home about me our home

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Summer Lips



I am convinced that lip gloss or a perfect color of lipstick would solve all the world’s problems!!

 Of course I am joking, but this statement is to relay just how much I adore a good lip gloss, and lipstick!!



Think about it…….. 


  • There are thousands of colors and types

  • They are not that expensive

  • They make you look and feel better

  • You can find them at just about any store you will be shopping at.

  • They give you the opportunity to explore a new side of yourself without a huge investment.



What's not to love about
a lip gloss or lipstick?!!
 



With the summer months coming up I wanted a new, more uplifting color so I just made a new purchase from bare minerals.



CHERRIES ON TOP
100% ALL NATURAL LIPSTICK




Since I am addicted, I mean in love with lip gloss I top it off with a pretty shade called HOT SHOT……….





Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss


Now my lips are all ready for their summer look in a pretty shade of watermelon. You can’t get any more summery than watermelon!!






How about you guys, do you have a favorite summer lip color that you are wearing this season?

"Enjoy The Process!" Of:

Finding a new favorite lip color for the Summer

14 comments:

Beach House Living said...

Great color! My favorites were discontinued.... and yes it is time for summer shades. Thanks for the reminder.

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

You are so funny. I am such a boring person. I need to branch out and try some new colors. Now I have to agree I do love lip gloss over my lipstick. I have never been a "matte" lip color kind of girl. I promise I will go out this weekend and buy some new colors. :)

xxoo

vignette design said...

It's like the day when Ashley and I were at the Nordstrom cosmetic counter and we tried a beautiful Chanel lip gloss over our lipstick. We both turned to each other and said at the same time: "All we needed was lip gloss!" It seemed like all our problems were solved! It was a revelation! Glossy and bright, it illuminated our faces. Hers more than mine though! Yes, the perfect color of lipstick just might solve the world's problems! ~Delores

John said...

Hmm, does clear Blistex count if you're a guy?

Blondie's Journal said...

I love my lip gloss! All 100 of them! lol!

XO,
Jane

michele said...

i love this aveda color i'm wearing. i think it's called lychee. it's natural, smells like a dream, and feels like a treat.

i always enjoy your posts and images, kathysue! keep em comin my way!

smiles.

p.s.
what are we thinking about as far as the paris front this week?

michele

kim @ whitebarnbasics said...

I usually get so confused looking at all the shades of lipstick! Now, for starters I can check out the ones you described! I'm liking the last one! Thanks!

helen tilston said...

I like your choices Kathysue.

I have several lipstrick, all in the burnt sienna colour with a lustre. I'm far from my purse so cannot give the names.

I cannot wear the colours you feature but would like to.

Helen xx

NanaDiana said...

My favorite lipstick was discontinued and I am on the hunt for a new one. It is hard to find the "perfect shade"" with blond hair and green eyes. Too dark or too red and it makes you look like at trollop (don't you just love that old word), too light or too blushy-pink and I look washed out. I have enough left for another 2 months, I think! xo Diana

Jennifer @ Belclaire House said...

That is so funny. I too am such a sucker for lip gloss! It's just so girly and wonderful, which reminds me I really need to buy some for summer. I still love the old lip smackers vanilla frosting, but it starts a snowball effect that usually ends with me in the closet with a real jar of vanilla frosting and a spoon.

Melinda said...

Couldn't live without my Lancome Juicy Tubes lipgloss - I have about ten of them spread around the house, in the car, and various handbags. It's all I wear. The best!

La Dolfina said...

Glad you are back!!!
I missed you...
Happy belated Mothers Day to you!
Watermelon lips sounds divine!!!
XO

Bring Pretty Back said...

Lipstick & lipgloss could certainly change the world! I agree! Hugs!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Victoria said...

I don't wear lipstick. I wear a lip pencil by Laura Mercier. I apply it all over my lips and then use a Mercier "plumper" lipgloss over it. It works well for this old gal.
Best...Victoria