home about me our home

Monday, February 1, 2010

Isn't It Romantic


Room by Belle Interiors
Now that it is the very first day in the month that we celebrate LOVE,  I thought I would do a post on Romantic Celebrations. What exactly makes a celebration Romantic?  I am sure it varies from person to person.  For me it would involve staying at home with the love of my life (Hubby), a fireplace, a table set for two, flowers, candlelight, and beautiful music playing softly in the background. I started looking around to find some examples of what I find romantic and it really is subjective. I did find a few things that I would like to share with you that may help you to make that special someone feel Verrrrry Special!!

How about a romantic dinner for two, fireside? If you have a fireplace you can easily put a small table in front of a warm and cozy fire.

Here is a book that will not only help you figure out what to cook and how to make it, but also has music to play along quietly while you eat dinner.
Along with dinner and nice easy listening music, I would have a video of ocean waves. Our favorite place to go is to the ocean.  I am very fortunate to live close enough to take trips to beautiful Carmel Beach in California. We go there as often as possible.
For those of you who live close enough to Carmel or Monterey check out this wonderful web-site and surprise your loved one with your own personal Bon Fire at the beach with a love message placed in the sand outlined in rose petals. It comes complete with blanket and all the fixings to make smores.  I actually purchased this as a gift for a very special person in my life on their anniversary. I was told it was one of the most wonderful surprise they had ever received. I highly recommend this as a special gift to a loved one or a couple in love.

I would like to leave you with these two pictures taken on one of our trips to Carmel. This was a very secluded little cove. Someone had made a heart in the sand with some sea kelp. I must say it made for a very romantic rest of the day. Aaaaaaah!

  Let me know what special plans you are making for your Special Someone.

"Enjoy the Process" Of: Making someone feel special.

Kathysue

10 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hello Kathysue,
I just love the warm, soft, romantic room you have shown us today. I'd like to just cozy up by that fire.
I've never been to Carmel, but it looks lovely.
We are only three miles from the ocean here at Ocean Isle Beach, believe it or not, I don't get there much.
I love the messages in the sand. And, yes it feels good to make someone feel special.

Have a wonderful week.

Sissie

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Hi Kathysue, you always post the best pictures of fantastic rooms. I remember that room being on rms and I even saved it in my favorites on there. Thanks for stopping by. The grand baby still has come out yet. Probably a good thing though since they had a lot of snow this weekend and have been stuck in the house. My son was going to call 911 if she had come over the weekend. Their roads are still covered in snow and now it has been refrozen harder than ever the past two nights. I am sure miss Naomi will arrive soon though. She is now late!!....Kim

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love that gorgeous room, and such pretty and romantic pictures. Seems like the beach always seems romantic, and so do the mountains and a big roaring fire. Guess here in the desert, we will have to find another way. Hope you are having a super day. Hugs, Marty

Paula Bee said...

Ahhhh. You know me...the beach, walks around Carmel, a fireplace...I am in heaven! Thanks, Paula

Tricia said...

Great post Kathysue! I love that first image, the clock, the flowers and candles on the mantel and of course the vino and cheese!
Happy Monday to you.

Sue said...

I don't know what we will do this year. My husband's birthday is 3 days after Valentine's Day, so we often combine the two. We have a very romantic restaurant here, we may go there.

Sue

Averill said...

No plans yet but would LOVE to have our fireplace working in time for Valentine's Day (actually, it works, we just don't have fake logs for it and looking at the bare gas flames is just about the opposite of romantic).

susan said...

Something about a fire is romantic...but a fire on the beach sounds truly romantic. I have never been to a beach where one was allowed! I always love messages in the sand.

nancy2 said...

Kathysue,

Thanks for the pictures of Carmel, we live on the Monterey Bay and love it too.

Enjoy your blog!

Gypsy Heart said...

Carmel is like a piece of heaven on earth! Thanks for the beautiful photos ~