home about me our home

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cool Mint






I did a post a few days ago about adding pastels to my wardrobe. I am usually more of a medium value gal when it comes to colors, but I like to try something new once in awhile.




After doing that post, and researching what pastels would work in my wardrobe, mint green stood out as a good addition to my existing wardrobe.



I use to wear this color in the late 80’s and it was a favorite back in the day.


(my jacket was almost identical to this one, I should have kept it!)





I went looking for a mint sweater, and I found one at JCrew.



I already have a few things to wear with this new addition to my wardrobe.












While perusing JCrew I found a few things that were pretty cute, and reasonable that were on clearance……








Bracelets are all the rage, and the more the better. I thought this was so pretty for $24.95.






This would go perfect with so many things in my wardrobe, and at $14.50 it is a real steal. They had a necklace in the same style also, but I would not wear both at the same time, one or the other, never both.





At $26.50 these would be darling for the summer. I can see these with a long maxi dress for a barbecue.

 An all white outfit:  white jeans, and white shirt, these earrings and multiple gold chains for a necklace, cute sandals, and you are good to go!!


I just thought I would share a few things I saw that are on sale right now that seem like a pretty good deal to me.

This seems to be a good time of year to take advantage of some of the sales that are going on right now.

I passed on the jewelry, but the sweater is on its way to ME!!!

I will be wearing it like this: 




BTW: did you notice I threw in some images of rooms done in mint? I don’t want to disappoint my readers that come here to see pretty rooms! Do any of you wear mint, or have it in your homes?

"Enjoy the Process!" Of:

Adding a new fun color for the season!




13 comments:

helen tilston said...

Hi Kathysue

I like your sweater and it will look great with your complection.

I don't wear mint. But I do wear light teal and wore it last week of which I posted about.

Have a wonderful week

Helen xx

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Good color choice Kathysue. I once had a sectional sofa this color!

hugs
Sissie

Cheryl said...

Like Helen, I don't wear mint green. In fact, it has never been one of my favorite colors, so it is off putting this season to see it everywhere!!!! I do enjoy it on others, and love what can be done with such a soft color.

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Kathysue, I just purchased some mint linen pants the other day and immediately thought of this post. I didn't think the color would look right on me, but I was wrong! They are just fabulous!!

NanaDiana said...

I used to wear quite a bit of the mint green..but, like you, as trends changed I moved away from it. I still have one mint green dress/jacket combo that I will drag out for summer...and will shorten it now.

I don't really have any mint in my house here. However, when we lived in Florida in the early 80's I had mint and peach...no one else was quite on that bandwagon yet so everyone would ooh...and ahhh...over my design choices...and I had ruffles on my patio with a Diane VonFurstenburg peach and mint green seat covers and table cloths.

Fun to see it coming back for a bit. xo Diana

michele said...

omg the shutters and the J. Crew bracelet. feelin the mint this mornin!

have a wonderful new week, lovely.

michele

Stacy CUrran said...

I remember wearing this color in the 80's too, and think I might have had the same jacket! I can totally see this color on you...the sweater will be beautiful!
Stacy

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love that color!!....So serene...and that kitchen is wonderful...swooning over every picture!

Unknown said...

Hi Kathysue!

This hue is so refreshing!!! I don't have it in my home but I might have to run get myself a sweater for Spring!!

xoxo Elizabeth

The enchanted home said...

Love mint, have never really had it in the home but definitely have had it in my wardrobe. Such a pretty and uplifting color...love that sweater with the gingham top..so chic!

Anonymous said...

I can see you in mint! I am loving the bracelet from J. Crew!! I also love the mint green piece in the bedroom. xoxo

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

The colors are so pretty...great with the accessories you chose. Love that you slipped in a few rooms, too! lol Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Mary Ann Pickett said...

So darling! I want to see YOU in the outfit. You have such lovely posts here...always a great break in my day.