home about me our home

Saturday, July 9, 2011

LIP COLOR!!

My last post showed how I organized all my lipsticks and lip glosses. I had several emails asking which lip colors were my favorites. I was even asked to do a post on my favorites, so that is what I am doing today.

First, let me say I know all colors will look different on everyone. I have golden undertones in my skin. My hair is light brown with gold highlights and I have green eyes with lots of gold in them. My lips actually have a bit of blue undertone to them. I usually look for lip color with a pink/ brown undertone since I prefer a natural look. I will use different colors on an occasion when what I am wearing calls for a brighter or darker color. I am giving you this information in hopes it will make your own evaluation of lip color a bit easier.

My Go-To lipstick is very neutral on me. I would describe it as a browned base pink. This is the lipstick that I keep in the make-up bag I carry in my purse at all times.
Estee Lauder’s Rose Tea:
estee-lauder-pure-color-lipstick-rose-tea2881You can find this at any department store that carries Estee Lauder. I usually go to my local Macy’s or Nordstrom's. You can also find it HERE. It retails for $23.


When I am wearing neutrals and want a bronzie look I will grab Revlon Moondrops Bamboo Bronze.
thumbnail.aspxYou can find this at most drugstores for around $9 a tube. I have worn this color for years. I would describe it as a copper with a pink undertone. It has good stay-on power.

Of all the lipsticks that I have used over the years I think the lip colors by Bobbi Brown are over all the best colors for the look I like. I go for a more natural fresh look, and her colors have never disappointed me. They also don’t change color once they are applied. I have always had trouble with colors going orange on me, but Bobbi Brown’s stay true to the color that is applied. Each tube will cost $23
Here is the link to her lip color collections.
E100_lI highly recommend that you go into a store and try on the different colors. I usually go for a Brown with a pink undertone such as her color Brownie.

The colors I wear in the Bobbi Brown line are:
Roseberry: A darker rose/pink for when I need more color with a pop. I will usually wear this when going out at night.
Burnt Sugar: Another good bronze/nude color for that sun kissed look.
Kir: On the dark side for me but when I am wearing darker colors for evening this is a stunning neutral color, plum/brown.

I put one lip gloss over all of the above colors in every brand, and that is my all time favorite, Go-To lip gloss:
Lipstick 012 (800x600)Every person that I have recommended this color too, has purchased it and loves it!!  The cost is $22.
This is Lilac sugar. It makes any lip color look better. It will give a sort of opalescence shimmer. It is glossy without being frosted looking. It stays on better than any lip gloss I have tried and I highly recommend any of Bobbi Browns lip glosses. You can find it HERE!

I hope this helps you all in finding your perfect lip color!!

One of my readers recommended Chanels All Day Color Wand gloss. I am going to check it out. If I buy some I will let you know how it works for me.

Leave a comment and let me know what are you Go-To favorite lip color products!! I am sure my other readers would love all the recommendations they can get!!

“Enjoy the Process!” Of:

Being a girl and playing with make-up!!

Kathysue



16 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This post and your last post are so good. I have a thing about lipstick too. I need something with a bit of orange or peach in it since my lips have a lot of blue in them. Also my complexion is dark. I so need to clean out my stuff and eleminate the gazillion tubes I have that don't work. Hope you are having a super day. Hugs, Marty

Cheryl said...

Nice job organizing~ My go to lip color is Bobbi Brown Blush Pink. If I am dressing up (or have enough time) I will use Bobbi's Baby Pink lip gloss.
When I find myself out and have forgotten my make-up bag, I will run into CVS and buy Bare Escentuals lip gloss in Sandy
Please know that I have oodles of other lip sticks, glosses, pots, pencils.... need I go on? But those are my favorites..

Splendid Sass said...

Kathysue-
I LOVE Bobbi Brown anything! I use almost everything they make, and I also love Trish.
These colors are beautiful, as I like a more natural look too, especially during the day.
Thanks for sharing.
I hope that your weekend is off to a great start.
Teresa
xoxo

Bring Pretty Back said...

Kathysue~ This was such a fun post! I just made a list of your favorites and am going to give some a try! I have one lip gloss by Bobbi Brown and love it.
Have a pretty day and thank you for taking the time to list everything!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

The enchanted home said...

I know the color bamboo bronze, used to wear it a lot when i used to bake in the sun! Now I go for a less suntanned glow, my absolute fave go to wear everyday color in Angel by Mac, but I did just buy a Bobbi Brown lipstick which I am liking a lot, now cannot remember the color. I too like pinky beige/browns, like a very natural look, never go for too much color and love experimenting, hence the dozens and dozens of neglected lipsticks in my "make up jungle" aka makeup drawer! Keep these reviews coming- love them!

The enchanted home said...

Having a problem leaving a comment, hope it will work this time. My go to color is Angel by MAC, and I just bought Bobbi Brown lipstick but dont' remember the color, but liking it! I love these reveiws that you are doing- keep em coming!

Jessie said...

You are definitely a pro when it comes to makeup, I am so clueless! Thanks for all your recommendation, will keep those in mind!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Oh I am bad about lipstick...I usually wear whatever was in the last give-away bonus at Clinique. I really should spend more attention on this as I know it is important to how you look. Thanks for the tips.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Seems we gravitate toward the same colors! Girl...you DO have quite the collection of lip stick!

Libby said...

The only one I wear (and not very often...) is Chanel Rose Baby. And you know, I think it may have been discontinued; that's how long it's been since I bought one!

Mel @ Georgica Pond said...

I have always been a lipgloss girl through and through. I only ever wear the same lipliner from The Body Shop in colour Beech, and Juicy Tubes lipgloss in a range of colours, mostly very neutral because the colour of the lipliner is all I need. I don't have a mouth like Angelina Jolie, but pretty big eyes so have always focused on the eyes and just done a simple glossy lip. Works for me!

Unknown said...

Is it crazy to say I don't know the name of my colors?! I usually like something in the plum family...just works best with my coloring. Bobbi Brown or Trish McEvoy are my go to brands!

Mwah!!!

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Yay!! So glad you did this post! I will have to save it. :)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

I'm enjoying your lipstick posts, Kathysue! I am going to check out your colors because I also like brown with pink undertones! Not wearing it much lately...leaves kissy marks on the babies! lol Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Stacy CUrran said...

I have more lipsticks than I can count! We have so much in common :)
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Funny, for a girl who loves make up... I've never tried Bobbi Brown. I will have to check her line out. xo