home about me our home

Friday, February 15, 2013

There Is A New Kid In Town!

 

If you have been following along with my blog very long you know that I am in the middle, or should say the beginning of a redo in my family room.

My sofa and ottoman will be going to the upholsterer next Wednesday, and it will be recovered in this fabric……

essex sky blue
A classic blue and white ticking

I have been waiting for more fabric samples to come in. These will be used for pillows.

The other day I received a Schumacher fabric and let me tell you dear readers, 
“There is a new kid in town!”

3473a8bf474646d92190996ff6ba45c2
This is Schumacher’s Chenonceau in the color Aloe.

I have to tell you this green is perfect. It has a brightness, and yet a softness at the same time. That is the best of both worlds in my book.

I have one more green fabric coming from Schumacher. Mary McDonald’s No Fret in the color lettuce…

SPRING COMBINATION 
 
SPRING 1
You can see it on the bottom right. It looks as if the two greens will work well together, don’t you think? I have my fingers crossed that the two will work well together.

I am getting closer and closer to a good combination, and I am getting really excited at the possibilities.

Next element to tackle is the lighting. I will keep you posted!!

To be continued……..

 

21 comments:

The enchanted home said...

HOME RUN! Look no more..you have nailed it. LOVE the color and pattern combination and the green cinched the deal. Great work!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

That's perfect! One question....is this for the "Summer" version, with the green and white rug?

Amanda said...

Love that fabric combo KathySue! Its so refreshing and it will be beautiful!

Amanda said...

Love that fabric combo KathySue! Its so refreshing and it will be beautiful!

Jeanie Cash said...

I love, love, love your new colors! What I really admire is your patience and perseverance in getting every detail exactly right. Oh how much I learn from you!!! God has so blessed your talent!

Jeanie Cash said...

I love, love, love your new colors. Most of all I love your patience and perseverance in getting e Rey detail exactly as you want it. Oh, how much I can learn from you. God has truly blessed your amazing talent.

Dream House Trish said...

looks fantastic Kathysue, Im so excited to see it all finished!!!

Victoria said...

I love the accent fabrics you have chosen. They are perfect with the ticking and that color green is just right.
XO, Victoria

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love this look, this is going to be good.

michele said...

excited for you--it's all workin!

smiles.

michele

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Oh I am really loving this group of fabrics! So fresh and pretty!

Sarah said...

Kathysue, your fabric choices are wonderful. I'm eager to see this room all pulled together.

Mumbai said...

Sometimes it is worth to take time . The new baby from Schumacher is real wonderful but the Mc Donald is to greengreen. Just look around a couple of days more and you will find the perfect fabric. Good luck.

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Your new fabric is beautiful and the perfect addition to your family room colour scheme. The pattern is just lovely!
Happy decorating!
~ Wendi

Beach House Living said...

Live the blue and white!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Looking good...love the new fabric!

The Pink Pagoda said...

These are all gorgeous together! Your room will be beautiful and feel so good! These just are so happy, pretty and appealing!

What do I do, you ask? said...

Love your new fabric choice! It looks like it will fit perfectly!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

It's all going to be perfect. I love blue and green together and what you've picked out is classic yet so fun. Looking forward to seeing it all unfold!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Love that color combination! You have a true eye for design!

blessings,
karianne

Melinda said...

I've want to use Chenonceau for ages, and I love how it goes with the Mary McD fabric. Gorgeous combination.