home about me our home

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Using The "REAL DEAL" For Easter




Easter and Springtime are favorite times of the year for me. I think it is the feeling of rebirth, and all the possibilities that are ahead.


We look to make changes in our homes and in our yards, lots of comings and goings are happening during this time of year. I just love it all.

With Easter literally just around the corner (18 days and counting!) I thought I would give you some inspiration for your visual pleasure.

If you have read my blog for any length of time you know I am not a fan of faux flowers. When possible I prefer the real thing so today I thought I would show you some inspiration using the real deal!!

Nature Inspired









This is so simple, yet it feels festive, and elegant at the same time.














Source: bhg.com via Kathy Sue on Pinterest


A nest of flowers for some pretty yellow eggs. You could use any group of flowers that clustered well and your choice of color for the eggs.

Sometimes simple blossoms in simple jars is all you will need to have a pretty table……




For a more contemporary look and something a little different how about using some……….







 Hens and chicks!

I love the colors in these succulents and the sweet little clay pots. I would probably eliminate the little bow, but I can see a whole table done with this as the inspiration.




A long wooden box full of vegetables, this reminds me of  Mr. McGregor’s garden, I am sure Peter Rabbit would love this table.


The possibilities are endless. I love to do Easter tables so my spins this time of year.



“Enjoy the Process!” Of:

Using natural elements for your Easter table!



To see more of what inspires me go HERE to my Easter board on Pinterest!

11 comments:

The enchanted home said...

So many increidble ideas....love the veges in the crate as a centerpiece, unexpected and different. Who needs to buy a magazine for Easter inspiration when they can come to your blog!

NanaDiana said...

Lovely-as always- Just popping in- I am away this week due to the death of our friend but wanted to pop in and say Hello. My BLOVE winner is announced today-you might get a kick out of it.

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

So pretty, Kathysue! I love the tulips...they're my favorite spring flower.
Have a happy day!
~ Wendi ~

debra @ 5th and state said...

it is indeed a clean slate isn't it kathysue!

gorgeous images, particularly love the image of hens & chicks on a tray, that would be a lovely take away for guests leaving a party
xo
debra

michele said...

the mr. mcgregor's vege idea is so precious!

michele

laxsupermom said...

Such pretty inspiration pics! I like real so much better, too. And with succulents like Hens & Chicks, even the brownest of thumbs(ahem, me) can keep them alive. Thanks for sharing.

Ivy Lane said...

LOVE the hens and chicks! What a great "favor" for guests to take home! Great post!!!

Happy Thursday!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

So many great ideas.I cant believe Easter is almost here!

Melinda said...

These are all delightful and inspiring images. I am motivated to do something pretty for Easter seeing these. I only wish we could get our hands on those beautiful pastel eggs here in Oz, but it's hard enough to find a white egg for Easter as they are almost always brown here.

Acquired Objects said...

OK why has it taken me so long to geet over here to your blog?? I'm with you Kathysue I don't like fake and you've shown some wonderful ideas for natural.

Enjoy your Friday!
XX
Debra~

for the love of a house said...

love all these photos Kathysue! Something about the light colored eggs that makes me SO happy! it's the little things, yes?!!
happy weekend!
joan