home about me our home

Saturday, March 10, 2012

OCEAN DREAMS

 



It is no surprise to my readers that this girl loves the ocean!! Living in California I am very fortunate to live close enough to go on day trips, or weekend trips to beautiful places like Carmel California.

But, living in California is another reason I will not be buying a beach house. I spent my millions on other things like food, shelter and clothing.


Seriously, I do love the ocean and all it has to offer. As soon as I see the Monterey bay I take a deep sigh, and my breathing slows down, and I immediately relax.


55521655_D1dryrzn_c
Even though I know I will never live in a beach house in Carmel/Monterey  I still love to dream about owning one. I actually have a pinboard on Pinterest called Beach Elegance.

I love a bit of casual elegance in my designs so when I see a room that would fit  a beach home that has a touch of elegance, yet is comfortable and inviting, I do what any good pinner would do, I PIN it!!

Shall we go to my pretend beach house in Carmel/Monterey by the sea with it’s view of the Pacific ocean?

Welcome to my home, it is named….. 
“Dream Come True.” 


I have lots of hats on my hat rack just in case you forgot yours.


I think we could all enjoy relaxing in this family room.The only thing I would probably not have pictured is the coral throws and lobster pillows, that is just one step to far for me personally.


What a great way to slip a chair, a billowy soft sheer fabric.



The living room is still relaxed and comfy. This is one of my all time favorite rooms. The only thing I would change is to have a whole wall of windows to see the view better. I probably would not have any window treatments either, I love an open window!!

I will fix you wonderful meals in my nice open kitchen. I can see the ocean right outside the kitchen window over the sink. I will actually enjoy doing the dishes with a view like this.











Can you imagine having breakfast here every morning, and looking out the French doors at the ocean




Shall we go down the hallway to the bedrooms?……..


Here is the guest room where you will be staying……


You have a nice deck outside the french doors to enjoy the ocean view.



Of course you have your own private bathroom that also enjoys  your deck.

Another guest room is available if you  like it better you can stay in here, it is your choice…….






I have a bunkhouse for the children, they just love bunkbeds.


The master bedroom is down its very own separate hallway on the first floor, all other rooms are upstairs so they have their own private quarters……


We have a fireplace in our room, and at the end of the room is a seating area  with two chaise lounges in front of the French doors overlooking the ocean.


We can sit out here and visit……

If you need to take a nap here is a comfy spot …….

I think it is time to go for a walk on the beach…….


Source: heidiclaire.blogspot.com via Kathy Sue on Pinterest

Right by the back door in the kitchen I have your beach bags all ready for a day on the beach, sun hats included!!



Oh look there is a shell!…….


It is starting to get dark, we should probably head back to the house.


Surprise! A little something for you to enjoy!!!!!







It will be warm tonight so be sure and leave your window open so you can hear the ocean waves. There is nothing that will give you a good nights sleep like the ocean waves…..



Sweet Dreams!

BTW: Do you like a casual beach look, elegant beach look, or a Kitschy/cutesy beach look for your beach house? Inquiring minds would like to know!!

 

17 comments:

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I am at the beach for a lot of the winter and rarely walk across the street to go to the beach, but it is absolutely stunning. I need to walk at sunrise until it gets too hot.
Can't take the city out of this girl, and 30-A is as far from the city as you want to be.
Love the images you chose here. I'm not much for the be achy decor either.
Happy Saturday.
Teresa
xoxo

debra @ 5th and state said...

start playing the lottery kathysue, i adore your beach home!
but ohhhh, to go to carmel/monterrey for the day!!!
xo
debra

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Wrap it up! I'll take every single image. the beach bags by the door, the wide plank floors with the puddled drapes. All of it! Hope you are having a lovely weekend, Kathysue.

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

I'd be delighted to stay in either one of your lovely guest rooms! You've created the perfect "dream" beach house, Kathysue!

Victoria said...

Your beach house is lovely, Kathysue. Who wouldn't want to sit and stare at the ocean view in the third image...absolutely stunning. I prefer elegant beach decor, nothing theme-like. I'd skip the lobster pillows too.
Best...Victoria

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Perfecton! The color, style and the beach... sigh!
Yvonne

La Dolfina said...

I adore your beach house Kathysue!
It is perfection!

Completely Coastal said...

So many wonderful pics!! I think I like casual..., maybe a tiny bit of elegance, but definitely relaxed. One thing I know for sure, my future beach cottage will have dark rustic wood floors! Montery/Carmel is such a wonderful area!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Beautiful Kathysue, I would like a little of getting back to me...That sounds and looks wonderful.

Eddie Ross said...

What a gorgeous dream house! That is quite a view from the living room! Here's to that dream coming true!
xo E + J

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I want to come visit you in your dream beach house. Gorgeous! I have to tell you the funny thing is that when I visited CA after living in FL for many years I always felt like I was going North when I was going South and vice-versa..and that was REALLY weird for me because I have a wonderful built-in compass and ALWAYS know what direction I am going in.
However, because in FL when the ocean is on my right side I am headed North. In CA when the ocean is on my right side I am headed South. lol...confusing to a blond!

I fall somewhere between casual and elegant beach decorating. And I don't care for the kitchy much at all. The best use for the lobster pillows? A giveaway!

Happy Sunday to you tomorrow! xo Diana

The enchanted home said...

LOVE IT! This is how I would want my beach house to look exactly. I love the vibe.....has me dreaming now! Thanks for the mini getaway....definitely bookmarking this to come back and drool some more:)

La Vie Quotidienne said...

My Sister lives in Carmel so I go there several times a year...you are right it is a wonderful area; so beautiful.

Kimberly said...

Loving your blog. Thanks for stopping by. :) I'm a new follower.

tanyaj said...

i have a pinboard "beach house ideas" for a beach house i don't have. here's to making our dreams come true. i would want my house to be filled with lots of white, khaki and pale beach glass green. no beachy theme ,,, same way i wouldn't do lodge theme in the mountains.

love your blog

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

OMG, I don't know quite what to say! Love it, wish I lived in one of these places, soothing, relaxing, a little (lot)jealous!, maybe all of the above! Super post! I a new follower!

SHERRY HART said...

That looks about as perfect as a beach house can get!!!! I love dreaming like that :). I love my guest room by the way!!