home about me our home

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Look What Followed Me Home From Ikea!!

   

Going to Ikea is always a fun thing to do. I love looking at  all the different elements and re-inventing their uses in my head.

Yesterday’s trip was equally as fun for me, but on this trip a few things followed me home.
Two of these……

After reading countless reports about how wonderful these chairs are, I figured I would give them a try in my family room that I am redoing!

So far, very impressed with comfort, looks and quality of the actual slipcover. Obviously the frame is what it is, inexpensive, but for the price a real deal!

This next item also followed me home. It has wanted to come with me on numerous other occasions, but I wasn’t ready for its arrival.

Yesterday it finally made it into my home. However, it is still all rolled up waiting for my sofa to return with its new covering.

ikea-stockholm-rand-rug-flatwoven__56123_PE161531_S4
The Stockholm Rand rug

The jury is still out and its final judgment will be in two weeks from now.

Black and white stripes, and checks have always been a favorite of mine, and I was realizing with the re-do I did not have it in the room as a main element. With that in mind I am going to try and incorporate it.

A few things might have to be tweaked but here is how it goes with my main fabrics. 

You will also see another rug possibility in a blue stripe for the summer season……

FALL/WINTER POSSIBILITIES
#1
11
(adding the Greek Key motif in a pillow)

#2
12
( addition of black background Greek key in white)

SPRING/SUMMER POSSIBILITIES
# 3
(BLACK RUG)
15
(An addition of the blue and green print)

#4
BLUE DASH AND ALBERT RUG

4
(Addition of solid green with center white applique)
OR

#5
13

So there you have it, now you know what is stirring in my designing mind this weekend between laundry and other fun chores like that!!

 

23 comments:

Judy said...

i've considered that chair too...glad to hear that you like it so far. i might have to get one on my next trip to Ikea.

looking forward to seeing your room come together!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Great looking chair! What color is it, white or natural?
I think I like #2 for Winter and #3 for Summer....but I know they will change!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

My daughter has two similiar chairs from IKEA and they have been great...she just washes them occassionally and they turn out like new.

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

I hope the rug works into your design plans. It just says Kathysue to me!
Have a happy weekend,
Wendi

Stacey {steward of design} said...

I love all your fabric choices!

Woodside Park said...

I love how you update classic stripes and checks, Kathysue. Don't you adore Ikea? I can buy the entire store. And enjoy snack breaks in their cafes and restaurants :)
xo
Loi

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I've looked at the rug a million times...I love the blue with it...and the green for spring/summer. Why have I not bought this rug?

Mumbai said...

K.S. I can see a complete different home in the future. You are going to change your style . Much more modern, wich I personally like and IKEA is a good place to find chic and affordable furniture and other items.

The enchanted home said...

Looking good..the chair is great. I love all the combinations especially 1 and 4, keep up the great job!

Carla Aston said...

Love your purchases. My daughter has the sofa that matches your chairs and it is amazingly comfortable and the slipcover is great. It's such a good deal, definitely hard to pass up.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I can't wait to see you room reveal. Love all those colors.

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Love both of the items you bought at Ikea...that rug is so great. And I have the chairs too...love em.

It's awesome that you have pillows in mind for all four seasons...changing pillows is so fun!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Green and blue together offers the best of nature and relaxation.
Brenda

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I have one Ektorp chair and I love it. I wish I had 2! You were smart to get a pair. I'm so looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Melinda said...

Not sure if you're wanting comments but my picks are #2 for winter and either #3 or 4 for summer.

Melinda said...

Not sure if you're wanting comments but my picks are #2 for winter and either #3 or 4 for summer.

Interior Design Musings said...

Kathy Sue,
I've been eyeing that fabulous blue and green schumacher floral for awhile now. I would never have thought to pair it with the black and white as the buffalo check, but it's fabulous together! M.

Karena said...

Kathysue you have got it just right. I love your choices; fresh, yet bold and full of life!

Love and Hugs,

Karena
Art by Karena

michele said...

lovin those picks, kathysue! they are perfectly timeless and cool at the same time.

happy monday, lovely.

michele

A Perfect Gray said...

kathysue! that rug is one of my all-time favorites! but it is never in stock at the closest ikea!!!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Kathsue, I want to see that rug in your home. I have been looking at it from a far for a long time. I'll let you go first. I really love your #2 combo. You really layer well.

Abby M. Interiors said...

Soooo pretty! I love buffalo check, and it looks great with the Schumacher. Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. Not everyone was a fan. ;-). I hope you have a great day!

SHERRY HART said...

Can't sing the praises of Ikea enough!!! Just helped my sister accessorize her porch with the B&W rug yesterday (since I wasn't using it in my guest room anymore). I do not know how you are going to decide!!!