home about me our home

Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 Wardrobe Colors



In my post about my own personal color pick for 2012 I chose the color, emerald/Kelly green to add to my home.

I mentioned in that post that I had a few colors that I have been looking for that I would like to incorporate into my wardrobe for 2012.

Before I show you these four colors I have to profess my love for Preppy classics. I did this in a post last year called:

Stripes and checks are not new too me, but patterns I have had a love affair with for years.

So keep that in mind when you see the repeat of these patterns in my fashion choices.

I actually got an email from Nordstrom's today that had a whole section on what they called, "Prep Perfection!!"

I decided I am going to call it, “Classic Prep,” so I will use this term from now on, it sounds more grown up than Preppy, don’t you think?

The four colors are:
Cobalt blue

Kelly/Emerald Green

Bright Marigold

MAGENTA/BRIGHT VIOLET:








In the above images you can see   the colors I love.

The reason I did not mention red as a new color, is I already have it in my wardrobe.

The Kelly green, marigold,  and magenta will be new additions to my wardrobe.

I think the pops of color will be great with the black and white base I already have going on in my existing wardrobe.

I have to take a moment to mention that I will NOT be looking for skinny jeans.

My belief is, if you turn side-ways, and your leg looks like a chicken drumstick, skinny jeans are not for YOU!!

There is also something to be said for age, and figure appropriateness!

Today I am going to talk about Cobalt blue, and show some of the wardrobe pieces, and outfits that have caught my eye.
I will do more post on the others colors in the very near future.

I hope you enjoy some pictures of what is swirling around in my brain…….
Cobalt blue is the color I chose to add more of  in my home in 2011.

I am still working on that, and have made some progress.
I am now on the look for my wardrobe.

For Winter:
COAT












Love this look, but unfortunately this lady can no longer wear that high of a heel, maybe a cute wedge boot instead?!


SWEATER






I already have the scarf so I could put this outfit together easily!


You can not go wrong with a black and white striped blouse with the cobalt. I already have the blouse so all I need is the sweater. However you will not be seeing me in shorts, but long pants will suit me just fine!



Love the black with the cobalt and this sweater would be a wonderful winter staple in my wardrobe. I think I really would enjoy wearing this.




Notice the black stripe down each sleeve, it adds just the right touch to make it seem more special than a plain top.



This falls on the navy side of cobalt, but the overall look is what I am after. Cute polka-dot blouse under a striped sweater, Love!!!



I love the pop of magenta/bright violet in the belt. I would not do a magenta or bright violet skirt as pictured, I will let my younger readers go for that look.


SUEDE SHOES




I have to leave you with at least a couple of images of interiors, after all this is a design blog. How about a little black and blue ………..

























I had so much fun doing some virtual shopping. I think I found a few things I might actually purchase. I will let you know what I finally get to add too my 2012 winter wardrobe!

Thank you for shopping along with me! I hope you……..

“Enjoyed the Process!”

Kathysue

21 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Love this post and you had me laughing at the vision of turning sidesways in skinny jeans and looking like a chicken drumstick....SO TRUE!!!! OMG never thought it that way but you are so right and sadly my legs looked like chicken drumsticks, so there was no way at that time that skinny jeans were finding a place in my closet:)
Great post...love all the color that you are going to start wearing more of, a fun twist on old classics, exactly how I love to dress. But you are talking 2012 winter wardrobe, I think I am still working on my 2011-12 winter wardrobe.....lol! But then again we are talking you...the one who knows her Christmas colors/themes for next year!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I like your choices Kathysue, in clothing and rooms.

If you were to look in my closet you would see lots of black, grey, white, in the basic pieces. I tend to add accessories in color. Coral, aqua, lime etc for summer, with white or black capris and pants, white and natural shirts with solid colorful tees, sometimes a bright shirt with a white tee. Winter I lean toward accessories in the same colors as summer. The only thing that changes is the length of pants. When I was still having color and highlights done with my hair, I wore a lot of ecru, browns, golds, with a little aqua thrown in, etc.

When I went "natural" with my hair, in came the black and grey base with punches of color. I keep my wardrobe pretty simple. I have two of the black long dresses in Travelers from Chico's, these are great. I've had these dresses for several years and they still work. I just change out the jackets for different occasions. I bought Chico's the other day...you guessed it..two pairs of black pants and 2 pairs of grey.:-) I tend to keep the same basics and update with tops and accessories.
I am short and chunky. I do not wear jeans, wish I could, but it just isn't in the cards.

