home about me our home

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What Should I Paint The Letter “P?”

Opinions Wanted Please!!

I have been sharing the progress of my playroom for awhile now. It is still in progress, but moving steadily along.
My most recent purchase was the big two foot letter “P.”

Playroom In Progress 004 (800x600) 
As you can see it is yellow. I love yellow, but not in this particular room. When I ordered the P I knew I would be painting it.


Here are the main fabrics that will determine how the P should be painted.
PLAYROOM fabric combos boy girl 004 (600x800) PLAYROOM fabric combos boy girl 010 (800x600)

I have a couple of ideas and thought I would pass them by you all to see what your opinions are. In blog land we all love to give our opinions!!

Sorry that the pictures are blurry, but these are the only letters I could find with stripes and I needed to show you examples.

Option #1:
Simple and all white

Option#2:
White front and navy edges

Option #3:
White with horizontal stripes in navy but wider than these stripes.
untitled (144x174) (144x174)


Option #4:
White and navy stipes on  the diagonal, again with wider stripes.
angle (194x259)


Option #5:
White and Navy vertical stripes.( Sorry I could not find a P only a B!)
These stripes are more accurate of the width I would use.
vertical (96x96)

Or do you have another option for me that you would like to suggest?

“Enjoy the Process” Of:

Finding the perfect option to paint my letter “P!”

Kathysue

22 comments:

laxsupermom said...

I vote white front with navy edges - simple, classic, and versatile.

Hamptontoes said...

I love the horizontal stripes! It's chic, crisp and adds a nice interest to the space!

Unknown said...

OMG i had that elephant (from Pier 1, rigth?) at the register to buy it - then i couldn't figure out where the heck to put it, so i left him behind :o(

I’m hosting a give-away and would LOVE for you and ALL to
Join Custom Sign Give-Away

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

lizziefitz said...

WHITE WITH HORIZONTAL WIDE NAVY STRIPES . CHECK OUT THE LOOK ON MY BLOG, KATE SPADE POST. DO YOU MIND IF I ASK THE SOURCE OF THE SUPER COOL LETTER?

La Dolfina said...

I'm not sure... but I trust you will pick the perfect option!!!
xo

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I think that I like option 4...or just plain navy.(-:

Ashley said...

i lOVE the horizontal stripes! SOOOO STINKIN CUTE!!! just found your blog :)

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Kathysue,
I love the horizontal stripe idea! Such a bright, airy room!
Teresa
xoxo

Karen said...

If the blue and white stripe is going to be used vertically, I'd go with a horizontal stripe.

Party Resources said...

White font with navy edges...

vignette design said...

I vote for either #3 or #5, because I know how much you like white and navy stripes. Plus, it will look fabulous with the fabrics and pop on your green wall! ~Delores

Tote said...

I think depending what is going to go next to the letter on the wall. I like the navy myself.

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

I vote for navy and white horizontal stripes! Good luck!!!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Well, as wonderful as all of these are, I would choose the white front and navy edges. Good luck - I think we're all having a tough time with our decisions lately!!!

Shelley Davis said...

I vote for the horizontal stripes too. Or I like that light blue stripe in the fabric with navy sides. It would be cool to pull that color in.

Blessings,
Shelley

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I love the last image but also like the idea of white with navy edge. I recently glittered and jeweled letters for daughter's bedroom and it's really amazing how you can transform a simple letter. Can't wait to see what you chose...Carol

Bring Pretty Back said...

PINK! I couldn't help myself Kathysue!!! Hee! I think all white would be my choice... but... anything you choole will look fabulous!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

The Devoted Classicist said...

Would you consider a glossy lemon yellow? Or even better, would you try gold-leafing it? (There are less expensive alternates to real gold).

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

I vote for a deep orange P!!! No stripes needed when a color so unexpected is needed!

Now, if stripes are desired, I suggest navy and white horizontal stripes with thin orange stripes added in. If orange is just not your thing, find another color that would accent the fabrics and go for it! Remember, its just a P!!!

Now I want a letter;-)

Gypsy Heart said...

Have you considered polka dots? I am probably speaking out of turn but since I like things "funky" and different...here goes! How about lime green with purple or white dots? Or use lime green and navy stripes?

I hope you haven't fainted! :-)
Pat

designchic said...

Love the horizontal stripes...can't wait to see what you do!!

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

White with navy edges. I don't think you want the stripes to compete with one another....well, I wouldn't anyway! I think the navy against your green walls with the shot of white will be quite eye-catching. You've got great taste! You'll know what to do.