home about me our home

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Do You Like Stripes And Checks!?

 


grain-stripe-peony-1693-p

Stripes and checks have a uniformity to them that I seem to require in my home. These two patterns have been a staple not only in my home, but in my wardrobe too.

In fact if you look inside my closet you will see checks and stripes in blues, black, green just like you do in my home.

empire-1-peony-308-p

I  recently chose a blue ticking stripe for my sofa based on a sofa I had about 8 years ago. 

I loved that sofa, and when we needed to replace it, I went out of my box, and chose a floral pattern on a beautiful natural linen. 

How does that saying go?…..FAIL! Not that it wasn’t beautiful but it was not me.

avon-check-cream-65-p[ekm]483x289[ekm]

Since the blue ticking is my base fabric I needed to find fabrics for pillows. I was having a hard time finding checks, and stripes that I loved in the right colors and scale. I spent countless hours looking.

In my looking I ran across a company based in England, Ian Mankin.

I was amazed at the colors, and the patterns in stripes, checks, plaids, and even soft floral jacquards, or a simple embroidered vine pattern.



You all know I don’t advertise on my blog, but when I find a product I love I will do a blog post, singing its praises. I want to be helpful to all of you who might also be looking for good quality sources.

I found all of the patterns so appealing to my senses and the colors were equally as appealing. Ranging from neutrals to blacks, reds, sage, blues.

Their blues were the colors I sent for samples, and I have to say it was love at first sight.

suffolk-check-l-indigo-148-pgrain-stripe-indigo-1685-p

The first fabric is a beautiful blue, not navy, not cobalt, right in between. 

It has the clarity I need for my room. It is saturated but still has a softness to it. I find when a color has those two qualities they work for me.

The second is a beautiful linen with a grain sack look to it, in fact it is called grain-stripe. It is such a beautiful quality linen.

I know there are those of you out there just like me who have a hard time finding fabrics that will work in your home. 

If you love beautiful colors and lovely fabrics of great quality, this is the company for you.

Go over to Ian Mankins website and take a look at all they have to offer.

Fabrics….. Cushions….. Accessories… Wallcoverings….
&
RECLAIMED WOOD FURNITURE

Check out these drum shades covered in their fabrics….

lampshade-ticking-01-navy-5355-p


lampshade-angus-stripe-nordic-red-5327-p


If you love checks, stripes, simple florals, velvets, cottons, linens this is the place for you.

Once I placed my order I had it within a week, not bad for coming all the way from England to California!! 

They have a great sample program so be sure and check them out!

 

15 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Kathysue, thanks for the info on this company. I will definitely check them out. Just what I need more projects...MC will go crazy!

Unknown said...

i do like stripes!

debra @ 5th and state said...

this is SO timely!

stepping back, i was at a decorative arts show to the trade in london 2 years ago. ian mankin's fabrics took my breath away.

current days; i had long since lost their literature and forgot the firms name. i am in the midst of recovering at home and for a client, hunting for the right fabrics.

and here you come kathysue to the rescue! just ordered swatches and am quite excited. ahhh, the wonders of bogging!
xo
debra

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

Thank you for sharing your source! I can't wait to check it out.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Oh I love all these fabric... stripes, checks and linens just speak to me! Thank you so much for giving me the name of a great source.
You have the most beautiful taste, KathySue!

The enchanted home said...

Such beautiful things..LOVE checks and stripes, but wish they weren't in London!! Such a tease:)

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

I don't have any checks in my house or my wardrobe and only a few subtle stripes. I lean toward solids, simple florals, and tone on tone patterns. I do like the look of checks and stripes and appreciate the style when done right, like in your house.
Have a great evening, Kathysue!
~ Wendi

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

They look gorgeous. I adore stripes and checks too.

michele said...

never tire of stripes and checks!

:)
michele

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Thank you so much!!!!! I am alwsys looking for new sources. And you and I are always on the same page, especially with a love of checks and stripes.

La Dolfina said...

So good to know, thanks for sharing this great resource with us!
Everything looks wonderful Kathysue

Unknown said...

I adore stripes, always have always will. I need to recover a lampshade like that. Thanks for the inspiration!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love a good stripe. Those drapes are stunning. Going over to check them out.

quintessence said...

Preaching to the choir - I'm a long time fan. Years ago Coconut Company in SoHo used to carry their fabrics. They should find another likeminded venue!

SHERRY HART said...

I also love stripes and checks! Still have not gotten that sample yet(?)..... I can't imagine what is taking so darn long.