Thanksgiving is less than a week away so now we are going to have to get down to, “BUSINESS!”
Instead of jamming everything in one, or two days I like to stretch out the work a little bit at a time.
- Order turkey
- Order any fresh flowers needed from florist
- If specialty produce is needed order it from the grocers.
- clean out refrigerators ( you want to make sure you have room for all the fresh produce etc. that will be coming.)
- clean out pantry
- clean out spice cabinet (Check the dates on the spices you will be using, buy fresh if outdated)
- organize the coffee cupboard, and make sure all accoutrements are available for guest.
3.sugar and sugar substitute.
5. De-caf coffee
- Clean off porch and patio
- Plant fresh flowers in pots
- Take out all recipes and make grocery list.
- Grocery shop
- Set up all tables and chairs
- Iron napkins and table cloth
- Set table
- Get out all serving dishes
- Do baked sweet potatoes (scoop out for Ruth Crist potatoes)
- Do mashed potatoes(I put them in the crock-pot on Thurs and they are nice and hot for dinner,stir occasionally so the heat evenly)
- mix up the dressing
- Get turkey ready for tomorrow.
Let the games begin!!!