home about me our home

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Paper & Ribbons= Presents!!

   

The next thing I need to get serious about is wrapping Christmas presents.

STEP ONE

I went out to my garage to look at my Christmas papers and I pulled the papers that I thought would look good with the way the family room mantel is decorated this year!(pictures coming soon!) I like to coordinate!!

These are the papers that I will be using this year……

Wrapping paper 001 (800x522)

As you can see I am using a black, and white color scheme with a touch of red in my wrapping paper.

The awning stripe is what I like to call my… 

“Signature Wrap!”
 
I use the striped paper all year long, and just switch up the bows to go with the occasion.

By using a mixture of sparkly, iridescent, shiny, and matte finishes it keeps it more interesting.

Choosing wrapping paper is just like choosing patterns in a room and adding different textures.

Now that I have them chosen it is time to put them in their basket that I keep by the tree. It now becomes part of the décor……

Wrapping paper 008 (574x800)
I use a vintage French Market basket!

STEP 2
The next step is choosing ribbons to go with the papers….

I like to keep my ribbon in a basket with a handle so I can transport it easily to my wrapping area……..

flood 2012 006 (800x692)flood 2012 008 (800x600)
You can see I am using a mixture of patterns, and solids in red, white, black and maybe just a touch of green with red edges.

Now for the fun part, wrapping. When I wrap a gift I love to think about how the recipient will love what I got them,(or at least I hope that is what happens!)

flood 2012 011 (600x800)
This is the very first gift I wrapped today!! See the green peeking out of the red satin ribbon?

It is a double faced satin ribbon, my favorite kind. This does have a very fine wire, but not one that will make the bow look stiff. I don’t like a stiff bow!!

 PROGRESS

I made a little progress today……

gifts wrapped 003 (784x800)


gifts wrapped 001 (800x738)

I sure hope they love what I got them!! I still have more to wrap, but I put a little dent into it today!

QUESTION
Do you co-ordinate your papers and ribbons like I do?

 ONE MORE THING
I have one more trick up my sleeve for my packages, more on that later. So stay tuned…..

“Enjoy the Process!” Of:
Wrapping up pretty packages for your friends and loved ones!

 

16 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Thanks for helping me get in the holiday mood with your recent posts. I LOVE wrapping presents, but mine don't look as nice as yours. I think your bows make the difference. I usually do a natural theme with raffia in red, green and beige and papers with trees, deer and birds. (But I do like some glitter.)

Sarah said...

Black and white with a touch of red..........that sounds like my Christmas tree. LOL Actually there are more colors but with my Courtly Check theme the black and white are predominate. Love your paper choices......Sarah

Jen said...

Oh, I want a tall basket like that for my wrapping paper too! I love everything you do Kathysue......you get me to dreaming.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Gorgeous looking presents. I do try to coordinate, too. This year I am doing red and white and craft paper. Love that French basket!!!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Kathysue, I love the paper and ribbon you've chosen for wrapping Christmas presents this year. I always coordinate my gift wrap to my Christmas decor. This year, it's silver and white.
Have a happy Monday!
~ Wendi ~ xo

The enchanted home said...

Gorgeous!! I love your basket for the papers and love how the red pops against the black and white...stunning!! You are far ahead of me, have lots of catching up to do!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy Sue,
I love your gift wrapping...so pretty and chic. I just returned from being a finalist in the Scotch Most Gift Wrapper contest in NY where I took home second place. After seeing your post today and wanted to drop you a line and encourage you to enter the contest for 2013. It is a fabulous experience and your wrapping skills would be perfect for the contest.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
Shelly
ConfettiStyle

Unknown said...

Yes I also like to coordinate my wrapping and choose a different theme each year. Never thought of your idea of keeping them in a basket next to the tree as part of the decorations...brilliant! Thanks for the tip

The Buzz Blog said...

Next year, we're hiring you to come decorate our homes and wrap our presents - you do such an amazing job, Kathysue!
xxoo
C + C

Linda Hartong said...

very festive

debra @ 5th and state said...

i can only admire from afar your attention to detail and such loveliness. my wrapping skills, which i have not bothered to improve, rivals that of a 7 year old boy.
beautiful kathysue!
xo
debra

Karen said...

Wow you wrap a pretty package!

michele said...

i love the stripes! you gift like a pro, my friend.

there will be no gifts under the tree this year as we are breaking with tradition, but i am historically a horrible wrapper. since i don't enjoy the process (so to speak!) it's sort of a joke in our family that the gifts will be awesome but the wrap will be mangled and childlike!

smiles to you.

michele

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Your gifts look gorgeous!! Perfectly beautiful!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Ya know...I usually do! This year nothing is coming together. I had the house painted and the colors of my Christmas decor don't go! So wrapping paper...boy, I hope that comes together.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! You nailed out the decoration, from your tree to your gifts. I hope to see a picture of the whole Christmas tree. Thanks for sharing your wonderful craft!

HairbowCenter.com