home about me our home

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So Many Choices So Little Time



In choosing a color scheme for Spring/Easter decor the color combinations are endless. I have narrowed my choices down to two possibilities this year. Pink and white or bright yellow and white.

In my searching and looking at other images I have saved in my files I found so many beautiful combinations. Since I am not going to use these combinations this year unless something drastically changes my mind(we creative types can be fickle little decorators) I thought I would share what I have found and maybe you might find something that inspires you.

Shall we begin"?!

securedownloadCARW9ZM2 (512x652)

securedownload[11] (524x652)
This combination reminds me of orange sherbet icecream. Repetition of form and colors is so affective, don’t you think? This could be done in any color combination that you like.
securedownloadCA0L6AE0 (524x652)
Egg cups seem to be a Martha Stewart favorite for Easter.

securedownloadCA4DWLB0 (512x652)
This is just bright and fun. Simple ribbon wrapped around a plain square vase makes for a great base. I can see multiples of these running down a table with a mirror runner and lots of votive candles.

securedownloadCA61MDOE (512x652)
Instead of eggs as an element what about beautiful white shells with Spring flowers and moss.

securedownloadCATBIXAB (652x652)
I found this last year and it is still one of my favorites. I love the use of the wood element holding the eggs.



securedownloadCAC0Z9GH (524x652)
More egg cups from Martha with just little sprigs of grass. Now anyone could do this. How about putting guest names on the eggs and use these as place cards.

securedownloadCARJZ9XO (512x652)
Nothing says spring like birds, so why not a bird cage. Notice the little nest in the corner.

securedownloadCA58UF5X (622x652)
I see jelly beans in my head when I look at these fun candle holders. I believe Pottery barn had these a few years back. An abundance of these going down the table as a runner with baskets of grass and brightly colored eggs inside would be so fun and festive.



securedownloadCATZH1W8 (652x652)
It does not take a lot of money or flowers to make a festive table setting. Simple every day bowls full of brightly colored eggs make a fun centerpiece. If you don’t have a colorful table cloth just add some brightly colored ribbons.

securedownloadCAUB2Q27 (512x652)
My friend Eddie Ross showed how to make these amazing flower balls on his blog. They seem so simple to do and something fun to do with flowers other than putting them in a vase. Eddie is so clever and does some amazing table settings. Be sure and visit his blog HERE to learn how to make a beautiful flower globe. He is a wonderful teacher.


securedownloadCAUW4GCC (512x652)
Simple cans spray painted soft pastels to hold flowers look so pretty here.

2 (200x208)
Purple, turquoise and pink make an interesting color combination.

5 (342x400)
An array of different ways to use eggs.

14 (400x274) 
I really liked this color combination.


12 (300x250)
All different white vases with tightly made bouquets are so pretty.

13 (300x400)

untitled (639x548)
Lavender and a soft green are so pretty together.
Do any of these color combinations give you any ideas for your own Easter table?
Enjoy the Process”Of:

Looking at the different possibilities for your Easter table.

Kathysue

18 comments:

xinex said...

Great ideas, Kathy Sue. Thanks for the inspiration...Christine

Jules said...

Hi, I'm back for a few days! Love Martha Stewart's grass in the eggcups and the brightly dyed eggs. Perhaps I will do something this Easter as we have quite a few people arriving...You are making me work Kathysue!!!!!!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

KathySue, I'm loving all of the lavender! So yes, lavender and green!

Karen said...

So many ideas to inspire. I'm always drawn to repetition or a simple object done en masse. There is an image from Martha Stewart that I'd love to recreate for Easter. It's a grouping of pink flowers clustered in short square vases lined up down the center of a table almost like a runner.

Gretchen O. said...

Now, I am totally inspired to do some Easter designing! Now, if I could only make up my mind, or narrow it down to 2 like you!

Anonymous said...

That's a tough one, pink and white or yellow and white. Why not all three!
I can't wait to see the finished product.
Xo,
E + J

Karena said...

Kathysue, so many beautiful spring combinations. I love the tulip table!!!

Last day...Come and enter my giveaway for bath & body!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

lizziefitz said...

The polka dot colored glass votives are darling!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

I know it's going to look good, which ever way you go!

Stitchfork said...

You can't go wrong with any of these! Such fun cheerful looks!
Cathy

Tote said...

Kathysue, You have inspired me to come up with a great centerpiece. My daughter is having Easter at her house, so I think I will make it for her house. I love the little eggs with flowers! They all look lovely. It is a hard decision, but whatever you decide I am sure will be beautiful!

Susan

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Hello Kathysue!

I really like your ideas here, specially the one with the shells... maybe because I'm missing Summer so much! :-)

Beautiful and inspiring choices!

I hope you're having a great day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

The Buzz Blog said...

You can't wrong with any of these - so pretty and fresh. Using eggs and tulips (which look like eggs when used low in a vase!) is a must for us...
xxoo

LiveLikeYou said...

Hi Kathy Sue I know you're going to do something amazing for Easter. I am the worst when it comes to decorating for the holidays. I grew up doing it the Swedish way with feathers in branches etc, but been living here for so long I get stuck somewhere in nowhere land and instead do nothing...that needs to change!

Mona thompson said...

Such fun images. I love them all. I may do something with grass and eggs in my wood sugar mold this year. I particularly liked that one.

vignette design said...

All of these images are so fun and say Easter to me! I always use my lavender/purple transferware for Easter. Add yellow daffodils and voila! Thanks for the inspiration and some really great ideas for tablescapes and centerpieces. xo Delores

Marcus Design said...

Kathysue, this color inspiration is just perfect, I am NEEDING spring and Easter!! I love that image of all the colored eggs coordinated in bowls, sooo pretty but simple too! I wanted to pop over and thank you for your super kind comments today over at Hallie's blog, you put a huge smile on my face and made my day!! Thank you for being such a great blog friend to me :)
Nancy xo

Beach House Living said...

Funny how egg cups have come back in. I think they look charming.