home about me our home

Monday, July 21, 2014

Some NEW This and That's

   


I have found a few fun things lately that  I thought you all might enjoy as well. 

They vary from, home, beauty, clothing. Just some This and That's for a Monday.

First let me start with something I am in love with for my home…..

Mommys Bliss
This mist smells heavenly!! I use it on my pillow cases and the leading edge of my top sheet. I love this stuff so much I ordered one for each bedroom.

You can find it on sale right now at Wallgreens.com for only $3.99. It is a small bottle so I got some back-ups.

The other thing I did was to take some WD-40 (best sticky label remover around), to remove the label so I have a pretty little cobalt bottle to sit in the bedrooms. 

I would like to make my own label that says something catchy on it. I will let you know if I figure out how to do that.

In The Wardrobe Department........

Next is a cute little Spring/Summer dress. This dress is knit so it will travel well and I think it can be a dress-up, dress-down outfit…..

Trulli dress black and white
The dress actually hits in the middle of my knee, and fits like a glove. It is very figure flattering, and I  know I will get a lot of wear out of this dress.

You can find it here, On SALE for only $39.99. At that price I bought it in cobalt blue too!!!

Some Southern Comfort!

Next a little something to keep you cool in the summer heat………

southern breeze sweet tea
When we went to South Carolina  I fell in love with sweet tea. We shouldn’t have the sugar so I was on the hunt for something that tasted like the tea we had in South Carolina. I think I have found a winner!!

This tea is sooooo good and it is sweetened with splenda, which is already in the tea bag.

I found it on Amazon HERE! They also have a website that tells you what stores you can buy it at, but we do not have any of the stores listed, here in California.

Now for the beauty department……

I have been using PaulaChoice moisturizer with spf 25 for awhile now, and I must say I still love it.

Recently I needed to order more so I went on her website, and perused a bit, and found another product that I am loving……

Paulas choice
I use this under my sunscreen, and I am loving the way my skin is retaining the moisture. I have extremely dry skin so I am always thrilled to find a product at a reasonable price point that is working for me. You can find it HERE!

That is my post of THIS and That’s!!

Let me know if any of you try any of my newest suggestions.

 
 

7 comments:

SHERRY HART said...

That dress is so cute....think I'l take a look at it:)

Karena said...

Kathysue, thanks for so many great tips, I love a nice softly scented pillow mist and will definitely try this!

Cute dress as well.

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Fun Post!!! Really like that dress!

designchic said...

I am a Southerner and we do love our sweet tea, Kathysue. I can still remember my mother taking that heaping cup of sugar and pouring it in that pitcher. Can't wait to try a new version with fewer calories!!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Your new dress is adorable. Thank you for the linen spray suggestion...I love to spray my sheets and pillow cases every morning, so I will definitely look into getting this one. And...a final thank you for the WD40 suggestion, I had no idea it took off sticky labels ~ sensational!

Jen said...

Enjoyed your post. Just to pass along to you....I just read that if you have dry skin you are low in Vitamin A. I enjoy listening to Dr. Eric Berg and he had it in some of his material. Always enjoy your blog and your recommendations.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

I love your new dress - I bet it looks great on as it seems very figure flattering.