home about me our home

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

New Lights In My Backard!

   

Lights in the garden are just like lights inside our homes. They add ambiance to the space, and in my life that is a necessary element.

Yesterday I found some fun new lights for my garden at Bed Bath and Beyond.

batterie lighs
They are little tiny twinkle lights. I like to call them Fairy lights because they remind of the lights at Disneyland in Tinkerbelle's Pixie Hollow.

The cool thing about these lights is they are:

 
  • Batterie operated
  •  
  • LED (less power to run them)
  •  
  • They have a 6 hour timer (they turn themselves off and on)
  •  
  • You can submerge the lights in water ( great for centerpieces)
  •  
The little white lights on batteries have been around for years, but the LED are new to me.

Let me show you how I used mine….

fairy lights 012 (600x800)
I put them in my window box. Tucked in and out of the ferns and hydrangeas. 

They are right above another favorite light of mine that hangs over my bubbler.

Backyard bubbler 017
It is a fun little water feature that makes such a nice trickling sound.


Backyard bubbler 016 (800x600)_thumb
Here is a close-up so you can see the water spouting up in the middle of the rocks.

Now back to my fairy lights!!
I want them every where!!

fairy lights 016 (800x600)
They make me smile!

fairy lights 013 (600x800)
You will notice a lantern on the left shutter. It also has a timer light inside of it. I just used one of the candles that is on a timer.


fairy lights 014 (800x600)


fairy lights 017 (800x600)
This girl is all about ambient lighting!!

(If you would like to get some too, here is the link…….HERE!!)

BACKYARD-COLLGE_thumb1

Now I just need to figure out how to get

the sound that Tinkerbelle makes to play in my yard! Hmmmmm??? 
Any ideas?

 
 

9 comments:

Woodside Park said...

Wow - so pretty, lush and charming. The lights are a fun and festive idea! I thank you for sharing, Kathysue :) Thinking of some around my little fountain, which is painted black.

Karena said...

Kathysue those little fairy lights are wondrous!!

xoxo
Karena
Feature:Decorate Fearlessly

michele said...

genius! want!

smiles.

michele

SHERRY HART said...

Your backyard is so so pretty!

Merlin said...

Your yard is wondrous!! I DEFINITELY will get those lights...THANKS!! franki

debra @ 5th and state said...

ok ms kathysue, a massive case of jealousy just washed all over me, we had 2" of snow yesterday!!!

aside from that, this is stunning! oh my oh my, i will be doing this and offering to my clients, love!
xoxo
debra

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

If anyone can figure out how to get the "Tinker Bell" special sound, YOU can! Magical!

vignette design said...

Love the new fairy lights. They're a great addition to the backyard and love that they're on a timer. I must get them too!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a beautiful place! It is very nice idea with your lights .
Thanks for sharing.

Margaret
http://decordesireforbeauty.com/blog.html