home about me our home

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Spring Bucket List!

I am making some progress on the decisions for my Easter table. I have decided on the color scheme………..

BRIGHT YELLOW and WHITE!
1 (483x608)




My table will be sporting some of this fabric………………..


7 (500x400)
Laekitha from the “Home To Three Duncan Boys” blog was so kind to find this fabric for me. After reading my last blog post she left me a comment with the website. I ordered it this morning!!

 Don’t you just love the blogging community?!! Thank you Laekitha!! Be sure and visit her blog(HERE) and tell her Kathysue sent you by!


The next element is this darling metal birds nest from My Sparrow stylish responsibility. You can go to their website (HERE)

They have some amazing items that would be fun for a springtime table or for any season for that matter. Be sure and take a look. You won’t be disappointed.
6 (330x328) 


I thought the metal nest would look great in one of the galvanized French flower buckets I plan on using……………


5 (399x400)
It will be tall and dramatic!! I will remove it from the table when we sit down to eat.I think it will look nice on the bar where the food will be displayed. Or at least that is my plan today!!! You all know how things can change along the way. At least I have my base going now for all the final details. My mind better get busy!!!

I thought it would be fun to look at some inspiration I have in my files using galvanized pieces on tables.

A Spring Bucket List.....

The images you are about to view are for inspiration. There is something that spoke to me in each picture. Whether it is the size, shape, color or texture they made me think creatively about my own project. Just because an image isn’t exactly what you have in mind, never close off the possibilities it has to offer.

1 (267x267)

4 (150x150)

1 VIA ANN SAGE (366x478)
via Anne Sage

5 (300x400) (300x400)

3 (300x300)
The soft palette of colors used is so appealing.

4136_040809_irishmosscenterpiece_l (225x281)
I love the texture of the moss in the bucket with the sweet birds nest.

200803150232 (500x500)
Simple and yet very effective.

2 (675x505)
The mix of the metal and terra cotta is interesting to me.

1 (300x270)
Different sizes and shapes makes for a nice grouping.

2 (328x464)
I love the textures in this image. The addition of the straw baskets and wood makes for a nice mix.


3 (217x295)

4 (320x240)
8 (220x300)

6 (236x320)
Even after using buckets on the table they can be useful elsewhere.

9 (400x400)
I like the white Gerbera daisy with the color of the metal.

10 (580x587)
Turned upside down and used as lifts for food is a great idea.


untitled (196x300)
I really like this concept. I would not use the same fruit, yet it does inspire me. Think of Mr. McGregors garden, carrots and cabbage maybe some grass all the food little Easter bunnies would love to see. Now there is an idea for you.

My mind is spinning. How about yours? Are you getting any ideas for your own Easter table yet?


“Enjoy the Process” Of:

Looking for ideas and using unusual pieces for your centerpieces.

Kathysue

24 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Good Morning Kathysue!
OMG, you've got me really thinking spring this morning. I love the colors that you will be using and the idea of the large flora display.

I can't wait to see. Love the fabric too.

hugs
Sissie

Interior Design Musings said...

just lovely! Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm a sucker for yellow chevron too. M.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Love the yellow and white chevron fabric! Perfect and yet a little unexpected for an Easter table. When you are done with yours will you please come do mine? Janell

Tote said...

Sometimes I can't sleep at night thinking about projects that I would like to work on. Sometimes I think my mind works so much faster at night!

Susan

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I love galvanized containers but I seem to have a problem knowing how to use them...you have some great ideas here - thanks. I am sure that your table is going to be beautiful!

vignette design said...

When you said bucket, you really meant bucket! Great post KS! Love all the galvanized buckets. Great inspiration!

La Dolfina said...

I love your processes especially when your wheels are set in motion around a Holiday Table. It's gets me all excited and motivated!
Your schemes always turn out incredible Kathysue and yet this one might just be the best... I love the yellow fabric you just ordered!!
xo

Linda in AZ * said...

*** You just, once again, "Got my motor runnin'...", Ks!!!

As a "BIT" of an "OBSESSED FAN/COLLECTOR" (Is THAT an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!), of all things for tablesettings, I actually get INCREDIBLY EXCITED just THINKING about PLAYING with the almost-unbelievable, vast number of dishes & other things to choose from for two Easter tables... and now I just may "go galvanized" for a patio table...(!!!)... it's fun AND it "works well" here in the desert, if enough greenery/flowers are used imaginatively w/ some fun outdoor umbrellas, indoor/outdoor "grass carpeting" cut to table-size, etc!!!

Must run~~~ gonna go take a sneak preview thru all my "stuff", & make it a "party day", also including my BFF for lunch!!!

Blessings as always,

Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Privet and Holly said...

Funny, I have two
galvanized containers
at the ready to be
planted with wheat grass
for Easter : ) Love
all of the images that
you gathered, Kathysue!
xx Suzanne

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kathysue, it is going to be stunning. You always do the most wonderful tables. Can't wait to see it all. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs, Marty

lizziefitz said...

I vote for the wheat grass and birds' nests. I am excited to see the yellow and white theme, so fresh!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Well you did it. I am officially ready to start my spring decorating. Lovely images.

Karen said...

That last image is so fun. I have an old galvanized bucket I use for outdoor entertaining as an ice bucket. I never thought to use it for anything else, you've got the wheels a-spinnin'!

SHERRY HART said...

OK...decision is made...now we can't wait to see it!

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

What a classic vessel! It's been used forever and still looks fresh. I saw some at market that were painted with houndstooths and paisleys in black and cream....some of the cutest things I've seen! I know your table will be gorgeous!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Oh my word, look at all of those buckets filled with the prettiest flowers! Now I want to find me some:)

I'm glad I was able to help you with sourcing the fabric! Make me proud with your table! I really want to use lavender and green and white on my table, but I may have to do pink so I can get some use out these beautiful plates I found a Macy's a while back...

Now, if I can just find myself some fabric!!!

pve design said...

Take a look at Crafts for less, they have lots of things for less that really are wonderful.
pve

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post.

Becca Bertotti said...

What fun and vibrant fabric the yellow/white is! It's going to look gorgeous. I'm a huge fan of galvanized pots/pitchers/anything(!), too ... look forward to seeing what you do! *Becca*

K&B by the Sea said...

I won't be setting an Easter table, but all of these ideas could be incorporated into Easter vignettes anywhere in the house. Love the eggs in the galvanized buckets, and the gerber daisies with grass.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kathysue, I am sure your Easter table will be simply mahvelous!!

Unknown said...

I am loving all of your ideas... this is the perfect post to get us ready for Spring! Hope your weekend is lovely, Kathysue!! xo

kayce hughes said...

thanks! You have put me in the mood.

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

That yellow chevron is to die for! I've got a thing for chevron right now. That's the PERFECT way to use it -- lots of style for the day but not a huge commitment. Love what you do, Kathysue!