home about me our home

Monday, April 26, 2010

Greek Key Footstool and Spray Paint!

I walked in to the store the other day and what did my eye’s see? A footstool!  Not just any footstool but a metal Greek Key footstool. I love the Greek Key pattern. I did a blog post on it here.  I had to use my imagination because the footstool was in a bronze metal with a brown micro-suede fabric. You all know that I am not a brown or a micro-suede girl. I looked at it , I lifted it. Aaaah! Yes! it was nice and heavy, definitely worth purchasing……….
front porch Spring makeover 001
front porch Spring makeover 002 (758x800)
Now what do you think I did with this footstool?
I have finally joined all of you out in blog land and I bought a can of flat black spray paint and primer.
I have to give my Hubby the credit for the spray painting. I have been known to make quite a mess of things when I have paint in my hands so he volunteered to paint it for me. While the paint was drying I proceeded to cover the brown micro-suede with a fabric that makes me smile every time I see it……
001 (721x800)
002 (639x800)
I am so pleased with the way it has turned out. Now, one more question. Where do you think this new foot stool will be going? If you guessed the front porch you are absolutely right.
Oh! I forgot to tell you the best part. This nice heavy metal footstool was purchased at none other than Big Lot’s. Can you believe it? I purchased it for $45.
If you would like to see another footstool makeover be sure and visit my friend Averill’s blog, Odi et Amo here.  I love what she did in her master bathroom it is wonderful!
“Enjoy the Process” Of: Changing a piece of furniture with spray paint and fabric.
Kathysue

29 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathysue,
Ahh, the joys of spray paint! The transformation of this little stool is amazing....from so so to fantastic!
Love that striped fabric.

hugs
Sissie

Allie and Pattie said...

Kathysue, that's just GORGEOUS!! Great buy! I always have to remind myself about Big Lots- it's a bit of a ride and I tend to forget. Great job
xoxo Pattie

Tammy@InStitches said...

LOVE it !

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Kathysue, the little stool is just wonderful. I love the design and the black and white fabric is just perfect. Can't wait to see the porch totally finished. Hugs, Marty

Tricia said...

Love it Kathysue and it's perfect for your porch~ the porch that we are all waiting patiently to see. :)
Happy Monday my friend.
T

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Kathysue, lovin the new find! Spray paint is magic in a can! Just did a post featuring a spray paint makeover today! Thanks for sharing this fun project!

La Dolfina said...

Stunning DIY!!!
It's going to be uber fab on your front porch!!!
I'm dying to see those curtains of yours... please hurry :)

Cindy / Aka Chymecindy said...

LOve it!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kathysue. that looks great. Love the black with the striped fabric. Perfect for your porch. Wow, at Big Lots of all places!!

Beth Connolly said...

I love it-fabulous job!

Karen said...

No way! I'm doing a post about Big Lots this week. I'd love to show your stool. The fabric you choose is perfect.

ashlina {the decorista} said...

omgoooodness. i love it kathysue...its perfect!!!! :) how was the rest of the weekend porch-ing?????
xo

Anonymous said...

Love that spray paint! I had lots of fun with it this weekend too. Great find!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love the "After!" :)

Kat said...

What a find Kathysue! It's perfect for your porch. Our Big Lots is really hit or miss, rarely do we have anything this nice. Love what you did with it! Hugs, Kat

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Kathysue, thanks for stopping by! You can join the party anytime you have a pretty good thrifty find. I'm not too strict on what qualifies, so something like this would be fine.

Love your stool!! Big Lots has some surprisingly good thing. I bought a really cute X stool in there last year & covered it with zebra for my guestroom.

Karen said...

Hi Kathysue, I just got your message and I'll be posting about Big Lots tomorrow and will be including your great find. Thanks for sharing!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Love spaypaint, isn't it the best!! Wonderful transformation! Enjoy your day friend!
XO
Kristin

The Shiny Pebble said...

Great makeover! I need to start thinking outside the box. You all put me to shame!

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

I"m late getting to you today, Kathysue, but I want to congratulate you on moving over to the dark side with the rest of us spray paint fanatics! There's just not anything that can't be improved with paint. The next step is to channel your inner "I am woman, hear me roar" independence and learn to use the trigger yourself! The stool is so cute, and I can't wait to see it in that fabulous porch you're making!

Judy said...

Ohhh, girl, that turned out great! Can't wait to see it on your porch with all your other "pretties"!

Judy

Sanity Fair said...

great makeover! I LOVE the stripe + stripe vibe you have going there - great find. I'm such a fan of greek key. Enjoy!
-Sanity Fair

Anonymous said...

Great transformation and excellent photography skills, as well!

Averill said...

That does it...I'm going to Big Lots this week!!!

The greek key is fabulous Kathysue and it looks great in a modern black and with the black and white stripe. Brava!

{And thanks so much for the shout-out. I'm so flattered.}

Cashon&Co said...

absolutely stunning. great job, i love it!

Gypsy Heart said...

I'm definitely a black & white girl! Have to have my red too though. The stool is beautiful ~ you did a great job. Thanks so much for sharing!

bluehydrangea said...

Love it! The striped fabric really makes a difference as well as making me happy! And Big Lots? I am impressed!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

I LOVE your footstool, Kathysue! The Greek key design and black and white stripe are so you! Perfect!...hugs...Debbie

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Kathysue...they need YOU designing their stools...this is sooo much better! Love the redo!