home about me our home

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Snow Globe In PARIS


I have to admit it is a bit Kitschy, but I also have to admit I love it!!! I made my own snow globe with a sweet memory from Paris………

Paris Snow globe 013 (632x800)

See the flashing Eiffel Tower on the left. My sweet hubby wanted one when we were in Paris. He would tease that he was going to proudly display it on our mantel.

Paris Snow globe 014 (727x800)
I told him, that will never happen in our house, but he could get it and we would put it on our tree this year to commemorate our beautiful trip to Paris.


Paris Snow globe 015 (604x800)
He wound up not getting one while we were in Paris.

I felt kind of badly that I made him feel like he shouldn’t get it, so I sent away for one from Paris   to give him as a little Christmas surprise!

Paris Snow globe 016 (800x588)
I decided it would look great under a cloche, then it evolved into a snowy scene like you would see in a snow globe.


Paris Snow globe 018 (800x764)
I used two pictures, one of a snowy backdrop in front of the Eiffel tower, and one to put on the bottom where someone had written, “Kiss From PARIS!” In the snow.


Paris Snow globe 019 (800x600)
I added a picture of us kissing in Paris on "Love Lock Bridge," and put two little sparkly twigs for snowy trees behind us.



Paris Snow globe 020 (800x573)
Merry Christmas To 
The Love Of My Life
Kissing YOU in PARIS!!!

21 comments:

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

I think this is the sweetest cloche and little "love note" I have ever seen. What a sweet little surprise for Mr D. I love the pic of the kissing love birds. xxoo

La Dolfina said...

That is absolutely beautiful!!!!
Talk about a perfect addition to your memory tree!!!
Totally magical and romantic!!!!
Love to you both!!!
You really are the Christmas Girl!!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Kathysue-
You never cease to amaze me. Stunning, just stunning. I love the blue, and I LOVE snow globes too.
Happy Wednesday.
Teresa
xoxo

Decorating Lady's Humble Abode said...

How special is this snow globe for the both of you to remember Paris and a great touch with the picture of the two of you kissing. I am putting together a winter wonderland scene for the holidays and using my mother's very large old cloche. Check out my blog. I will be posting pictures soon. Great job. Humble Abode.

Unknown said...

*adore*

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Now, that was just down right sweet....cute post

Merlin said...

L O V E this!!! xoxoxoxoxoxox franki

Linda in AZ * said...

*** ABSOLUTELY the SWEETEST, MOST WONNNNDERFUL gift/memory EVER!!!

That was sheer genius, Sweetie... just FAAABULOUSLY LOVELY!!!

Hugs,
Linda
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Could this be any more dear? You are one lucky woman to have this type of relationship with your husband, happiest of holidays Kathysue!!

Janell

txbelle said...

Love this idea! Brings back sweet memories for us too. Merry Christmas y'all! xoxo Vicki

Unknown said...

too cute!

Donnamae said...

So sweet and very romantic!! ;)

The enchanted home said...

OMG!! That is sooo neat and so creative and beautiful. I felt like you were mini versions of yourself really standing there! You could sell and market these, sooo amazing!!

Victoria said...

What a sweet demonstration of love! I am sure he is delighted.
XO, Victoria

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

It's perfect - romantic, Christmassy, and brings back wonderful memories. I would make one too if I had a photo of us kissing (actually I might - I'll have to have a look) as our trip to Paris a year ago was one of our best vacations.

Melinda said...

You are so clever - its beautiful. What a lovely memento.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

wow...now that is one of the most incredible cloches I have seen....so unbelievably creative and sentimental....awesome!!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kathysue, this is just the cutest. I love this, you two are so perfect. Hugs, Marty

Stacy CUrran said...

No no no - not kitschy at ALL - it's SPECTACULAR!!! I love this more than anything I've seen all year - I mean it. It's perfect :)
Stacy

Debra Lea said...

I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE this, you are brilliant! That's such an awesome idea! :0) It looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

I also make snow globes. Yours is beautiful. Thought you'd like to see one of my recent takes on "Paris in a snow globe."

Have a great new year!
http://camrynforrest.com/2012/05/22/dreaming-of-paris-waterglobe/