home about me our home

Saturday, December 11, 2010

I’ll Have A Blue Christmas With YOU!!

I promise I will not be singing the Elvis rendition of Blue Christmas. I am afraid I would lose all of my readers! I will, however show you some great ideas for using blue in your Christmas decor.

1 (500x500)

I love this idea. I think when you do things in mass they are always more effective. I love the wreath on the door full of fresh roses.

I am not sure I would personally do a bow quite that large or color. I like the idea of a large double face satin in white in a simple loop bow.  What do you all think?


2 (360x450)
You can’t get much more simple than this. Curled paper with a name on it and a sprig of holly. It might be simple, but I think it is so festive.



5 (360x460)

7 (360x450)

6 (360x460)
Simple felt cut-out of snow flakes and you can make your bed look all dressed for Christmas.


3 (340x419)
Blue and silver remind me of the snow. It looks so frosty.
2 (250x375)
4 (334x366)
1 (300x250)
3 (400x400)
5 (300x400) (300x400)
3 (450x649)
6 (800x532)
8 (450x380) 


9 (450x600)
Any guest would love to be in this room on Christmas eve.
Below you will see how I added just a touch of blue in my guest room. Keep in mind the walls are a French vanilla with all white moldings. The ceiling is the softest blue, very much like the ornament that is hanging on the picture below.

Christmas Tree 2008 094
Christmas Tree 2008 097 
Christmas Tree 2008 093 (800x600)
To soften the window that has now window treatment I used a white feather boa and feather wreath held by a translucent ribbon. I loved the ethereal quality it gave the room.
I hope you have enjoyed this little touch of a Blue Christmas!
Aren’t you glad I did not sing?

“Enjoy the Process” Of:

Using blue to make a frosty,snowy Christmas statement!

Kathysue


Holiday Hint:

Vary the textures of your Christmas ornaments to add interest on your tree.

Don't be afraid to use inexpensive glittery ornaments to add sparkle. I always hold them up to the light and then I can see how much they really sparkle before purchasing.

18 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Kathysue,

Well, I'm not for the blue, that is a very sterile and cold look... The green and the red bring warmth to the home and to the heart!

Lots of love,

Mariette's Back to Basics

Unknown said...

OMG, Kathysue, FREAKY! Check out my post today! Cue Twilight Zone music now! Yours is a million times better though! XX!

Anonymous said...

Did you see my blue dining room tree from a couple of years ago, in my tree retrospective? I actually love that tree, but didn't put it together this year.

Great inspiration Kathysue.

Hamptontoes said...

Kathysue,
Absolutely loving this post...wow! I'm not sure which image I love the best, perhaps all of them! So inspiration.

abby @ a delightful design said...

Don't you just love blue/turquoise?! I looks fabulous with everything. Next year I'm all about feathers! Thanks for the inspiration!!
abby

Party Resources said...

I love the mantle with the blue ornaments. Such a modern twist on a traditional look. Merry weekend!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Beautiful, somehow I always think of blue as a January color...but the way the color has been used here is quite lovely. I particulary like the dove and the one ornament on the picture frame.(-:.

La Dolfina said...

Oh Kathysue your decorations are my fave's. So soft, subtle and elegant. I thought they were professional at first. I had to scroll back to see they were of your home!!!!
Merry weekend!!!
Love,
Terri

Beach House Living said...

I'll take it all! It's all perfect.

Kathysue said...

Mariette, I love to think of it as frosty,snowy and peaceful!!

EDYTA & CO. INTERIOR DESIGN said...

Kathysue, Thank you for a lovely comment. Blue is such a wonderful calming color what better time to use it than during the holidays. It makes me think of ice, snow and blue skies. Have a wonderful holidays and a great weekend!!

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Well, first of all, I would have loved you singing Blue Christmas!!! I love this post because it's an entirely different way of thinking about Christmas decor. And I agree, it gives that feeling of being frosty and snowy. The wreath with the roses is breathtaking! I kind of like the big over-the-top bow on it...maybe that's because I always seem to go with simple. My favorite is your own guest room which is so very lovely. Beautiful.
Have a wonderful weekend.

K&B by the Sea said...

I love blue for Christmas :-) I mix it with silver & purple, and this year I've added some bright green :-) Love the felt snowflake cushions and the gifts wrapped in beautiful silver & blue paper.

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

I looooooove it all!! Every single image you found is utterly delightful!

quintessence said...

I love the idea of a blue Christmas - in fact last Wednesday I featured a blue holiday cocktail! Love all the shots, especially the Carolyne Roehm ones! have a great weekend!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

I love blue and silver together for Christmas, so pretty!
I e-mailed you and realized it didn't go through...I can't imagine one day all my boys out of the house, I would cry everytime I pulled out their handmade ornaments too!
Have a wonderful weekend friend!
XO
Kristin

SHERRY HART said...

Blue is my color....love those images.

Low Tide High Style said...

Wonderful inspiration photos! I love the touches of blue, and your guest room is beautiful...I love the boa and feather wreath!

Kat :)