home about me our home

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Let's WRAP this up!!

 


There has been lots of  falalaing going on over here . I am sure you all are doing the same in your homes.

We have been shopping, wrapping and even took time to do absolutely nothing but sit by the fire and enjoy our home.

In my last post I showed you around our Christmas home but I wanted to show you some of what we have been up to.

One of my favorite things to do is wrapping of gifts and this year was no exception.

As you all know all my decor this year came about because of my sweet, goofy little zebra pillow.....

My color scheme this year is pink and red with touches of black and white. I have to say I have had so much fun working with this combination this year.

This pillow helped me decide on the pink and red....



Here are my wrapping papers all lined up. Every year I coordinate my papers and decor. What can I say, it is a carry over of many years of coordinating fabrics, paint and furniture!!


I like to pull all my elements together to make sure they all work seamlessly....




I added my signature black and white striped paper and solids in reds and pinks to the mix, and of course some double faced satin ribbons and gift tags.

Speaking of gift tags I had fun pulling mine together this year. I order mine from Southern Hospitality Co. on etsy.  Their tags are the best I have ever purchased. Beautiful thick quality paper, large tags that make a beautiful statement on any package. You can go here if you are interested, I highly recommend them!!

Here are the tags I chose this year! Aren't they fun? They make me smile.




Pink and red is such a fun color combination. I know it is not for everyone, but it sure worked well for me  year.this









I still have a few more to wrap but here they are all together looking very happy under our tree. I can't wait for my family to see them!!

Every year my sweet hubby and I take one day that I have called our Falala day. It is a day of no pressure shopping and fun for us. We go to a town close by, Walnut Creek, which has wonderful shopping, lights and decorations. We take our time and enjoy our day together, its fun being in the hustle and bustle when you aren't under any pressure.


Merry Christmas to you all!!

 
 

9 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kathysue, I love it all, It looks so much like you and I love the picture of you and Doug. I hope you have the most Blessed and Merry Christmas ever.

NanaDiana said...

I love the color combinations, Kathysue. Very pretty and fun. Those are great looking tags, too. I will have to check those out. Enjoy this upcoming week- xo Diana

Lady of the Manor said...

Your Christmas preparations look lovely! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Kathysue... You and your hubby are so darn cute! Love your plaids. Your house looks stunning. I love the pink/red combo that I think I may have to copy you next Christmas. Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year!!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

It's all so colorful and beautiful. I'm just not into wrapping anymore and I should be ashamed. My gifts are wrapped but it's nothing "to write home about" for sure. I did them to perfection for years and years and just grew weary. A most wonderful Christmas is wished to you.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I LOVE your theme and colors this year as i love them each year!!....and my hubby and I do the same thing....a no pressure day out of fun, food, and shopping....and must say that you look "Mah-va-lous" !!!!
Have a very Merry Christmas Kathysue...enjoy your time with your family....and Happy New Year!!!

Mary said...

I’ve been coordinating my wrapping paper & ribbon for several years now. But then my husband insists on wrapping his gifts in the gawdy paper that he likes. Oh well...
Your pink & red combination is beautiful! The cute pillows were the perfect inspiration.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

So cheery! We should meet in Walnut Creek sometime!

Kathysue said...

Mary Ann I would absolutely love that, lets do that after the first of the year!! Merry Christmas!!