Anonymous said...

HI Kathy Sue- Happy New Year!! Looks like you will look smashing in 2012. I have almost all those colored jeans. They are just so cheery!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

I love your choice of cobalt blue and magenta, Kathysue. You'll look lovely in both of these colors!

laxsupermom said...

Love that first coat, and those grey boots are exactly what I've been looking for! You always find the best images! Thanks for sharing.

pam {simple details} said...

Beautiful choices, Kathysue! I love your talent for tweaking an inspiration photo to fit your style! The stripes & dots together are a fun look for spring!

Off to take the chicken drumstick test!

michele said...

you've provided so much food for thought, and yet i am simply obsessed with the one outfit with the cobalt sweater and striped scarf. omg it's perfect because it's soooooo not matchy or trying to hard. pretty pretty!

michele

Libby said...

I am really.... loving the blues and black together! Time was, not so long ago, when one just WOULD NOT wear those two together...Just today I was looking at the pants in my closet and seeing mostly black: formal, informal, cotton, stretch etc. But then, I've started "collecting" navy tops and sweaters. Hmmm. Together? Well, yes! So I have both colors going today and it looks great.
Anyway, all this to say that I love the blue and black combinations!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I sooo love this post!...I too must confess i am somewhat of a prepster too!..Decided a while back to add more blue. Had gotten away from that in the past and now so loving it more and more....

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Pretty color choices, Kakthysue! Love the looks you have put together! Catching up...wonderful top posts from last year! Your clever tricks for hiding storage were inspired! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!...hugs...Debbie

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Love your colors,Kathy, It will be fun for you to incorporate these into the new year. And Happy New Year, my friend! Here's to a fun 2012.

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

This is seriously funny!!! I swear Kathysue, you and I are one in the same! Love these colors especially the cobalt! I told you, that is my favorite color at the moment. I'm wearing it tomorrow night (turtle neck) with some black jeggings, and a red jacket ( and gold hoop earrings)! Now I'm on the hunt for some Kelly green:)

Hope you're having a fabulous night, my friend!

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Wow, FASHION (gr88888 fashion!), & SUPER home design pics, and it's RAINING SMILES here in the AZ desert!!!

There's toooo much to individually comment about, because I ADORED so much of EACH topic, that I'd have to be 20 years old again to have THAT kind of MEMORY!!!

Suffice it to say tho, that the colors you've chosen are UBER YUMMY n' HAPPY n' "SMART", that brunette model looks SOOOO good in those colors (she's OBVIOUSLY a "WINTER"! Smiles!) AND I have been waiting for del'y, ANY DAY NOW, of the BLUE & WHITE, HUGE CHEVRON "ginger jar" (?) shown (the last of the three). So of COURSE it is fun to know that YOU like them too!!!

May I say, dear Kathysue, that I think this was one of your BEST POSTINGS EVER?!?!?! REALLY, I enjoyed it soooo much, & will read & look at the pics again and again, I'm sure!!!

2012 Hugs,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

What a fun post! Love the blue coats and the bedroom with the sailboats over the bed. I probably have a dozen striped tshirts too!

Lee said...

Cobalt blue is a classic color and you sure picked some gorgeous pieces! You can punch it up so easily or let it take center stage. I will visit your pinterest page for these outfits!

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Lovely post! You have great taste. Your thoughts about skinny jeans are hilarious!! Blue is one of my favorite colors. It just wakes me up! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

I'll shop with you anytime...
What fabulous pics...I love your color choices. So fresh and pretty. Another note, your email was in my spam for some reason so I have messaged you back on facebook. Hope that you are having a great weekend. Mona

Toy Carli said...

Great pics for the new year. This is my test to see if I signed in correctly to make comments. My first "blog" ever!! Toy

Kathysue said...

Toy!! Yay!! It worked, thank you for the honor of my blog being your very first comment, Kathysue

Victoria said...

I am amazed at how organized you are, Kathysue. I still have to finish cleaning up from Christmas. There are some adorable outfits in here, even age appropriate for this old gal. I love the polka dot shirt with a striped sweater. Then again, I love any color as long as it is blue. Although I do lean toward aqua, cobalt is fabulous.
All the best...Victoria

SHERRY HART said...

Navy, cobalt. I'm loving now! Must log on to JC Penny to find that great stripe turtleneck! Thanks for doing all the work for me:)