home about me our home

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Opinions Please!

Blogging is a wonderful forum to not only state our opinions, dreams and desires, but also a great place to get opinions from like minded people.

I remember years ago I had a discussion with a few of my friends stating that I would love to have a resource of like minded people that we could connect with and ask each other questions about what was concerning us pertaining to our lives.

Nothing heavy duty, just general questions about our homes, children, fashion, beauty products, etc.
I remember one particular question that I had on my mind and wanted to know what was a solution that others found that had worked for them……

“How do you store all of your gift wrapping?”

Back then there were no special containers for these items and it was always a big problem for me since I loved to wrap pretty gifts.

Now that I am blogging I  have that forum to address my concerns or questions with my like minded readers.

This is where I need your opinion…….

What do you all think about me having a, “Question of the Day?!!” once a week?
I would ask a question and you, my readers, could give your answer in the comments.

I would also like to give YOU, my reader an opportunity to ask your own questions. I would like YOU to email me your question and I would post it on my,”Question Of The Day”blog post, and my readers would answer your question. I would not post your name only your question.

I am not sure how this might unfold, but I am willing to try this if you all think it is a good idea and something  you would like to participate in.

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment. If you think this is a good idea email me  any questions that you would like to open up on my blog in order to receive answers from like minded readers.



Kathysue

Don't forget the towel sale going on at Neiman Marcus!
See my other post for today.

29 comments:

nannykim said...

Good idea. I just haven't been doing much blogging lately, but I think it is a good idea.

Jessie said...

This sounds like a wonderful series! Looking forward to read and participate!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

vignette design said...

Good idea Kathysue. My question today is what do we do with all the family photographs in boxes, drawers etc. that didn't make it to the photo albums? ~Delores

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Sounds good to me, Kathysue.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

lol lol Well...it was just a matter of time, Kathysue, until your QOTD made it to blogland! I LOVE the idea because I know your questions are thought-provoking! I vote YES!...hugs...Debbie

Bring Pretty Back said...

Kathysue, BRILLIANT!
Have a PRETTY day!
Kristin

Stacy CUrran said...

I think it sounds like fun! Why not? New ideas can be hard to come by and I think this is a great one!
Stacy

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

I think that you would have tons of fun with the series and everyone would learn lot too. Have a great week. Mona

Babs said...

That sounds like a great idea to me.
Babs

Tote said...

Kathysue, good idea, I like it.
I do keep my wrapping in one of those tall containers.

Susan

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Sounds good to me!

Splendid Sass said...

Kathysue,
I think that this is a great idea! I always have questions and comments!
Teresa
xoxo

example - Do any of you like the made into the cover address labels? It drives me crazy!!

I know this is just one type of question, but I think you are onto something!

Rashon Carraway said...

It sounds like a great idea. I think having controversial questions would really get it going. I enjoy reading different opinions on subject matters.



Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting
www.ilovethrifting.com

Libby said...

I keep all my gift wrapping in my huge artist flat file drawers...works beautifully!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I LOVE this idea, and think it would generate GREAT discussions! I hope you will do it!!!! I need good ideas for storing linens!!!!! Especially placemats as I have tablecloths hanging with string tags on them. XO, Pinky

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good idea. I would like to see it be a place for honest, thoughtful but civil discussions. I love real
opinions even if different than my own. We all could learn a lot from each other if we are not timid in expressing our thoughts . So, count me in. Denise

debra @ 5th and state said...

you are always thinking and always including others. i vote yes kathysue! your questions would prompt us to think of questions. currently i am full of blog questions, far too many to mention. oh wait here is one;
'what is a single source for blogging info/tips/help, spoken in english? :-)
xo
debra

Brooks Interior said...

I'm excited and definitely vote YES for discussions.

Karena said...

Kathysue, I love this idea, and I am sure we would all learn so much!

There is always something I would like to get an answer or opinion on!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Come and join my Giveaway of a very special painting!

Mel@Georgica Pond said...

I think it's a great idea. Always good to have a forum and hear the opinions and advice of others. Happy to make suggestions and ask questions I'm curious to get other's ideas about too. Go for it!

Anonymous said...

I think this series will be a big hit. I have often wished to have a craft room/gift wrapping station... wouldn't that be the coolest?! xo

Lee said...

Let's try it! As long as you give your response to the readers' questions too. Readers post questions on Garden Web and they often get insightful suggestions. sometimes, readers post a picture with their question, esp if a visual component helps.

The enchanted home said...

Love the idea and anything that encourages interaction between reader and blogger is always fun and interesting! Another blogger allows people to ask her quesitons of any kind once a week and I told her i am going to copy and do that myself every now and then, I get a lot of questions anyway so why not turn it into a post and share with everyone? I love your idea and look forward to seeing it unfold...i will be ready and willing!

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

I think it's a fantastic idea! I would love to participate in something like that!! Thumbs up =)

xox Linda

Red Door Home said...

Sharing information is always a great idea. I usually find other people have the same questions as I do!

cotedetexas said...

sounds like a great idea!!!

Joni
cote de texas

Marianne said...

I love this idea!!! Looking forward to it.

quintessence said...

I think it's a fabulous idea!! And I also think you should make it a certain day of the week so everyone knows to stop by!

Karen said...

I love this idea. (Does it only have to be one questions, I've got zillions!)