home about me our home

Sunday, December 18, 2011

JUST IN CASE YOU DID NOT KNOW THIS.......

 ..........
Just in case you did not know this I thought I should warn you!!!

For those of you who have grandchildren that have been visited by the, “Elf on the Shelf,” apparently the elf goes with the child when they are staying with someone that is a relative, and where the child feels right at home!

Every year I do a couple of days that I like to call Grammy’s Christmas children. I get my three grandchildren and we do Christmasy things for two days. This is also a bit of a gift to the Mom’s and Dad’s to finish up their Christmas chores without little eyes watching.

This year is the first year that they won’t all be together. My boys moved a bit farther away and won't be in town for Christmas, but I am happy to say they will be here the day after Christmas for a whole week!! Yay!!! I can hardly wait.

So, this year I did Grammy’s Christmas girl-child. Well my granddaughter has been visited by the, “Elf on the Shelf,” and you will not believe what I woke up too this morning……

Remember this table?!……..


Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 028 (800x600)



Christmas dining room 2011 angel wings 027 (800x600)



After a visit from Abigail (that is what my granddaughter has named her), this is what it looks like now…….



Sarahs recital and visit Dec 2011 033 (600x800)


Apparently she thought it was real snow on my table and she had a fun time playing while we were all fast asleep…….

Sarahs recital and visit Dec 2011 034 (800x600)
I must admit, she did make a pretty good snow angel!
I just wanted to give you all a heads up, just in case a visiting child has their very own personal, “Elf on the Shelf!!!”

Back to making snowflakes, we have more creative demands on our attention today!!!

Kathysue is Enjoying the process of spending time with her Christmas Girl-child!!!!

BTW: I can tell by the comments that you all think the mess was made by my Christmas girl it was actually made by shhhh!! don't tell anyone....... Grammy!!!
My graddaughter actually apologized for her elf, it was so sweet.
No worries, I have to add leaves to the table for Christmas eve so I will just do it a little earlier. This was great fun. One of the rules is you can not touch the elf during the day or she will lose her magic.Can't wait to see where she goes tomorrow!!
Grammy aka:Elf on the shelf!

19 comments:

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Oh Kathysue!! I must confess I burst out laughing!! The elf is priceless, laying in the snow!! This totally made my day (though I am so sorry it compromised your lovely table!) What a picture. Every grandparent says this kind of stuff doesn't make them upset -- how true is that? :) What a joy this time with your grandchildren must be (and I bet your granddaughter is happy to have you to herself!) Merry Christmas, Kathysue.

SHERRY HART said...

LOL......Kathysue that is so cute!!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

lol lol Those elves are really something, aren't they, Kathysue! Thanks for the warning! I am expecting a visit from my grandson and was not aware that the elf would come, too! I must batten down the hatches for some mischief!...hugs...Debbie
PS...She makes a mean snow angel!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathysue,
This is just precious and one day when she gets older you can show her.

hugs
Sissie

The enchanted home said...

Looks like you have a 'curious elf" on your hands, hope she doesn't start investigating the gifts under the tree too:) I hope none of your crystal got broken! It is such a beautiful setting that you created but I love that you were able to laugh and make the most of it, and see the beauty and humor even in a setting that got a little "roused up". Very sweet:)
PS You look way too young to be a grandmother!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Love how you love life and those around you..

Beatrice@craftybeeblog.com said...

Wow. It makes for great memories though. Sorry about your table setting. It was gorgeous, but hopefully easy to redo.

Blondie's Journal said...

This is so funny...I guess our little imaginary world is theirs, too!!

XO,
Jane

Foley said...

At least your grandchild has a very active imagination!! :) Wish you would have had a camera going while this was happening!!

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Never having been blessed with children, I'm so missing being a GRAMA, Kathysue!!! (A YOUNG ONE, of course!)... I find sweet, youthful joy, love and humor in the pic, AND admiration for the way you "took it for what it was", and DIDN'T make a "major catastrophe" over it... (Besides, you can share it with her FIANCE' someday, for a good chuckle... or "blackmail"! Grins!)...

You know our pup is now 12 months old???~~~ Wellll, she did the "TOILET PAPER THING", and SOMEHOW, without BREAKING it, managed to get quite far away from "the source"... It's happened before with some of our other "babies", and THIS time, being older now, we both REEEEEALLY laughed~~~ ESPECIALLY at how PROUD OF HERSELF she seemed!!! It was a great chuckle for us!!!

Holiday hugs,

Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I'm sorry, Kathysue, but this is hilarious! I think it was worth every minute of cleanup. Great memory.
Teresa
xoxo

helen tilston said...

Hi Kathysue

I did get a big smile from the Elf's mischief. Do you suppose this little grand-daughter will be an interior designer also? How great that she has originality at this tender age.

My best
Helen xx

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

This is one of my absolute favorites!!! I saw one where they had the Elf next to a picture holding a sharpie and had drawn a mustache on the family. It was so funny!

Babs said...

That is the cutest Elf on the Shelf, and what a story. Giggle. How sweet that granddaughter apologized for her elf. Awww, so sweet.

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

I love it! My husband has been out of town since Thurs and I cannot reach the elf where he last landed....Maddie will be happy when he relocates tomorrow!

La Dolfina said...

You are the most amazing Grama!
You and my mom are like little girls at Christmas.
Love your spirit!!!
XO

John said...

Hi Kathy, love your Elf on a Shelf and the table she messed up! It reminds me of what my wife is doing with these dolls that she makes and sells on Etsy. Here's a link to her site: http://ragdollsrising.com/

It's pretty neat that you're doing the blog, I'll bet you're a fan of HGTV as well.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Very cute.

traci zeller designs said...

Oh, that naughty, naughty elf! Bubbles (our elf) took the flour from our pantry to make a snow angel in the kitchen ... and yesterday he ate powdered sugar doughnuts (that he brought with him) and got it all over him! He is such a mess. ;-)