home about me our home

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My All WHITE 2011 Christmas Dining Room





The dining room in my home is one area that I love to change up each year. It is so easy to do so, since I have a pretty neutral color base. Green, white with touches of black. This years table is a first for me. I did an all white color scheme.

Since I decided to do an angel wings theme I wanted it to feel soft, and ethereal. I know for myself when I enter this room I kind of feel like whispering and walking by very slowly.


Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 030 (800x600)



I started with my chandelier by attaching mercury glass ornaments with fishing line so they would look as if they were floating.





Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 028 (800x600)


I was really excited to see that it glowed and sparkled just like I wanted it too.  I used clear crystal and some mercury glass pinecone. If you look closely you will see some snowballs with a touch of white feathers on them.

The next picture is in the day time without candlelight. I think you can see that I sprinkled snow with a bit of sparkle in a starburst shape better in daylight in the pictures….


Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 021 (800x600)



Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 026 (800x600)






Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 003 (800x600)
I did something really fun to add a little extra glow! I just took white lights and placed them on the floor under the table cloth, at night it really glows!!!


Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 026 (800x600)





Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 027 (800x600)


I love the way the crystal votive holders make a starburst pattern just like the snow on the table.



Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 038 (800x600)


My attempt to be artsy! Looking down onto the table!!


Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 043 (600x800)

I brought my two vintage milk glass lamps into the dining room too stay in keeping with the all white color scheme!


Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 045 (600x800)

Reflection of the table in my pantry doors. I always love this shot!

Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 050 (600x800)
Another mirror shot!

Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 032 (800x600)

The dining room will look complete  when my loved ones are here!!

I hope during the Holiday season you will feel the presence of angels walking beside you…….
Merry Christmas
Kathysue


My Dining Room From Christmas Past........

2010  black and white

2009 nature inspired


2008 In the Pink!
(just click on any of the above to go and see)

I am linking to the Christmas House Tour over at Melissa's blog
The Inspired Room


also at:

Just click HERE to visit

42 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Kathysue, absolutley gorgeous! Your vision has been realized to perfection..its so dreamy and cloudlike, and peaceful and magical feeling. What a wonderful dining room to spend the holidays in! Great job.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

It is beautiful, Kathysue! Ethereal is the perfect word for it! I love the angel wings...so pretty...and the mercury glass ornaments! You have outdone yourself, my friend...indeed another Kathysue masterpiece! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

michele said...

so feminine and chic, kathysue. it instantly calms the nerves!

michele

Dream House Trish said...

Awww!!! So beautiful Kathysue, I love it...I have feather boas on my tree so your dining room would be a perfect match to my tree!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathysue,
I just love your etheral and sparkling dining room decor. Everything looks so soft and romantic and angelic.

hugs
Sissie

Jessie said...

Love your dining room decor especially the angel wings on the chandelier. They were unexpected and so whimsical.

Great theme! You did a wonderful job, Kathysue.

Wishing you and your family a warm and joyous Christmas season.

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

The Buzz Blog said...

So pretty and angelic... you really have that special touch when it comes to holiday decorating! There's no way I'm sharing this post with my family as they would think anything I do is less than imaginative. May have to steal the lights under the table idea, though!
xxoo

Stacy CUrran said...

Lovely! And I can't believe you have a black chandelier in there that I never noticed before. I just did a post on them today :)
Xo Stacy

designchic said...

So pretty...love the all white - so elegant, and the mercury glass hanging from the chandelier adds the perfect sparkle and glamour to your beautiful room!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Kathysue. I love each and every element.

You won't believe this but I have an all white, with a tinge of silver, dining room table post ready to go later today or early in the morning. I worked on it over the weekend, after finding the idea in another one of my dreams.:-) That is it for the dining room, this Christmas season.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

This is so unusual with all the white, like a winter wonderland. Now all you need is a RARE snowfall to complete the picture outside the dining room window!

Happiest of Holidays Kathysue! Janell

Patti said...

Just beautiful! My favorite shots are with all the candles glowing. Do you have white dishes for a romantic meal?

Beach House Living said...

