home about me our home

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Great Ideas To Ponder On A Saturday

   
Saturdays are a perfect day to get some great ideas to try over the weekend.

I am going to do this post a little bit differently than I have done  some of my other post. I am going to try and break them down into categories…..

Health And Beauty:

Skin Care

I love make-up and I really try to look the best to my ability(Notice I am prefacing this with the ability card?!) I am also a self confessed product junky!

Once in awhile I find a product that I am sold on and I have to share it with my readers…..


I am beyond thrilled to have found out about this product. I have very dry skin, and I have been using La Mer for years. I will not say La Mer doesn’t work, because it is the best moisturizer I have ever found for my skin.

Howeve,r it is beyond expensive, and I have tried for several years to find a substitute. I finally have.

 The Eucerin product is sold in France, not the US yet. I found an online source that imports it so we can now purchase it.


I have used this for about 3 weeks and my skin feels moist all day, and it looks dewy, and at my age that is a real plus!!

I highly recommend this product. Just click HERE! to go to their website, you won't be sorry!

Make-Up

I recently updated my lipstick and blush for Spring. My coloring has changed, and I needed to get something different than I normally wear. 

It is important to take a good look at ourselves, and evaluate if we need an update. I try to do this in the Spring and Fall.

I just found what I think is the perfect blush. Not just the color, but this stuff stays on all day into the night.

 I have never had a blush that stays on ALL day. For some reason my skin seems to drink up color. This stuff is amazing…….

Bare minerals READY BLUSH, it is a fairly new product, not a loose powder, but a compact that you can carry with you in your purse. This blush really has staying power. The color I purchased is Faux Pas. Love it!

Health




This is an app for all of you who have a smart phone.

 This app allows you to take a picture of your food, and then the Eatery tracks, and analyzes your overall eating patterns to give you a big-picture breakdown of your strengths, weaknesses, and the best places to make a change.

It becomes a tracker of our good, and bad habits and will make us more aware of where we need to make some changes.


Family

I don’t have any little one’s at home anymore, but when I saw this idea I thought it was worth sharing…….


This little clock turns yellow when it is time for your little one to get up and turns blue at bedtime. This helps in two ways, your child knows his routine and the clock is telling him/her to go to bed, not the parent. 

It will also help by keeping the child in bed until it turns yellow. Eventually your little one will also learn to tell time.

I just think this is a great little tool worth trying.


For you clever DIYers……….


Recycled DVD cases made into a travel art center!


Around the House



Old luggage sprayed all white to use as a night stand in a guest room. How clever!!



(Just a little FYI this particular pin is being pinned like crazy over on Pinterest!)

A rock glued to the top of an old pill bottle, and put in the ground somewhere in your yard that only YOU know about, and you have a key for the one time you lock yourself out of the house. 

Notice I said ONE time,because I am just sure none of you will ever lock yourself out twice.


 Spring Cleaning.........
Spring is here and it is time for Spring cleaning. Using baking soda and some lavender essential oil you can use your kitchen sifter to sift over the mattress.

Let it sit for about an hour and then vaccuum Voila, a clean mattress and one that smells fresh too!!


So there you have it dear readers! I hope your weekend is fun, productive or relaxing!

“Enjoy the Process!” Of:

Trying something new on the weekend!
 

15 comments:

La Dolfina said...

Love all these Kathysue, I really look forward to these Saturday posts!!!
Enjoy the gorgeous weekend ahead!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Kathysue, great informative post. I love the idea to help the mattresses smell pretty.

The enchanted home said...

More fantastic information! Especially the link to buy Eucerin...am excited as I have heard SO much about this cream. I also have really dry skin and have been dying to try it..so thanks for the link, I am going to buy it today!!
Enjoy your weekend...

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

What great tips, Kathysue. Love the mattress suggestion! Thanks so much for sharing!

Victoria said...

Some great ideas, Kathysue, especially the baking soda and lavender oil. Thanks and have a great weekend.
Best...Victoria

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Some GREAT ideas here, Ks!!! Can't WAIT to try the "new" Eucerin!!! And the mattress idea is sheer GENIUS!!!

Thanks, girlfriend... annnd, E*N*J*O*Y your weekend!!!

XO,
Linda
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I am going to start calling you Heloise!
Love the Eucerine, and I use several brands of makeup and bare minerals is one. I didn't know they now have a compact.
The key idea, is perfect.
Thank you for this tips, Kathysue.
Teresa
xoxo

Just Spiff It said...

You are now my "go to" person. Bless you for sharing all these wonderful hints. I think I need to take advantage of every single one of them!!

sydney85 said...

I have just found Eucerin products. Have you tried the Q10 range or the Aquaporin Active Moisturizing Cream? The Q10 range is available in the US so it is easy to get. I have read great reviews for the Aquaporin cream and now your Hyaluron-filler. I wish I could try all three to make a comparison.

SHERRY HART said...

I love...love...your Saterday post ...they are always chock full of ideas! Keep me coming!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Thanks for the tips...so many great ideas. Have a great weekend. Mona

NanaDiana said...

Great ideas, Kathysue. I am definitely going to try that moisturizer. I, too, have very dry skin and have tried a gajillion products to find the perfect one. AND...I have the Bare Minerals blush and LOVE it.

Hope you had a great Saturday- xo Diana

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I love La Mer but I wouldn't mind trying something to alternate with it...this product sounds very good. Thanks for the tip!

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

So happy you shared the clock with your readers, since it is indispensable at our house! I love the food tracking app and the pill bottle key holder, it reminds me I need a key outside, since I did *once* lock myself out (with a newborn no less) and it was awful.

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

debra @ 5th and state said...

WOW!!!!
one bit after another and all sooooo GOOD!
i will be on each and every tip, thanks kathysue
xo
debra