home about me our home

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Black and White for Halloween

I like to use Black and white for Halloween without the addition of orange!! No surprise there! I have some fun black and white ideas in my files that I have collected that I thought you might enjoy seeing.
NO FABRIC SHADE (300x400)
What a fun idea!! No fabric on the lampshade and an addition of the silhouettes makes it perfect for Halloween.
CANDLES IN MOSS (300x300) (300x300)
Black candles in simple green moss.
BATS (300x333)
These would be fun going up your walk-way to greet guest!
CHANDELIER NAPKIN TIES (300x400)
Cute napkin holders.
FAMILY TREE (300x400) (300x400)
The Family tree out of felt or construction paper.
HAT (300x300) (300x300)
This would be great at the front door. Did you notice the thread and buttons on the chippy stool?
MOUSE AND CAT SILHOUETTE (300x400) (300x400)
A little addition of black trip and silhouettes of a cat and mouse chase and you have an instant decoration for Halloween.
OUTDOOR STEPS (300x300) (300x300)
Notice that this is a temporary addition to the steps so after Halloween is over you can take them off. How about a sign that says, “Enter if You DARE!!!”
PARTY (300x400) (300x400)
PILLOW (300x300) (300x300)
PUMPKIN (300x300) (300x300)
SCONCE (300x400) (300x400)
SCRAP BOOK PAPER BACKING (300x250) (300x250)
SILHOUETTE (300x400) (300x400)
untitled (300x250) (2) (300x250)
Get some Thrift store vases and paint flat black add a crow and Voila! It is a Halloween decoration!!
I lean more towards the fun or cute side of Halloween instead of the scary side. I even think some of these ideas can fall into the category of sophisticated. I thought it would be really cool to have a huge over-sized silhouette of a chandelier in the front window.
I hope this gives you all some fun and inspiring ideas for the up-coming Halloween celebrations.
“Enjoy the Process” Of:
Making your own personal statement with your Halloween Decorations
Kathysue

12 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great pics and post. Hope you are having a super trip. I keep thinking about you. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Who's not surprised there is no orange in your Halloween!! That's ok....I'll take your share of it! Inspiring pics you've posted here! If you need some more black and white pumpking inspiration, I've got several pumpkin posts on the blog this month, and many of them are white. Can't wait for you to get back home!!!
www.divinedistractions.blogspot.com

Blondie's Journal said...

Fun, fun, fun!! Some of these ARE very sophisticated. I love the cat chasing the mice and the bats painted on the pumpkins. The steps are very neat, too!! Black never looked so good!!

XO,
Jane

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Oh! What great ideas and all of them fairly simple to do. Thanks (-:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Kathysue,

Indeed, I too opt for this more sophisticated version of Halloween. It is far more soothing to the eye than the pompous and loud items you often see to decorate.
My most favorite is the cat chasing the mice! And the messages on the staircase are priceless too!

Have a great weekend and sunny greetings from Georgia,

MariettesBacktoBasics

Cashon&Co said...

what a fun concept! i never thought about doing black & white without orange, but it looks fantastic! my youngest and a friend just carved a pumpkin last night and lit it with a candle inside. it was fun to walk up to the porch and see this lone jack-o-lantern with a single tooth flickering by my door. he might need some company now though.
xoxo friend!
k

Kat said...

These are such great ideas! I love the cat chasing the mice. And the "family tree". Now I'm going to have Poe stuck in my head all day LOL. I know that you are having a wonderful time, can't wait to hear all about it! Hugs, Kat

Anonymous said...

Love that cat and mouse too! so cute.
I'm NOT a Halloween person, at all; so no matter what colors are used, it's just not my thing...but yours are a very refreshing take!

Jules said...

Sometimes I wish we did these things in OZ but we don't so I will just love looking at yours. I might have to copy the cat and the mice though xx

Pinky said...

I love all of these ideas. I do the orange thing but also mix in black and white too. Just did a table with this color scheme! I LOVE FALL!!!!! Hope you are having a GREAT time! XO, Pinky

Georgy said...

Black and white is a great combination. Love the bats on the white hanging balls. G

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Love these images....very fun. We did pumpkins last night and the fall air has arrived....puts me in the mood!