home about me our home

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lime With Black For Thanksgiving

I know lime and black  is not a typical color combination, but I am looking for something other than the usual.

I will have to be honest in that I did not find too many examples other than wedding table settings using this color combination.

Here are a few images for inspiration……….

2 (800x533)
I love this arrangement. They have used a black lacquer box and lined it with rows of different flowers almost like a little garden.

 I can see this arrangement with simple mums in varied colors of lime and white. That would be one way to keep the color combination tight. This pop of orange really does look nice. I know I said orange looked nice and I never like orange!! It looks amazing here!


1 (450x450)
Very simple, but absolutely a stunning table.

Here are a few elements that could make a festive Thanksgiving table in black and lime.
4 (800x600)
This is Johnson Bros. transfer ware called Haystack in black and white. This plate is one that I have used on my own table setting for Thanksgiving day. You can find these from time to time at places like Homegoods and TJMaxx at very reasonable prices.


5 (383x383)
Add a plank of wood down the center of your table and line it up with lime green pears and votives. This is so simple and will add texture and life to a table.


Matts bday 027 (800x600) (800x600) 
This is a simple arrangement I made with lime green mums and white button mums. I used this arrangement on Chinese New Year so the vases are black ceramic take-out containers.

You could do the same arrangement in any black, clear or white container that you already have. I just went to the grocery store and purchased the mums. You can also order them ahead of time so you will be sure to get the colors you want.

Matts bday 026 (800x600)
It does not have to be elaborate to be pretty.

6 (310x300)  
Some simple, mums and green apples.

I hope this inspires you to think outside the box this Thanksgiving.

“Enjoy the Process” Of:

Keeping it simple and using an unexpected color combination!

Kathysue

7 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Kathysue! What an interesting color combo for Thanksgiving! It may be a little too modern for me, though. I loved your blue and white post...especially the pic of the transferware plates on that "to die for" French hutch! I was drooling! I'm still hangng on to my creams and naturals, I think. I'd better decide. Our "faux" Thanksgiving is this Sunday! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Jules said...

I use green apples a lot on my table but mostly I mix with white and silver...will have to think about throwing in some black next time!
I might have to swap to pears as well as they look sensational. xx

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Gorgeous post, and I was wondering when you were going to get around to your fab black & white & lime!!!

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Love the takeout floral arrangements and I think the lime green is fun and vibrant. Have fun pulling all the table elments together. XO

Kristen White said...

Great inpiration pics!!!! I use green pears and apples in my tablescapes a lot because I love the pop of green color....it just looks so fresh!!!!
Kristen

La Dolfina said...

Great outside the box inspiration as usual my friend!
xo

Sally@DivineDistracgtions said...

This is so funny to me....I did a blog on Black and White today and mentioned that it was a favorite combination of yours...even linked to you, and here I come over and you have a black and white post as well.....It's almost getting eerie, isn't it? LOL
Love the splash of line (almost as much as I love the orange!) So you had a Chinese New Year party????