home about me our home

Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Thankyou, A Surprise, and A New Bed!

 


THANKYOU

First I have to thank all of you for the wonderful comments you left me yesterday helping me celebrate my 42nd wedding anniversary. You all were so kind, and thoughtful in the comments that you left, thank you so very much!!!

A SURPRISE

  My sweet husband came home from work today, after working twelve hours, he stopped, and bought us a two person chocolate cake for dessert. I cooked him his favorite dinner, fried chicken!!

He had a little surprise for me.....

He had copied two of our wedding pictures, and had them folded together. When I opened them up out fell two pictures…….

TPI_Breakfast_on_Deck_sm

Can you believe the view? This will be what we see from our balcony.


dTPI_Room_w_Tub_2
We will be able to see the view from our bed or the jacuzzi tub. 

He is taking me back to Carmel to celebrate our 42 years together.  Carmel is where we spent our honeymoon. What a guy, he is always surprising me with special trips like this!

I am going to ………..

55521655_D1dryrzn_c
In Carmel by the Sea in California!


A NEW BED!


On another note we ordered our bed last Monday. It will be here in about 2 months. Ethan Allen finally has a picture of our bed. It is called the Alessandra bed. They picture it in a Queen size, but ours will be a Cal-King.


230950287111145806_wipat4Rb_f
They have theirs upholstered in a natural linen and ours will be in a cream colored linen. The wood has a distressing and a cream glazing that you can not see in this picture.


230950287111145823_9G8rvesk_f
I love the double welting around the edge of the wood.

To say I am excited, both about our little getaway, and the new bed is an understatement.

I will be going shopping today for some sheets and blankets.

Tuesday morning is having a sale on Peacock Alley blankets. I already have one of their cotton knit blankets and I love the quality, and the weight of the blanket.

Wish me luck!! I will let you know how I do!!

I am really …..

“Enjoying the Process!!”
 

20 comments:

The enchanted home said...

What a sweetheart! And a keeper...enjoy your special celebration. Love your bed, its very similiar to mine and I love it so much there is nothing else I would rather have. Its so elegant....enjoy it! Good luck with the bedding shopping!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kathysue, I am so thrilled for you to be able to getaway and enjoy yourself for the weekend. You two deserve the relaxing time. What a treat and Doug is so thoughtful. Love the new bed, how gorgeous is that. I can't wait to see it in your room. I know it will be stunning. Hugs, Marty

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

He's a keeper, Kathysue! :-) Love that new bed! Good luck with your shopping!...hugs...Debbie

Anonymous said...

Sounds incredibly wonderful Kathysue!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

First of all, Happy Anniversary! I about cried reading your last post. Sounds like my hubby but we've not been married nearly as many years. What a gorgeous bridal couple you two were!
Wow! What a gift! This is just awesome. Life is really good for you right now. Enjoy every moment!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

What a wonderful trip that will be!!! I love Carmel!

And the bed? Adore.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Kathysue, What a sweet man you have. Hopefully you will be celebrating your birthday all month. I have not been to Carmel in ages. Have a wonderful time. Miss your sweet comments.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Kathysue-
I am happy that you get to take time to relax in Carmel! Such a sweet gesture on your husbands part@
I love Ethan Allan, and I love this bed.
Have a happy Thursday.
Teresa
xoxo

vignette design said...

What a keeper, that Doug! There is nothing more romantic than spending time in Carmel-by-the-Sea!
Enjoy every minute my dear! And love, love, love your new bed. I may have to go to Tuesday Morning now. Love Peacock Alley linens. Thanks for the tip! ~Delores

michele said...

yippeee!

i'm celebrating with you.

love that bed!

michele

NanaDiana said...

WHAT a guy!!! I am just tickled for you...you will have so much fun! How wonderful to go back to the same area you took your honeymoon!

I love your new bed. I love it and love a lot of Ethan Allen's furniture. xo Diana

Victoria said...

Your husband definitely is a keeper. Carmel is so beautiful. Have a wonderful time there. I think your bed is beautiful. Good luck finding the blanket.
All the best...Victoria

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Have a most wonderful relaxing and utterly romantic time...what a guy!!

I received my new E.A. flyer this week...I just love their Romantic line...your bed is fabulous...

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Your new bed is going to be gorgeous! I am asking myself how I have missed visiting here everyday? I have just gone back through several posts and enjoyed them all so much. I like your methods os thinking through the design issues. I am anxious to see what you decide about the pillow dilemma as we are just about to change our queen bed for a king. Linda

Anonymous said...

What a special trip your husband has planned! I might just have to consider a bed like yours for my own bedroom. I love it!

Karen T.

Completely Coastal said...

Happy, happy anniversary!!! Oh, you will have such a fab time in Carmel. It's so gorgeous there!!! 42 years, wow!

Rick said...

I grew up in Pacific Grove and Carmel and the charm never goes away! Have a wonderful time!

Lee said...

special times ahead! congratulations -- life is good.

Karen said...

You lucky girl-not just that you're going a wonderful trip and getting a new bed, but that you're still in love with the man you married 42 years ago.

SHERRY HART said...

Your husband sounds like the sweetest man....you guys are so lucky to have found each other. Congratulations on 42 years AND on your new bed!!!