home about me our home

Monday, August 26, 2013

I Can Hardly Wait!


Have you ever waited for a long time to have something done and when the day finally arrives to get it done, you can hardly believe it?!!

Well that is what is going on with me today. 

TODAY is the day an electrician is coming to my house! For those of you who know me, or who have been following along with my journey in blogland you might remember a few of the things I am about to show you….

Lighting #1

Lantern 005 (800x600)
Colorful? Yes! Big? Yes! Functional? NO!

This lantern will be going in this room…..
time to play

Right in the middle of the room hanging from the ceiling!

playroom



Lighting #2

IMG_2183

Hanging already? Yes!  Pretty? I like to
 think so! Do they light up? A big fat NO!!

Lighting #3


I had a little fun on my Facebook page this weekend. I showed this image on my page, and asked everyone if they knew what it was…….

Capiz lights 001 (1024x768)

There were so many funny answers and guesses. Here are just a few:

1. a bait loader? you separate your bait, or your hubby does and when you want to load your hook you simply put the hook in the bait inside baggie so you don't have to touch the bait? or wind chime...

2. A floating device for children?

3. It's a device that scare seagulls away? Instead of a scarecrow, it's a scareseagull? Or white noise for when I take my nap at the beach it'll relax me? Or a dinner bell for people with very good hearing? Homing device for kids playing in the water to be able to find our beach blanket? Oh heck, I don't know. Can you tell I'm guessing?

4. Ah! Hah! , you'll be collecting sea shells and placing them in the bags to make a mobile. Being the clever interior designer that you are the sand will be contained in the baggies so it'll save you time when you do your dusting chores

In all fairness to them I did give them some hints that probably led the astray….

HINT: It has something to do with the BEACH!
HINT: It makes a noise.
HINT: It uses something you use to fish with!

All of my hints were true, but misleading, on purpose.

There were a couple of friends that guessed right!

A CAPIZ SHELL CHANDELIER!

West elm capiz


Here is mine hanging in the playroom reading nook. I used this handy dandy way to hang it while I unwrapped every single little bag that was protecting the shell strands as pictured above!

Capiz lights 004 (768x1024)

My last hint was that it looks good in the morning or at night…….


Capiz lights 008 (768x1024)

Here it is all lit up!! An extra bonus is the shadows it will cast on the wall.

My HINT about it makes a noise is very true, it makes the most wonderful tinkling sound.

I am mesmerized by these types of lights. I can not walk by one without touching them. 

I not only have one but I have TWO!! Now let me show you where they will be going……

master bedroom collage
One on each side of my king size bed in the master bedroom.

So now you can see why I a very excited, our handy-dandy electrician will be installing all of these lights today!
I will keep you posted!!

18 comments:

Merlin said...

I, too, love capiz shells and have one hanging from my back deck and one hanging in the middle of the boathouse and a capiz lamp by my bed. Let there be light!! franki

michele said...

beachy and romantic, they are. woohoo for the electrician visit.

have a wonderful week.

i will be painting walls today.

michele

La Dolfina said...

So exciting!!!!
I love it when electricians come to visit!!
Enjoy the light!

La Dolfina said...

Oh, and don't forget the dimmers!!!!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Get pictures up the second the electrician finishes....
Yes, I know the excitement!

Unknown said...

I want one SO BAD! Enjoy them for all of us!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Beautiful things ahead for you and your already lovely home. Can't wait to see the finished rooms.

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

What an exciting day! I love the over sized blue lantern. What a colorful room it will be added to. The reading nook is divine.

The lights for your master...so chic. I can't believe you had to put all those pieces together. I am impressed.

Woodside Park said...

Hi, Kathysue -
You have already done so much this year! Very exciting, indeed!! I know you'll keep us posted, so I'll check back to see the results. Good luck!
x Loi
PS - Love your reading nook!!

Unknown said...

I love your lighting and an electrician coming is a really big deal to us decorators! That is a luxury I could always use! I have learned to change out a fixture but to add sockets, whoa, I would love to have more lighting. Good luck, can't wait to see!
xo Nancy

vignette design said...

How fun! Your capiz shell chandeliers are going to look so wonderful on either side of your bed. Can't wait to see the final reveal. Also love the lantern. YOu must be so excited! ~Delores

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

All so great! I know that you are so excited!!
teresa
xoxo

The enchanted home said...

You really forget about how much a light can literally "light up your life" until a new fixture is up and then suddenly the space comes to life...best feeling. Cannot wait to see pics.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

You are on a roll...cant wait to see it after the electrician comes...your whole house is going to be redone...

Stacey {steward of design} said...

I just got a capiz light for one of my daughter's rooms and I love it. I, too, love the light it gives off and the sound. They are going to look great in your space!

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

YOU can't wait???? I can't wait! :) Keep us posted, you've left us "hanging." LOL xxxxooooo

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I have always love the capiz shell chandys...They are going to look gorgeous in your bedroom!...Great idea..It is always so great to have electricians doing work that as a "beautiful" result!!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Love that chandy!!!!!!