home about me our home

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Something To Spend Time Doing Today!!

California has been having quite a bit of rain lately. It makes for a cozy day in the house and I like that. Yesterday I received something in the mail that was perfect for a cozy rainy day.

I have been a little under the weather and receiving this was so timely. Since I am staying in trying to feel better it could not have come at a more perfect time.


This is what I received in the mail………

Bunny Williams 001 (800x600)
I got this package from one of the most beautiful (inside and out) ladies in blog land. Lisa from Hamptontoes blog. She is so lovely, and a major talent in the design field.

Please go and take a look at her blog you will be happy that you did.  She shares her own adventures in design and shows us what she finds at the design mart, and even does interviews with famous designers like Bunny Williams.

She met Bunny Williams when she was an intern at Bunny’s design firm. She did a post on her interview with Bunny Williams and also offered a giveaway of Bunny’s new book, “Scrapbook for Living.”

Guess who was chosen to receive this wonderful book?

ME!!


Bunny Williams 003 (800x600)
There is one more surprise in this amazing book………


Bunny Williams 004 (800x600)
Lisa had Bunny Williams sign it!! My first ever signed by an author book!!!


So my dear friends you can picture me here……….

fm4 (478x640)
……. sipping a hot cup of tea to soothe my throat and reading happily!!

"Trying to Enjoy the process of being sick!"



Kathysue


10 comments:

laxsupermom said...

It's so nice to get packages in the mail, especially when you're under the weather. How exciting that she had it signed! Hope you feel better soon.

lizziefitz said...

Feel better! What a lovely gesture having the book signed:) Congratulations on your big win.

Hamptontoes said...

Kathysue,
What a nice surprise to see that you posted about your Bunny signed book! I'm so happy for you. I know you'll enjoy her musings on creating a home, not a house. BTW, the wrapping on the book is the Zoffany wallcovering that is in my dining room! Much love, Lisa

The Buzz Blog said...

Lisa is a living doll and as lovely in person as she is on her blog. I feel very lucky to call her a friend and neighbor... What a wonderful pick me up and a delightful way to spend the day. Hope you fell better very soon!
xxoo

Tote said...

What a lovely gift. It was so nice of her to think of you.
I hope you feel better soon!

Susan

Bring Pretty Back said...

Kathysue! What a perfect way to spend your day! How sweet of Lisa!!!!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Tricia Rose Rough Linen said...

That sounds like a perfect afternoon!

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Ks, I'm a firm believer that GOOD/NICE THINGS hapeen to GOOD/NICE PEOPLE... and I also believe in PAYING IT FORWARD... and LISA has done that...What a truly LOVELY, THOUGHTFUL, GENEROUS & LOVING thing for her to do, ESPECIALLY "for no special reason" other than having a good heart!... not only were YOU blessed, but SHE IS BLESSED, too!!!

(Note: I LOVED that wrapping paper~ she even WRAPPED it in a lovely way!!!)... Smiles and loving joy all around...

Am SURE you are feeling MUUUUCH better today/now, my friend!

Warmest wishes to you AND to LISA!

Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear you've been feeling under the weather....I hope you're rebounding soon!

And, yes, a signed book by Bunny Williams from one of the sweetest and most beautiful bloggers I personally know, Lisa, will definitely help you begin to feel better!!

xoxo elizabeth

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Oh Kathysue, I hope you start feeling better soon. All the rain certainly doesn't help. What a wonderful surprise to receive in the mail and sitting in your favorite chair reading this wonderful book is the perfect way to recuperate. And how fabulous that Lisa had it signed for you! Instead of enjoying the process of being sick, I would rather you enjoy the process of feeling better!
XO