home about me our home

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Favorite Re-Pins on my Fashion Pinboards

 

Looks I Like


Today's fashion line-up is not just like any old fashion line-up. 

The images I am about to show you are off my my fashion pin boards. These particular images have the highest numbers or re-pins on my boards.

The above image is a classic uniform in my wardrobe. Jeans, fitted white shirt, fun flats, and a statement necklace, or in some cases a scarf. I bet most of you wear something similar as your own uniform for a casual look.


Looks To Make My Way


The reason I have a Looks To Make My Way board, is I see so many possibilities that I love, but they might have some elements that would not be figure flattering(skinny jeans), or age appropriate, or uncomfortable(sky-high heels).

I love the concept of this outfit, but the jeans would have to be a straight or boot-cut and the shoes would stay red, but be a shorter heel or flat for me.

I never eliminate a look that has elements I like, I just re-adjust the look to fit me.

Spring 2012

Love it all and would not change one element! This outfit could just about go anywhere that was a casual atmosphere. Well, maybe the messy hair, I will keep that for the young.

SHOES

My shoe board consist of mostly casual flats that are comfortable for my feet, and my style. 
These cute little numbers would be for a dressy affair. I am a lover of black, and white stripes, so I just had to pin these. Apparently others liked these too.


Accessories
Purses:

This purse needs no explanation! ♥♥♥ it!!

(For those of you that want this purse, Good Luck!! It is a Fossil re-issue and the only place I have seen it is on eBay. Fossil is carrying a new print that is a giraffe which is also pinned on my boards!)

Necklaces


Pearls are my go-to jewelry. I would rather have the luster of a pearl than the shine of a diamond.


Bracelets/Watches


Tortoise is a classic piece for any wardrobe. I have a tortoise bracelet that I got when I was 12 years old that I still wear. I would say that 50 years later and still beign worn makes it a classic piece in my wardrobe.


image

I had to add this piece. The very  top bracelet has the most pins for a delicate dressy piece. It is a monogrammed piece that I would love to have in my wardrobe.

Things I Would Like To Have



 This board consist of pieces I would like to purchase to add to my wardrobe.This sweater would be so slimming, and I think it would make a wonderful staple in any wardrobe. It seems as if other pinners felt the same way.


If I Were A Fancy Girl

I don’t dress up that often, an occasional wedding or a dinner cruise,
but other than that not very often.

 I still like to have a dress, or two that will fit into the fancy category. I also like to dream about being the lady that has lots of occasions to dress up. It is my way of playing dress-ups. That is why I HAD to have a pin-board for fancy dresses.

This seemed to be a favorite of everyone. It is also one of my favorites. I love the simple elegance of this look.


I just started pinning pieces on my Summer board, but there are clearly some favorites…..

SUMMER

You can never go wrong with a pair of patent Tory Burch sandals. I would get the green and/or black if I were purchasing a pair.


Fall will be here before we know it so I have also just started a Fall pin-board……

FALL


I read that a military look will be a look for this Fall. I love this sleeveless trench. I would wear it over long sleeve t-shirt, and some jeans. Obviously the heels would be flats, but I think I could pull this look off. I actually already have the trench in a camel. I bought it last season!

I will finish off this fashion line-up with my hair pin board.

I have worn a classic graduated bob for as long as I can remember. It goes up and down by 3-4 in. So most of the looks on my pin board will be a classic look. Today we are talking about the most re-pinned pins so let’s see which hairstyle got the most pins………..
HAIR

This was everyone’s favorite.



Now you have the favorite Fashion Pins from all my pin-boards that have to do with fashion.

It is fun for me to see them all lined up. They are all favorites of mine too! Did you see any favorites in this line-up?

"Enjoy the Process" Of:

Pinning fashion finds on your pin-boards!

 

21 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I so wish I could do this hair cut. Isn't that darling? I'm with you on the clothing -comfortable shoes are a must..and easy enough to find fashionable flats anymore. What a fun post- xo Diana

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Love your choices her, Kathysue. I have to have the black dress and the black and white shoes!
Happy Sunday.
Teresa
xoxo

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Great choices. I would love to have that hair color, I pinned that also. That would sooo work on you. I love that first outfit, that is my style. My problem is I find all of the great outfits on Pinterest but lack the necessary stores to find such clothes. :( Have a great week, xxoo

michele said...

love your picks, lovely friend!

michele

The enchanted home said...

Wow we have a lot in common, that first outfit is so "me"...love the neutral outfit too...always love the neutrals/tans, have those TB flats in white and black, love this post, and can never have enough white and black or white and navy striped tees!

Karena said...

Kathysue I love your choices and I think we both go with a classic look with a little punch or update.

My hair has gotten so long; adore this style/cut you have shown!

I hope you will Come and enter my amazing Cross Bottle Guy Giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Kathysue, love so many things that you do. We should go shopping together.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Love this round up of looks, just adore some pretty and chic fashion! Janell

Susan said...

Great choices! Thanks for posting these in one place :)

Off to add some accessories to my spring pieces...hopefully spring will find the PNW sooner rather than later!

The Pink Pagoda said...

All of your choices are gorgeous. I absolutely love your taste!

Bring Pretty Back said...

Kathysue - everything is so classy and pretty!!!
Have a PRETTY day!
Kristin

debra @ 5th and state said...

you could also be a fashion stylist, went crazy for everything you displayed!!!
and the hermes' bags are indeed a perfect compliment. then i went to the source for that wrap sweater, SOLD, darn. but i am now brimming with ideas. thank you luv!
debra

Stacy CUrran said...

I never look at the fashion boards on Pinterest, so this was all new to me (although i still read InStyle). I laughed at the part about pearls because it reminded me of when we were young and i was wearing pearls, my husband said "I don't get it with pearls. They look like white beads." And I said, "Ok, just buy me diamonds then." :)
Stacy

Linda Hartong said...

I love the basic look with the jeans, shirt and flats.

Elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

I love everything you have pinned Kathysue, so classic and chic...just my style. Oh and I agree, cute and comfortable flats are a must!

Elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

I love everything you have pinned Kathysue, so classic and chic...just my style. Oh and I agree, cute and comfortable flats are a must!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

OK Kathysue...can you be my stylist?...Can you be my Rachel Zoe...everything you posted I am in love with!

Pearls?..they are my favorite too...Hubs gave me the Mikimotos I have been lusting after a few years ago.....however, I have never thought to wear them with a button down shirt and blazer...but then again, they go with everything...well except a bathing suit..Great post!

Melinda said...

You have fabulous taste in fashion as well as decorating - love everything here. Can't wait to get my figure back and start wearing something nice again!

pve design said...

Kathysue-
ON my list to update and upgrade my wardrobe. I have my eye on a great trench dress and some pretty items for Spring.
Your choices are all so smart!
pve

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

I'll take one of each. Nothing hear I wouldn't love to have. Great Spring inspiration!!!!

SHERRY HART said...

Your style is so mine!!! And that hair cut is adorable!!! I have to be able to put mine in a ponytail for those "bad hair " days!!!