It is lovely!
I like the mirror reflection too.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

This is beautiful Kathy Sue, calm, serene, magical and rich looking, I would say you have the presence of Angels around you... hugs ~lynne~

vignette design said...

How lovely Kathysue! I love the angel's wings on the chair. Everything looks so ethereal!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Kathysue, this is stunning. Looks like a wonderland!
Teresa
xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dining room! Great job! I love how soft and magical it looks!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

This is so pretty, Kathysue. Love the patterns the votives make.

Tricia said...

Your dining room is fabulously chic for the holidays~ love it all!
xo~
T

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Absolutely delightful and magical, Kathysue! Gorgeous. I am also impressed with your photos because white is difficult to photograph. Oh my goodness, your dining room is beautiful. I've scrolled back to look at it several times. Absolutely magical! XO

Victoria said...

Your dining room looks dreamy, Kathysue. Your wish that we feel the presence of angels is just lovely. Thank you and I wish the same to you.
Best...Victoria

Angela said...

Well there's hardly an adjective left that hasn't already been used- - magical, dreamy, tasteful, clever, stunning. And, your photography skills are superb. Merry Christmas.

Cindy said...

Wow! It looks so beautiful! I love all the white! So elegant!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Kathysue, It looks beautiful all in white. I love the wings on the chandelier. You are so creative.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a winter wonderland... so pretty!!! Love the mercury glass and the mirror shots! I need to get MY dining room in shape-- thanks for the inspiration!

pam {simple details} said...

Magical, Kathysue! Your attention to detail is amazing, it's beautiful and I love the photo in your pantry doors, too!

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Your DINING ROOM is "ETHEREAL PERFECTION", dear Kathysue!!! Did you actually MAKE those "wings"??? They're soooo delightful, & because of all the white in the room, and with THEM of course being white, it truly is spellbinding!!!

I've been simplifying too, to less colorful accents & much more whites, w/ touches of silvers & golds, and I adore the clean, pristine and magnificently winter touch it all brings to one's home...

Annnnd, your MIRROR SHOTS are SOOOO CREATIVE n' PRETTY!!!

THANK YOU!!! I got some great ideas!!!

More holiday hugs,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Judy Biggerstaff said...

So beautiful and elegant, love all the white and the silver tree in the middle of the table.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Very elegant. You look ready for a holiday party!!!

Anonymous said...

You did such a beautiful job... it's so dream-like and a white winter wonderland. I'm hoping on a plane I'll be right over! xo

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Really pretty Kathysue. I love the mirrors with the white lamps. I never would have thought of the lights under the table! I see at the top of your blog there is 11 more days. I hope I get everything finished!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Lovely and sparkling! How clever to put lights under the table, too.

Ivy Lane said...

Absolutely stunning!

I love your vintage milk glass lamps!

Merry Christmas!

Completely Coastal said...

The ornaments hanging from the chandelier are so pretty!!! My chandi is all naked...

Amanda said...

it all looks so very lovely KathySue and love the light under the table! so fun!

Annemarie said...

This is stunning, Kathysue! Just gorgeous! Enjoy the holidays in your beautiful home xoxo

Unknown said...

Very pretty. Love the white and the shot looking down at the table from above. Looks like you're ready for Christmas!

Jemsmom said...

Oh Kathysue! That is absolutely stunning. I love the softness of it all. My favorite part is the beautiful pattern from the votives. I also think the lights under the table are brilliant!!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Sooooo pretty. The idea of the lights under the table is so clever and I love the shot reflected in the mirror. I'm sure you either have had or will have some amazing dinner parties in this space. Xo, Mona

Acanthus and Acorn said...

I love all the silver...especially the pinecones and trees! I have seen the feathered wings and wanted to buy some, but wasn't sure if I could secure them to the backs of my chairs...this idea is such lovely inspiration!

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com said...

I love the lights under the tablecloth idea! This is such a beautiful, magical room! Very calm and soothing.

Resham said...

lovely n wonderful!!!

I could only dream of! I have one table in the whole house and my kid eats morning, noon n night...Winter break in schools.....lol!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!