said...

Pinterest has been a way to 'interest' my husband in making decisions about our home together. He can easily go to one of my categories and see what the choices are. Then, we often use those images as a springboard and -- I shouldn't be surprised about this but I am ;-) -- he comes up with his own take and we go from there!

debra @ 5th and state said...

AMAZING!
a true love story indeed!

my husband would never attempt to go to my boards, let alone read and comment on them. wow, mr good life is a gem.......as are you
xo
debra

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Your sweet hubby is indeed a keeper, Kathysue! But he has a wonderful wife, too! :-)...hugs...Debbie

Toy Carli said...

Very sweet, Kathy and Doug. You both need to open a consultant group teaching young people how to continue the respect, love, and friendship that goes along with a long married life together. It's a hungry market; and, Kathy, you can decorate their homes! :0) Your continued love is encouraging.

Tammy@InStitches said...

WOW, you have an amazing collection. I can't believe that I wasn't following you already !

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Don't you love when your husband is your biggest fan! What a sweet story.

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Just love our Dougie. :) But you know what, YOU make loving YOU very easy. xxoo

Chic Coles said...

This is so sweet and funny. Sounds like a keeper. Thanks for sharing.

Marianne said...

Yep, I am a Pinterest junkie, too. How sweet is your husband!!! He sounds fabulous!

vignette design said...

Ah, that is so sweet! You are a lucky gal!

Jessie said...

Your husband is so sweet, Kathysue. You are such a lucky lady. Adore the two images you shared! The first one is so ironic and the second one is too funny!

Have a wonderful day!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Really?! That is the nicest, sweetest thing! Janell

Natasha in Oz said...

What a sweet husband you have! That really is such a lovely thing to think and say.

Happy pinning!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

pam {simple details} said...

I don't think he could be any sweeter! Sounds like you're both lucky to have each other!

The Buzz Blog said...

Oh my goodness, Kathysue, he's a keeper! i get the same rush when my husband texts me a thumbs up for a blog post... I'm definitely pinning that last saying!
xxoo

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

That was a fabulous love note from your hubby! He is a thoughtful man. Pin on!

michele said...

a man who will comment on your pins? that is a keeper, dude.

loving the humor here today!

smiles.

michele

Stacy CUrran said...

I love this post KS. I liked the firs tone because it reminds me that if I had thought of Pinterest I'd be a zillionaire by now!!!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

OK..."Husband of the Year Award" Time!!!!

Victoria said...

How sweet he is. I often told my husband, contrary to popular belief, men are much more romantic than women.
XO Victoria

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is a keeper!!! Seriously, the guy is an angel. LOVE that he took the time to truly "see" you and he obviously loves what he sees. xo

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Your husband is a complete jewel. I would love to meet you both. XO, Mona

for the love of a house said...

What a sweet, sweet husband!! I love husbands who are interested in our lives. You are blessed indeed!
xojoan

SHERRY HART said...

Boy are you blessed to have found a man that is so special:)