home about me our home

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Great Ideas For Your Weekend

 






 Are you ready for some GREAT ideas? I have a few good one’s up my sleeve.


Shall we start with this one?……..



We all have received the throw away shower caps from Hotels. Next time DON’T throw them away. Use them to house your shoes next time you pack for a trip. The dirty shoe bottoms will not touch your clothing! Very smart!!!



I thought this was cute and clever. Hot glue a pom-pom on the end of a dry erase marker, and you have a built in eraser!!



Dirty, sandy feet can be washed off in this handy-dandy little box with smooth rocks. The sand washes off, and sinks to bottom of rocks.



My husband is going to love this idea! This particular type of picture hanger is his least favorite and frankly has been a bit of a bone of contention at time. Now there is a way to do it with out too much hassle!!

Place tape on the back of the frame marking where the holes are, then take the tape off, place tape on wall, level, where you want to hang the picture and put the nails where the marks are. This is one of those, “Why didn’t I think of this ideas?”


What about Food Ideas?



Perfectly round eggs to go on a muffin or biscuit with the use of a canning jar ring!!



If you have a buffet or console table how about painting the top with chalk board paint? When you entertain you can use it as a menu board!



I absolutely love this idea. I think the use of the doors is unique as a backdrop for the nightstands.

This would also be a great idea for a renter to hang some wonderful sconces without having to wire them into the wall. The door hides the cords, LOVE it!!

If you rent a house your shower might not be as pretty as the one below, but the idea can be applied in any shower!


If you need a seat in your shower, but your shower is too small for a built-in bench how about a garden stool? I love this whole design by  Grant Gibson.


SPEAKING OF SHOWERS!!!!

Would you like to learn how to clean your face with natural products? This blog talks about it and is very informative. 

Be sure and read the comments, there is a wealth of information in the comments. Just click on the source under the above image.

I will leave you with this last idea that I have actually tried since we are talking about natural products…..


I have this almond oil and I use it as my night time moisturizer. I can not believe the difference it has made in my skin. I have very dry skin and it has given me back a more subtle looking skin. I highly recommend this product. A real bargain at $10.47!


Wishing you all a wonderful Weekend,

“Enjoying the Process,” Of:

Doing as little or as much as I want!!

 

14 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Love when you do these!! So much creativity, ingenuity and praticality all in one post!! Excellent ideas..thanks!

NanaDiana said...

GREAT ideas, Kathysue! I will say that I already use that tape one to hang pictures. I take it one step further and put it OVER the holes and then use a pencil to punch through the actual holes themselves. Perfect every time.

I use an almond oil based product, too. I love the way it leaves my very dry skin.

Love ALL the ideas here-xo Diana

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

All super great idea. I hope you and Doug have a fantastic weekend. I am sure he is enjoying his retirement. Hugs, Marty

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dear Kathysue,

I LOVE GREAT IDEAS and that one with the rocks to clean sandy feet is going on my TO DO LIST!

Thank you for your kind comment. I have simple words, but grand thoughts. One day, I want to write poetry that will make sense and now is the time to practice. It is so great to have a supportive audience!!! Anita

michele said...

i love this series, kathysue. omg i can't believe the simplicity and genius in so many of these tips!

michele

debra @ 5th and state said...

these posts are so fun.
my husband and i are sitting here looking at the frame and going "i don't get it?" and this coming from a man that built and entire barn for me by hand!
xoxo
debra

Just Spiff It said...

All great ideas!! Love the one with the doors in the bedroom - it is a great idea for renters!! You are so smart!!

Linda in AZ * said...

*** TOTALLY agree with all the above, & Tina (The Enchanted Home) said it best... for me anyway!!!

There were suuuuuuuch goooooood info here& and we can ALL use those great ideas, "MS. HELOISE for the day"!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

XO,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Victoria said...

Some great ideas, Kathysue. I also was kind of "Huh" about the blue tape, but when I read Diana's comment I think I figured it out: Mark the tape for the distance between the holes, peel off the tape and stick it on the wall, use the markings to determine where to put the hangers. Is that it?
The sconces on the shutters/panels is not only brilliant, but beautiful. If I had dry skin, I'd try the almond oil, because nothing smells better than almond.
Enjoy your weekend.
XO victoria

Penny said...

Great blog post. Awesome ideas! Really enjoying your blog and your boards on Pinterest.

Aisha said...

I'm obsessed with the nightstand door decor! Love it.

Aisha

www.themiddleofhere.com

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

I always look forward to your great idea finds. I have been using the painters tape idea to hang prints and such since the days when I worked at The Bombay Co and had to hang a bazillion prints and mirrors all the time. It works like a charm. :)

xxoo

helen tilston said...

Hello Kathysue

I love these ideas and the almond oil is one I shall try

My best for a great week

Helenxx

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Fantastic ideas - I love the pompom on the dry erase marker and the rings to make round eggs. So clever. Now I just have to remember them for when I need them.