home about me our home

Friday, December 10, 2010

My Nature Inspired Christmas Dining Room


In 2009 I did a little different twist for my Christmas dining room.

In previous years I chose to use bright Christmas colors. 

Christmas kitchen 2008 034
   
2008 Christmas dining room!
Christmas kitchen 2008 038

Now back to my nature inspired dining room from 2009…………..

…………I got my inspiration when I attended an on-line shopping event featuring my guy, Eddie Ross over at Etsy.

It was so fun!! Eddie had an entire selection of his favorite Esty items for Christmas. I purchased the natural birch covered cylinders that Eddie suggested.

I used the birch covered glass candle holders, pine cones, branches and greenery to make my arrangement.

The arrangement sits on top of two linen runners purchased at Target on clearance. I had them monogrammed with a cream colored “P” to step it up a notch.
P1030400 (800x600)

 P1030398 (800x600)

I chose to hang lanterns instead of wreaths in the window.
I used a double faced white satin ribbon to make a nice loose bow.

P1030401 (800x600)

christmas dining 2009 002 (800x600)

This was my attempt in 2009 for a more natural look for my dining room!!

I know this look was made popular by Pottery Barn a few years ago. I think  it is still a favorite look of many in blog land. I love the way so many are showing it mixed with a lot of white this year!! A winter woodland look.

How about you all, are you doing any decorating with nature inspired decorations this year?

For 2010 I have done something a little different. I promise I will have pictures of this years look soon!!! Think SPARKLE!!!!

“Enjoy the Process” Of:

Using natural elements in your Christmas decor!

Kathysue

Holiday Hints

Whenever possible try mixing real and faux elements to get a more nature inspired look.

Go out into your neighborhood and find greenery, twigs, pinecones etc. to use in your arrangements. This little adventure makes for a fun family day!!

20 comments:

Jules said...

Kathysue,, that is such a warm and welcoming look particularly for a cold weather Christmas. xx

Anna White said...

A beautiful arrangement Kathy Sue..well done ..it looks so warm and welcoming :) x

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love the look very much. And the lanterns in the window looks so soft and warm. Your dining room is so lovely.

hugs
Sissie

Party Resources said...

I love it! So festive.

La Dolfina said...

Everything you do is gorgeous!!
I love your monogrammed runners and chair covers!
I can't wait to see your 2010 scheme.
I love how you always think everything through, down to the tiniest detail :)
xx

Karen said...

I love both the looks but the first one would be perfect for a New Year's Eve party too!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Kathysue,

Love the more natural look as it is also peaceful to the eye. We need to settle in towards the end of our hectic lives...

Enjoy your weekend!

Mariette's Back to Basics

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Kathysue it's beautiful! I love the centerpiece. Great job!

vignette design said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love how you hung the lanterns in the window! And I noticed you had lamps on the pedestals. I like how you monogrammed the runners and the centerpiece is fantastic. You know how I love the natural woodland look. Those birch candle holders are great. I'm digging mine out today. I have some birch sleeves from PB and birch candles too. You reminded me how much I love them! Can't wait to see your sparkle table for 2010!

Beach House Living said...

Your table is truly welcoming. We mainly use shells and last year incorporated some birch and tons and tons of white flowers.

lvroftiques said...

Hi Kathysue!! Long time no chat! I really love everything that you do. You have the eye of an artist. I'm really inspired by everything! That red color scheme against the green striped walls was so fab! And I never woulda thunk in a million years to monogram some sale linens...but why the heck not?! I want to run out and get everything I have monogrammed!! It's such an elegant touch. I can't wait to see your 2010 sparkle room! Vanna

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I love all the natural looking forward to seeing your bling. hugs ~lynne~

Marcus Design said...

Oooh! I can't wait to see this fabulous sparkle for this year Kathysue! I will stay tuned :)
Nancy xo

Hamptontoes said...

Love how you customized your table runners! You think the way I do. Have a lovely weekend.

K&B by the Sea said...

I'm switching up some of my decorating this year, although I'm still using the decorations I've had for years (with a few new pieces mixed in). I don't really have a particular look or theme - I just scatter different decorations around the house. I'm working on a sparkly wreath for the front door in not-to-traditional colours :-)

Looking forward to seeing how you've decorated for 2010 :-)

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I actuallu like both of them! I love the RED but then I also like the natural look too! I can't wait to see your SPARKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XO, Pinky

Kelly said...

Oh I just love your 2009 table although the red is beautiful as well! Can't wait to see what you have in store for this year!

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Absolutely beautiful. Your centerpiece is gorgeous. I love the greens and the birch candle holders and the pinecones. Very wonderful idea about finding a runner and having it monogrammed...more of your wonderful inspiration.
I really like this look. I find it so peaceful.
You really are an artist!
Now I am really looking forward to seeing your sparkle 2010 theme! You always have something fabulous up your sleeve!!!
Love your music!

debra @ 5th and state said...

the lanterns in the window is so over the top. i will borrow this idea for next year!

note; above i am talking about borrowing.........but i think you are "stealing" kathy sue.........thought he was MY guy! ;-)

designchic said...

Love the "woodsy" look of the natural decorations!! Can't wait to see this year...