home about me our home

Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Sweet Commodity Of, "TIME!"



It is the last week before Christmas, and I am sure you are all feeling like it is crunch time.

This is such a busy time of the year for all of us. 

I must admit I am feeling a little more blessed than usual today. I am holding my family close in my heart, and in my thoughts.

This year more than ever I feel the need to celebrate the love we have in our family, and the precious gift of time.

I know after the events last Friday we are all dealing with this week maybe a little differently than we might have if things were going along as usual.

clock-web
I think we are all being reminded of how precious time is with our loved ones.

Each moment gone is a moment we can not recapture. So now more than ever I feel the need to cherish each, and every moment with my family, and friends.
silverclock04
Take the time to tell them how much they mean to you. Someone very important in my life did that for me today…..

….. I woke up today and opened an email from my DIL telling me how much she appreciates and loves us.

I don’t know about you all, but that meant the world to me. Just a sweet heartfelt note. She stopped and took the time to let us know how much she cared and appreciated us.

156570524514835264_B46J1ccn_c
Remember to take the time with the people you love. The important things always get done this time of year. Don’t let the busyness of the season take the JOY away from you.

Give Yourself A Gift……..

232568768226658673_wHGXbmqE_c
STOP! take a deep breath, say a prayer of thanksgiving, and then smile when you think about the people you love, and give them a call, or drop them a note. 

It only takes a minute and it is the best gift EVER!!!

272467846175405476_kTDp7viD_c

Merry Christmas To YOU All, and thank you so much for supporting my efforts by reading my blog, stopping by and leaving such wonderful comments. It truly means more to mean than you realize.

I don't know about you, but I am  going to continue too...

...“ENJOY THE PROCESS!”
  
 

10 comments:

Mumbai said...

Thank you Kathy Sue for that important reminder which we should not only use at Christmas time .To me personally ,I can't excuse when somebody say "sorry I'm so busy, I don't have time"...we have when we want it really.
I will finalize my comment with a wonderful saying....it's not less time we have but it is a lot that we don't use.

The enchanted home said...

I like this message...to slow down and take time to stop and smell the evergreen:) I have been going at a breakneck pace, as I know we all have...and you are so right time is a precious gift, one we need to be sure we stop and enjoy the luxury of! Good luck in this last week (scary even saying it) before Christmas!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Merry Christmas to You Dear New Friend!
Patty

debra @ 5th and state said...

well said kathysue and so true
xo
debra

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wonderful post, Kathysue! We all need to take time with our loved ones not only now but all the time! Thanks for including me on your sidebar!...hugs...Debbie

A Perfect Gray said...

such a "timely" reminder, kathysue. thanks for reminding us to breathe and enjoy! donna

michele said...

your blog is always a source of help and positive energy with reminders to keep moving forward with intention and love.

peace and smiles to you.

michele

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

You just inspired me to write a short e-mail to my kids and tell them how much I love them. Thanks, and you too, are very precious as a blogging friend. XO, Pinky

Babs said...

Kathysue, Thank you for a beautiful post. Truly, taking time with our loved ones is the best gift we can give to them, and ourselves. Thanks for your friendship. I really appreciate it,and hope you and your family have the best Christmas ever.
Hugs and Merry Christmas,
Babs

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Kathysue.....simple words can mean more than anything in the world....Your right, I love you and appreciate you are words that are worth more than gold....