home about me our home

Friday, April 27, 2012

Something That Helps Me Eat Healthier & It's Pretty

 



We all know eating more fruits and vegetables is good for us, but how many of us eat as many as we should in one day? 



Eating healthy  is not as easy for some of us as it is for others. I think we all have to find our own methods that will work to promote better health.





………What I Do……….


Being such a visual person I have found something that has worked well for me.


Fresh Produce 001 (800x464)

I get fresh organic produce delivered to my home. It is all locally grown and fresh. I have found new vegetables that I normally do not eat. It is just a treat and a healthy treat at that to get it delivered.


Fresh Produce 002 (800x545)
Once I get my box I plan that nights dinner around the fresh veggies in the box in order to use them at their freshest.


Fresh Produce 005 (800x599)



Make It Visually Appealing





(sorry I could not resist, I would do this for a party, but not on an every day basis!)


But I do this on an everyday basis…….

Boys pictures and healthy fruit display for blog 004 (1024x768) (800x600)


I like to keep bowls out on my tray on the kitchen counter of fresh fruit and veggies. This helps me  throughout the day, and I will be reminded to grab some fruit, or veggies for my snack.


fresh produce from fruit stand 001 (600x800)
This is what works for me. I know it won’t for everyone, but if you are like me you are always looking for ways to improve your quality of life.





What You Might Find On My Kitchen Counter:




  • Blackberries
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries
  • Grapes
  • Orange slices
  • Small grape tomatoes
  • Assorted Heirloom tomatoes
  • Celery placed in ice water
  • Almonds
  • Walnuts

I try to display them in a pleasing way to make them more appealing, and decorative. Trust me this is an easy thing to do , or I would not be doing it!


 I like to have this out when I have overnight guest. This allows them to feel like they can always grab a snack.


What do You All Do?

Do you have any creative ways to help yourself in eating better that is visually appealing? Please share any tid-bits in the comments. It is always so helpful to get feedback from YOU all!!



“Enjoy The Process!” Of:

Getting creative with food.

 

8 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Great idea, Kathysue! And so pretty, too!...hugs...Debbie

The Buzz Blog said...

So not only do you set a beautiful tea table, but now you entice us with a pretty veggie and fruit spread. I'm feeling virtuous right now as I've just polished off a huge salad! Happy weekend, Kathysue.
xxoo

Linda Hartong said...

What a super idea. I have a friend who treated herself to a beautiful glass jar with a spigot. She keep it full of ice water and places it on her kitchen counter to encourage her to drink more water.

michele said...

lots of artful white serving pieces that just make everything look better. teeny square appetizer plates from crate and barrel hold just right appetizer portion!

smiles.

michele

Victoria said...

These are great ideas to make healthy food more appealing and more accessible. I'll give it a try.
Best...Victoria

Sue said...

We love fresh fruits and vegetables at our house. Of course I also love chocolate and butter, so I have to really watch what I eat! We were gone last week and if you happen over to my blog you will see that I had way too many fattening things. The first thing we did when we got home was go to the store and fill the cart from the produce aisle. I would love to have organics delivered to my house...don't think that happens around here.

Karol said...

I want to come stay at your house! What beautiful displays of fruits and vegetables.

Diana said...

Hi I have just discovered your blog. I love the idea of this fresh fruit platter.

Your home is beautiful.

Diana x