home about me our home

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Porch “Good News”

All-I-need-girlfriends[1]
Do you have a friend that just seems to come to the rescue just when you need her? Well, I do!! I was talking to my friend and we were sharing Spring Fever stories and the projects we were working on and the one’s we wanted to do in the future. I just love talking about stuff like this with my friends. Anyway, I  started telling her the porch saga and my plans to make a No-sew panel for the porch. She offered to actually sew it for me!! Yippee!! I still can not believe she is going to do it for me. I am one very lucky girl!! Oh I forgot to tell you  that I bought 3 yards of fabric and then upon further thinking about it I actually needed 6yds since the panel is double sides, Duh!! That meant another trip to the store for more fabric.
My sweet, sweet friend made the panel today and hopefully we will get it hung soon. So I am on my way, except for the replacement cushions. I also need to find a rug but have one in mind. Soon, I hope, I will be done. I just hope by that time the flowers don’t die and need to be re-potted.
“ Enjoy the Process” Of: Sharing plans with friends.
Kathysue

16 comments:

ashlina {the decorista} said...

see. i just knew you were meant to have even MORE fabulous cushions than the first ones..and these will be made with love!!!! what great news. i love hearing that...
yipee!

Hamptontoes said...

What a great friend! Can't wait to see your porch. On another note, I got your information about the umbrella post. It's funny you mentioned Pier One as I went there on Friday afternoon before asking you about your post. I did see an umbrella there that I liked. I kept thinking about the frilly ones in your post, but after looking at the information you provided they don't have the color way I need so I'm heading back to Pier One.

Blondie's Journal said...

I can't wait to see your porch when it is finished. Lucky you to have such a sweet girlfriend. Learning to sew is on my list of goals!

xoxo
Jane

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kathysue, I can't wait to see the porch. I know it is going to look just fabulous. I really like the rug, that I found, now just to figureout cushions. Always something isn't it. Hugs, Marty

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathysue,
What a sweet friend to sew that for you. I can't wait to see the finished project.

hugs
Sissie

Allie and Pattie said...

Wonderful (now I would have sewn it for you if you'd asked!) LOL It's going to be lovely
xoxo Pattie

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Kathysue! How sweet of your friend to offer to sew for you! I just know you will find the perfect cushions. I did a little peeking for you and most of the ready-made seem to be 15 inches. :-( However, I am sure the perfect ones are out there! Can't wait to see it all! Happy Sunday...hugs...Debbie

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I can't wait to see the curtains and rug and everything Kathysue. My porch curtains, if they ever materialize, will be no sew.:-)

Happy Sunday!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

NOTHING like a good friend....who has a sewing machine!

Have a great weekend!

La Dolfina said...

You have the best friends!! Maybe that's because you make the best friend!
XOX

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

Put good thoughts out there and look what comes back! So glad you got the help you need. I can't wait to see it all completed. I don't know if I can wait until those cushions come in though. You might have to post "interim" pics.
Have a great Sunday!

Unknown said...

Oh, girlfriends are wonderful! Aren't we lucky to have them? I don't think that I have any friends who know how to sew, though, boo!!

Tricia said...

Yay, that is great news. You have me dying to see it all finished!
T

Unknown said...

What's better than great friends like that?! Good luck and can't wait to see the "reveal"!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kathysue, that is great that your friend will do that for you. That is a good friend indeed. I can't wait to see all this come together. I need to work on mine.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Kathysue! What a great friend!!! I have to scroll back and read up on your porch. :-)