home about me our home

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Using Natural Elements In Decorating Your Kitchen

 

I love to have fresh flowers and bowls of fresh produce in my kitchen in every season. 

I have found it is a fun way to change things up a bit in the kitchen without doing a major overhaul.

Lately I have been playing around with different vases and different bowls for the kitchen. 

Since Fall is drawing near I thought I would pull out my antique wood bowl, and add some fresh produce. 

I chose to pair it with a very large blue and white  vase that contained a simple color combination of greens and white flowers. 

I love the rough primitive texture of the bowl with the refined design of the blue and white vase.

P1140149 (600x800)
I like to keep the color scheme in my flowers pretty tight, usually just one color of flowers, but the addition of green is always a welcomed sight in my home.


P1140165 (600x800)
This was a fun mix of spider mums, and carnations for the white, and there were lemon leaves, eucalyptus leaves for greenery.Notice the big green puff? This was a flower I have never seen. 
It has a stem that resembles the carnation family. I have no idea what it is, but it sure is fun.

As you all know flowers fade, but I try to stretch out their life by using what is left, and still looks  somewhat presentable.

This time I switched things up a bit, and put my fresh fruit in an antique silver bowl that my sweet daughter-in-law gave to me as a gift. 

She knows exactly what I love and always gets the perfect gift for me.

P1140168 (800x600)
Notice the design around the edge? It has a Greek look to me so I pulled out a vase that could hold what was left of the flowers to pair it with that had a similar look and feel…..

P1140173 (600x800)
The carnations have lasted, but they are on their last leg so to speak!!
              P1140176 (800x600)
See It?

A beautifully monogrammed letter, “K!” Could it be anymore perfect for me?

So that is about all I have been up to lately. 

My hubby is recovering beautifully, and each day brings on more, and more normal life for us both. 

Thank you all for your caring, and interest in my little life, and for continuing to read this little account of my life, and decorating escapades. 

Hopefully we will be up, and running at a normal pace not only in life but in blogging again.

I am:
“Still Enjoying The Process!”
I hope you all are as well.

For a look at other combinations I have used in my kitchen in the past......
Click HERE!

 
 

11 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

That is a beautiful bowl Kathyue. I always love the touch of a monogram as well. It all looks fresh and clean in your kitchen.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Glad things are progressing back to a normal life.
Patty

Karena said...

Lovely containers Kathysue,I have a similar blue and white one. When I return home from rehab, I plan to fill it with green and white!
Xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Sue said...

Lovely as always Kathysue, and I am so happy to hear that your husband continues on his road to good health. The most important thing, after all:-)
Happy almost fall from 100+ Texas!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

So pretty, Kathysue! Using natural elements really does add life to the decor. Your flowers are beautiful. Glad to hear that your hubby is doing well!

Victoria said...

Your bowl and vase are lovely. I love the look of a bounty of fresh fruits and veggies in kitchen decor. It is always fun to see what you are up to, and especially lovely to hear such a good progress report.
XO

Donnamae said...

Beautiful bowl Kathysue! So glad your hubby is doing well! Enjoy your day! ;)

designchic said...

I love fresh flowers and fruit in a bowl is the perfect kitchen decoration - and eatable too!! Still love everything about your kitchen - amazing!!! So happy your husband is doing better…

Woodside Park said...

That lovely footed "K" bowl was meant for you :) It's beautiful!! And you know I'm a fan of blue and white. So good to know the mister is recovering, Kathysue. Cheers!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Hi Kathysue...I love the blue and white jar with flowers...you know I'm a big fan of blue and white! I'm glad to hear that your husband is doing better...

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Such a gorgeous silver bowl!