home about me our home

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Do You Feel Like Shopping Today?

 




Happy Saturday Everyone!! I thought I would take you shopping with me today. 

This season it seems to be all about the accessories so I thought I would share a few pieces I have picked up the last few months.

When they say diamonds are a girls best friend for this gal I prefer pearls. I found this darling bracelet that has more than just a string of pearls around my wrist…..



I got this from Darlybird.com. Wait until you see how much it cost.  I love the way they added two types of chains. I found this to be even cuter in person and I wear it all the time.


MY UNIFORM

THE CUFF

When I wear my uniform this next piece goes perfectly with the look…….


A universal monogram is attached to this wide tortoise shell cuff and there is just a hint of sparkle with a tiny Swarovski crystal in a golden hue. 

This cuff is fairly wide so I would not recommend it for you tiny, petite wrist gals.

You can find it HERE if you would like to purchase one.


MONOGRAMS AND PEARLS OH MY!!

Speaking of monograms and pearls check this little cutie out…….



This will be so fun to wear with a pair of white jeans, any fun top, and sandals this summer. The pearls are a nice size and you can add your own personal initial. I used a K on mine!!

I think it would look good with something like this………


One last fashion purchase, and a question to all of my wonderful readers…

I will be going to Paris this fall and I am on the quest for a comfortable shoe. I would like a pair of ankle boots, a loafer and a ballerina flat. I think those three styles will cover just about any occasion or place I will be going.

My beautiful DIL, who has impeccable classic style with a flair gave me some suggestions for a cute flat to wear……

THE SHOE!!

This ballet flat is by Taryn Rose. She was a podiatrist before she became a shoe designer. 

I must tell you it fits like a glove, and feels like a slipper on my foot.

It is so much cuter in person, I was almost giddy!!! Okay, I actually was giddy.

I have a very narrow heel, and I have the hardest time finding a shoe to fit. This shoe ran one size larger so I took a chance and ordered a smaller size. Would you believe they only had one pair left in my size so I took the plunge and ordered it.

This little beauty now resides in my closet!!!

On My Radar
This sweet little trinket was on my radar, but I passed it up.

 A very sweet, dear life-long friend surprised me today with this very bracelet. It is a large bangle type bracelet, and it is so gorgeous in person!!

 Thank you to my sweet, sneaky friend for getting it for me. Apparently after I showed it to her, she ordered it for me, and it just arrived ten minutes ago!!!


I love a surprise!!!




So dear readers please leave me any suggestions of shoes you find cute/comfortable for walking on cobblestone streets for long periods of time.

It sure was fun shopping with you all today!! Have a wonderful weekend!


BTW

To see more of my wardrobe wants, taste, and desires go to my pinterest boards here.

While over on Pinterest you can visit my DIL's boards too. She has quite the designers eye in fashion and in decor. I promise you will be inspired!
 

28 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You always look so classy and I love your uniform. Definitely looks very chic and something I would wear. Love the new flats, I need to see what they have, I could use a pair. Thanks for the shopping trip. Hugs, Marty

michele said...

i am loving your choices and i too am always in search of the perfect ballet flat and so far, i just cannot pull these off like i rocked them in the 80s. yours are sexy and comfy looking!

best to you.

michele

Linda in AZ * said...

*** THANKS, girlfriend!!! We may look like "TWINS" if/when we finally meet, as I just ordered the tortoise cuff... SOOOO GLAD YOU SHARED THIS!!!... @ a NICE, fashionable size of 2 1/2 inches, it should look oh-so-chic w/ what you recommended!!! Can't wait til MINE comes!!!

Happy Mothers Day,KS!!!

Hugs,

Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

nancy2 said...

Kathy,

The women in Paris are so chic and stylish you will fit right in with your Taryn Rose flats.

A Taryn Rose store in San Jose at Santana Row.

nancy2 said...

The women in Paris are so chic and stylish you will fit right in with your Taryn Rose flats.

Taryn Rose store in Santana Row in San Jose.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Had to leave this post twice to get to the sources. My daughter will flip over the pearl/initial bracelet. The best of both worlds! And the shoes, oh my.
Thank you for sharing, Kathysue.
Teresa
xoxo

The enchanted home said...

I love all your finds but especially the monogrammed pearl bracelet and the cuff with the monogram! So great looking, classuc but fun and modern feeling. I know I can always count on you to deliver a beautiful dose of pretty!!

A Perfect Gray said...

ok, kathysue, you had me at the tortoise shell bracelet. I adore those.

may I ask you a question? I have seen several bloggers cite their sources from pinterest just as you have. I don't know how to do that. is there a tip you could give me? I'll be very appreciative of your help, kathysue. thanks so much! donna

Bring Pretty Back said...

Your uniform is gorgeous!!! CLASS!
I also love pearls in any way!
Hope you are having a pretty weekend Kathysue!
Kristin

Amanda said...

