home about me our home

Sunday, April 18, 2010

I Need A Little Encouragement!

I have been given permission from Sande at A Gift Wrapped Life for some, “Allowed Procrastination.” She said it is allowed on Sundays and it is Sunday, right?  I am actually making some progress. I am taking a little break before I go back out to the porch with the hose in hand. 

So far I have:
  1. Potted the plants into the pots.
  2. Removed all furniture onto lawn for a wash down.
  3. Removed screen from window to also wash.
  4. Swept down all loose cob-webs.
  5. Scraped loose paint off of wall planter.
  6. Trimmed dead limbs off my Meyer fern that thinks it is an octopus.
Front porch and yard 001 (604x800) (2)
This is where I sit in the mornings and drink my first cup of coffee .
To Do:
  1. Clean off furniture and screen
  2. Wash windows
  3. Put porch furniture back on porch
  4. Paint planter on wall
  5. Paint lamp base that is terribly chippy( I know for those of you that like chippy paint you would love this, I just have to have it painted)
  6. Sit down and enjoy my efforts!!
After my lunch break I am putting on my ugly hat to protect my hair from the showers that are about to ensue on my front porch. I am getting my hose sprayer and hosing everything down. I love this part because it is like playing in the sprinklers. Wish me luck!! I can use all the encouragement I can get in order  to get this done.
“Enjoy the Process” Of: Spring Cleaning!!
Kathysue

16 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Good luck, you can do it. I am rooting you on!!!

A Perfect Gray said...

you can do it, babe! your 'already done' list looks much worse than your 'to do' list. bet it will be done in no time!!!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

My gosh Kathysue...that fern is amazing!

Take pictures when you get it all gussied up! I love seeing porch pictures!

Kathysue said...

Hi Pat, that picture is actually an older one it is even bigger now if you can believe it. It is in its growing season after the winter so it will get prettier as time goes by. I have never seen one quite this big. I think it does well because I trim it once a year and leave it alone. It just likes that corner for some reason. I hope it is photo worthy after I get done, we shall see. Kathysue

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Kathysue! You are making me tired! I still love that fern! I don't think they grow here, or I have never seen one...gorgeous! Everything looks wonderful! I'll bet you are through by now and having some iced tea! Happy week, my friend...hugs...Debbie

Allie and Pattie said...

Kathysue, I've NEVER seen a Meyer fern! How fascinating! I just dragged my husband over to show him too. We also spent the entire weekend porch-sprucing. How does it get so dirty over the winter? Looking forward to pics
xoxo Pattie

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

If your garden looks like that I would not be procrastinating on a Sunday (not even an allowed one). I would be working on all that splendor. Sorry, about the retraction but do hope you are taking nice breaks and then show it all to us so we can get plant fever too. I could use some, so the encouragement can come this way-lol! I'll procrastinate another time. XO

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

YOU, Missy...are one organized babe! Dayum...I would have missed half of the steps. Scratch that. I DO miss half the steps...I'm a wing it kinda person. Doesn't always work. Nope.

Gwen Driscoll said...

I'm so impressed with the list you've accomplished! Your fern is amazing, just beautiful. I wanted to stop by and thank you so much for your kind remarks on RHS. I really appreciate it and I'm so glad to find your blog. Can't wait for more great posts.

Have a great week.

G

Karena said...

You are getting much more accomplished than I am! The fern is wonderful!! Bravo!

I have a new post and interview up I think you will enjoy!

Karena
Art by Karena

ashlina {the decorista} said...

actually sounds like you have accomplished a lot! I am so impressed by that! take your friends advice and relax and revel in your accomplishments so far. way to go. The fern is fabulous...you know i have really had my eye on ferns lately, dont know what it is. you are inspiring me to get one...:)

Completely Coastal said...

Yep, I did some cleaning too on Sunday..., windows and screens..., the porch was hosed down earlier.

Maya @ Completely Coastal

Gift registry said...

You are doing a pretty good job. Your garden looks terrific.

Tricia said...

Your patio looks divine, I could certainly use your green thumb!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

I love the little peak into your garden, its so pretty! And I love that cool fern!!

Melissa Miller said...

This sounds fun! I really mean it. I actually love to clean and admire the results. He! Show us!