home about me our home

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

How To Get Healthy Looking Skin At Any Age


30a0d14a7706800873a7e2486f16300c
One of the things I LOVE about being a girl is being able to use make-up. This girl loves her lotions, and potions.

I have tried so many products over the years, and will admit I will be trying, and experimenting with new products until my dying day.

7f261809c7be0f498e1f6d27575459a5

We all know that our make-up can only look as good as the base we apply it on, (our face) . So we have to take care of our skin at every age . Healthy skin is a must!!

I am going to share with you a few things that I want to try, or have tried that seem to be making a difference in my skin quality.

I have been using a new skin cleanser that I am in love with…….

31AZ54vNIyL
I discovered this while in Paris last fall and I have reordered it because I love it so much.(I found it on Amazon for a great price.)

It is an oil, but once you add water to your face, and blend it together it emulsifies and becomes a gentle cleanser that keeps my dry skin soft, and subtle. The fragrance is lovely, soft and very pretty.

ihwx.00ad6908-d038-4d18-be67-0dc78eead31b.300.200
via
After my skin has been cleansed I use the 5% hydroxy product most nights, and I will alternate maybe twice a week with the 10% solution.

I tend to have dry, sensitive skin so I only use it twice a week.
When I use this product regularly, I can tell a big difference in the texture of my skin.

Notice I said, "When I use this product regularly?!" Yes, I have to admit, I am that girl that is not faithful in cleansing my face at night! (Don't gasp!! I know I should, and I am getting better!)

THE NATURAL WAY


1faf97ee611662c1f6b3de3494e4d6f1
 via
For those of you that like a natural solution, I found these two for you. I have not personally tried these, but like I said earlier, I am always trying new lotions, and potions so I will be trying these too.

0cde4476d0e552662e23a1fb99d37ae3

 SUMMER READING

I found a book that I plan on getting to read that might interest you all for some light summer reading on self improvement……..

ee8ddf21770d1930ff20823b5215492e
I love sharing anything I learn along the way with my readers. I hope you enjoy this subject matter as much as I do.  

If you have time I would love for you to  leave me a comment to let me know if you would like me to continue  writing more of these types of post on a regular basis.

 60 YEARS OF AGE

62 YEARS OF AGE AND COUNTING.....

63 HERE I COME!!

I have a saying……

….. “I don’t mind aging, it is a natural
process that we all start the moment we are born. 
BUT, I refuse to become old, that is a state of mind and a way of living!”

You can quote me on that!
 
 
 

10 comments:

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

I love makeup too! I love playing around and experimenting with techniques, applications, lotions and potions too.

Lynda Dunham-Watkins said...

Good info you are sharing. I like your saying---it is also mine. 70 is looming for me but I'm not old.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

True...Age is a state of mind!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You are totally adorable and you look so much younger than your age. No wrinkles, that amazes me. Mine are really becoming more pronounced, so I think I really need to try and take better care of my skin. I need to try some of these products, they sound like they would be super for my type of skin, very dry. Love these posts, they are super. Hugs, Marty

Blondie's Journal said...

I like these posts, Kathysue! I'm sometimes surprised by the number of women that don't bother with skincare or make up as they get older. I always have and always will want to look my best. And you, my dear, are the one that got me hooked on Boing for my dark circles!

If you're not too keen on washing your face at night, pick up a pack of the make up cleansing towelettes. I use Garniar. You can keep them right on your nightstand.

XO,
Jane

P.S. You make 62 look awfully inviting to this 53 year old!

Melinda said...

I've always been told I have amazing skin, and I know it has more to do with genes than anything magical I do or put on it. Now that I'm 44 I can see the lines and age starting to show, but that makes me feel proud too. I have tried Botox in the past, to make me feel younger, but it just made my face feel frozen so I'm not a big fan. I guess that I'll just have to face the years and be proud of the life that shows on my face. Lovely post. And you look amazing!

Barbara said...

I read your blog daily & love the make up tips you pass along. I'm 66 & I'm always interested in how I can take better care of my skin & how I can improve how I look. Thanks for sharing Kathysue.


Barbara

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

You are an amazingly beautiful woman no matter what age. But I also believe it is your inner beauty shining out as well. You have some wonderful wisdom when it comes to health and beauty. You're my go-to gal in this department. Thanks for the book tip I may upload it onto my Nook. xxoo

Lori R. said...

I love your product posts and have tried a few of your suggestions. Thank you.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

I'm not an experimenter at all because I have such sensitive skin that I"m always afraid I'll set off a reaction. So once I find a safe product I stick with it. I find your lists interesting. By the way, you look years younger than your age, so all that potting around with creams must have helped.