Hi Kathy! those shoes are just adorable and i wish I had known about them before my trip to Paris & England. It was sooo cold in England I actually lived in my Michael Kors boots-but ended up also buying some Wellies while I was there because it rained most of the days. In Paris I lived in my gold Sperry's- they were sooo comfy but I wish I had brought a second pair of comfy shoes to change things up. Also dont bring many clothes- buy some fun stuff for yourself while you are there- yes its more expensive-but its from Paris! I went to a street recommended by the locals (Rue du Commerce) and shopped the boutiques there (there were not many-that were my style) but the ones I did shop I scored some fun, flirty dresses for 85 to 95 euros- compared to the200 to 300 euros on Champs Elysees or St. Germain. We did shop Champs Elysees where my hubby splurged on me & bought me 2 purses from Lancel Paris --http://www.lancel.com/

We walked by the area where the Paris Apartments are where you will be staying- I am soooo jealous!! You are just gonna die when you see how quaint & beautiful the little streets are- and promise me you will buy fresh flowers daily for your room!! The flower marts are amazing!

NanaDiana said...

I like all your accessories, Kathysue. Those flats are REALLY cute and fun. What a fun thing to shop for~a trip to Paris! Good luck finding everything you want! xo Diana

Sarah said...

Kathysue, I have a very narrow heel as well, so I know what you mean about finding shoes to fit. Taryn Rose shoes fit my feet. I think I'll check these out. ;-)
Love the tortoise cuff and your new bangle. Gorgeous!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I have got to get a pair of leopard shoes.Love the look...

debra @ 5th and state said...

just adore your fashion posts kathysue, they mirror mine.....great minds think alike!

you will be adorable in in those shoes. don't forget to bring scarves for around your neck; fool the locals :-)

i will be in paris 10/1 to 10/5 or 6. when will you be there? funny, i know SO many going this autumn
xo
debra

Karena said...

Kathysue I adore your choices, especially those wonderful ballet flats!!

I have featured an Interview on my site with Tina from The Enchanted Home...

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Sarah said...

Kathysue, just ordered a pair of the flats. ;-)
Love these with jeans and a white shirt. Already have a tortoise bracelet. LOL
So happy you are going to Paris. It is going to be fabulous!!! ~ Sarah

Melissa Miller said...

Wow! Paris! How exciting. I love everything you bought so far. I'm going to look for the pearl initialed bracelet. LOVE.

I'm now following Amy's boards and friends with her on FB. Great pins she has for sure. Thank you for telling us!

Lee said...

not fancy whatsoever but such a great traveling and walking shoe. love my Keen Toyah, LOVE! I live in mine. Also a great traveling pant, for air travel, The Lucy Everyday long pant, I live in mine. so comfortable. Stretchy and not sloppy. Also love the Lucy Asha jacket, also good for air travel, very flattering to the waist-line. I want comfort on long trips and do not want sore, blistered feet from a lot of walking. You can carry fancy shoes in a backpack, to slip into, if you don't have time to return to your hotel.

helen tilston said...

Hi Kathysue

It is so much fun planning a trip and what to wear. Your shoes are fabulous and comfortable too. I agree with Amanda when she says travel lightly and purchase some items there. They are the best souvenirs. I have skirts/pants from all over the world and each time I wear them it transports me to that city/town and you will be unique.

Have a happy mother's day.

Helen xx

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Paris in the Fall!! Perfection. We hope to take the family in the spring...saving our pennies! Love that bracelet with the mix of pearls and metal, very unexpected.

Janell

Melinda said...

Your fabulous taste extends to fashion as well as home decor - stunning looks. Have just pinned half your board, can't wait to get my figure back and try them out!

Melinda said...

Your fabulous taste extends to fashion as well as home decor - stunning looks. Have just pinned half your board, can't wait to get my figure back and try them out!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Kathysue, I always feel like shopping and would love to go with you. Love, love all of your choices. You can't beat a great white blouse and animal print shoes always have my name on them. XO, Mona

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Love all your picks and can't wait to hear how the shoes feel! I would definitely splurge on comfortable and stylish shoes because if your feet hurt it will ruin your trip!

Fabulously French said...

Adore your "Uniform" and I know that you will have a fabulous time in Paris.

Leeann x

Barbara said...

Comfy shoes with rubber/composite soles for walking during the day & an evening shoe that goes with all your outfits for evening when you are likely to be taking a cab. Trust me I lived in Europe & the unpredictable weather & damp sidewalks will wreck your thin soled shoes.



barbara

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE outfit #1... definitely going to reproduce!!! xo

SHERRY HART said...

Your "uniform" is mine also! I have always been a fan of white shirts [not the ironing of them though] and jeans. I am going to check out those ballet flats and that bracelet!