home about me our home

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Lighting Choice For The Small Hall In Our New Home

 

When I last wrote about the lighting in my home I was looking for the right combination of lighting for my Great room. 

As I wrote in my last post I had to think of all the lighting in the main part of the house because you can see it all together as you enter into our home.

Here is a picture of all existing lighting in the room.......


As you can see I have carried out a black and white theme with a touch of antique brass.

I also have to keep in mind the lighting you will see as you enter our home since you can see all the way to the back wall from our entry hall.

In the entry I chose to use the aged brass since I have a piece of art in there that looks best with gold tones. Below is a mock up I did of the entry.

 


I chose the aged hand rubbed finish because it feels richer to me, and it also has a darkened finish in the crevices which mimic the black that I am using. I also am getting a new picture light in the same finish.




REMEMBER: When using more than one light in the same area and in the same finish try to get it from the same manufacture. All manufacturer's finishes are different so aged brass in one company might be totally different from another company. Both of my fixtures are from Hudson Valley.



Now for the new kid on the block, and where he will reside.....

See that little hall on the left of the TV? 

It is a blank slate, and it needed some attention so I decided I would add a molding frame on the entire back wall and have a hanging fixture hang down low enough to be seen.

I wanted something simple that was blackish and possibly had an addition of the aged brass. It needed to be a certain size, and of course budget was also a concern.

I had several picks to choose from, and narrowed it down to five, here are some of the fixtures I was contemplating in the bottom left corner.

First I picked out what I liked, then reviewed pricing and sizes. The reason I choose what I like first without considering anything else is to make sure I am not swayed at the beginning of my decision.

I will get practical and down to nitty-gritty after I line up my choices.


THE LINE-UP


#1





 #2
                              via



#3

                             via



 #4




 #5

                          via


So there you have the lineup! 

Just for fun which one do you like?  I have my favorites and have it narrowed down to two choices. I will share by final decision in another post.
 
 
 

9 comments:

lynn said...

I love #3! Your colors are exactly what I use so this was an easy decision for me. Of course that is without checking prices!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Like the idea of the little foyer chandy....I like #3 and #2 Have a great weekend.

nancy2 said...

#3!

Dianna A said...

100% #3 - it is amazing.

Ivy Lane said...

I like #3~ One thing that I can't get past is the black trim on the overhead fixture by your beautiful piece of artwork... I think that black trim is competing.. My eye goes there first instead of the painting. Just my 2 cents.. I would make the art work and wall sconces the focal point and have the overhead fixture "disappear" in that space. Just my 2 cents! :)

Thanks for sharing all that you are doing in your beautiful new home!

xo,
Ivy

Donnamae said...

Hands down....#3! ;)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Number three makes such a statement!

Victoria said...

All lovely choices, but I love #3. Guess I am not alone.

Unknown said...

I love the look of number 2. Some of the others look a little too mic-century modern in my opinion. My next choice would be number 3 (but definitely not a close second choice). Whatever your final decision, I have no doubt it will look beautiful in your home.