home about me our home

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Our 2017 Falala Christmas Home!

 

There has been a whole lot of Falalaing going on over here at our home this year. 

For some reason it just seemed more fun than ever with the bright color combination of pinks and reds and of course my goofy little Zebra pillow that was the jumping off point of everything you are about to see.....

(several of you have asked about him and where I purchased him. I bought him last year, but I did find him on Wayfair so just go HERE if you would like to have him in your home too.)

This years Christmas mantel before adding the beaded garland and ribbon streamers.....




I had so much fun with the colors I used this year, and the brush trees were the perfect addition!



At night everything just sparkles and glistens. Oh how I love our Falala home!!



Under the tree you can see some of our gifts that I wrapped. More to do but I got a good start and the papers all coordinate with the decor!! YES I planned it that way, in fact this plan was made last year after Christmas.

Speaking of the TREE, here she is, our Memory tree for 2017. I really like her in her pink ribbons!!



I continued the pink and red into the kitchen.......

This sits at the end of my large kitchen island, it has lights in it so at night this little area is a soft glow of light.

In the kitchen dinette we opened up the table to get it ready for our family gathering. I used a 5 ft. door mirror down the middle, just to give you an idea of the size of the centerpiece. I continued the red and pink with lots of sparkle and reflection. Who says there has to be candles in your candlesticks?.......

I made a little collage so you could see it from different angles and also see the sparkle!!

At the end of table I hung another wreath from a few  years ago. I added a few pink and red ornaments to make it look a little more fun and less formal. This also lights up at night.  A girl needs her twinkly lights this time of year!!


This wreath was inspired by a Martin Jobe design and also Martha Stewart has a tutorial on how to make it. I found the tutorial after I made mine, her way was easier than mine, but I love the results so I am happy with it. You can read about how to make it, HERE.

One of the exciting things, at least exciting for me, was the final touch in the great room above the TV.

But let me show you what is below the TV first. It is a restoration hardware zinc tray measuring three ft. long so it is bigger than it looks in the picture. It is full of snow and ornaments and brush trees which ties in with the look of the mantel since it is on the same wall.....






Now for the one thing that brings me  a little giggle every time I see it. Over the years this Christmas phrase has become kind of a signature phrase for me and those that know me well know this about me. I am just a Falalaing kind of gal.......


So there you have our Falala home for this year. Of course I will continue wrapping packages and tweaking things until it is Christmas day. THAT is just what I do and loving every minute.

So from our home to yours......





 
 

9 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kathysue, I love it all. The pink and red is so perfect and you have everything decorated to perfection.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

It's just beautiful and so festive! Job well done!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

That pillow sets the stage (so adorable) and you really ran with the ball! You seriously are the master of gift wrap! I had a smile on my face reading this whole post. Fa la la la la... la la la!

Sue said...

So fa la fun Kathysue.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I love your use of colors, they really look spectacular in your home. The table centerpiece adds a real "wow" factor.

All really, really nice, and so festive.

Merlin said...

It looks "FA"bulous!! Particularly luv'd the wreaths!! I believe I got "the same" multi brush trees and oh, how they do sparkle!! franki

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Fa-La-La indeed!!! Everything is just beautiful...so loving the pinks and reds of the ornaments, decor and trees...oh that pillow is the cutest!....and what a most creative idea to use the door mirror! All those who walk up to the table will certainly say "WOW" .... The wreath is amazing...Love your Fa-La-La home!!!
Have a Very Merry Weekend Kathysue!!!!

Christy said...

Hi Kathysue, your home is so festive and fun! I saw a cute top at Talbots that would be perfect with your theme...it's navy and white striped and says Fa La La La La in colorful metallic letters! https://www.talbots.com/online/tees-and-knits/fa-la-la-holiday-tee-prdi44386/N-10537?selectedConcept=&akamai-feo=off Enjoy!

Mary said...

Remember a while back you did a post about how to prevent your home from looking Granny-ish? Well, your Christmas decor is certainly not like any granny would do. Using red & pink looks so modern & fresh. This is outstanding!!!
And I love the FaLaLa. In our home it’s HoHoHo.
Ps...I remember when you made the pagoda wreath. It’s still beautiful!