home about me our home

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Regrouping In My Everyday Life!




My life is probably not much different than your own. We have comings, and goings around here all the time.

As the month of February has arrived life is slowing down after the busyness of the Holidays.

I feel as if I am ready to get back in the saddle again, as the saying goes.

With this new month I have great plans on finishing up my closet, and making a list of, “ To Do’s!” for 2012. 

With list making there is always a little dream list going on in my little head too!!

I think February is a great month to re-group, and refocus on lots of areas in our lives.

For myself it can range from Hearth and Home, wardrobe too menu planning.

Pinterest has been such a fun site to catalog  ideas for some  of my hearts desires.

I thought I would do a fun little post today of random things I have found on Pinterest that have inspired me lately. I know a lot of bloggers do this in post called, “Favorite Pins of the Week!”

Here are just a few random images that made my creative juices flow.

Wardrobe and Color Inspiration


This particular color combination is so inspiring to me and it is one that I really would like to incorporate in my Spring/Summer wardrobe.



These wonderfully colorful patent flats makes me realize I need to zero in on one accent color for my Spring wardrobe and purchase a fun pair of shoes that will go with everything.





I am not a fan of the necklace in the above image,however I am a big fan of all the colors that are combined. This would fit in the category: The softer color side of me!







I just about flipped when I saw this image of color blocked flowers. I actually have a pinboard that is titled, “Omgosh!” I think this more than qualifies to be under that title.





I don’t think there is anything prettier than the natural colors of beautiful eggs laid by Araucana chickens. In fact light blue is going to be the main color in my Easter table for this year, more on that as I come up with some ideas to share.


Interior Design Inspiration
Source: bhg.com via Kathy Sue on Pinterest


This image was actually originally pinned by my DIL. She has an eye for style, both in interiors and in wardrobe. I am lucky to have my very own personal pinboard on her Pinterest boards. You can go here to visit her boards….
http://pinterest.com/aimsarah/. My board is titled, “Kathy.”


There is so much about this image that inspires me. I would not do exactly the same thing, but just the combination is totally appealing to me. I am definitely going to use this as inspiration for the future dream list!




I was so inspired by this board I actually pinned it twice!! Notice the Kelly green lampshades? I think this is a perfect element to add a fun new color to our rooms, don’t you?






This office space got a total, “WOW!” from me. The colors and details are impeccably done. This is the work of Annsley Interiors. Click on the link under the picture and you can see more of her incredible work.



I fell in love with the soft linen and white with the maize yellow walls. This is so appealing to me. I also am very drawn to the floors. These floors are painted, but I would love to do a floor in actual tile, maybe in the next house (if there ever is a next house!”

Food and Eating Healthy Inspiration



Trying to eat more healthy this year I have found a lot of wonderful recipes. The above image is a recipe for Enchilada soup. Yum!!


Grilled corn, avacado, tomato salad with honey lime dressing. I think I could eat the whole bowlful of this.


Things that made me smile









I would like to leave you with a smile, or at least this next image really made me smile!!


We all need to do more of this……….

I think the pillow says it all!!!

Are you regrouping with everyday life in the month of February?

Kathysue is:

“Enjoying the Process! In her everyday life!”

18 comments:

helen tilston said...

Hello Kathysue

A very uplifting post,many thanks.
I am in awe of the flower planting and the burst of colour.
Wishing you a day full of colour

Helenxx

The enchanted home said...

Love this post! You covered just about everything, fashion, home and food (I am also quite hungry now after eyeing those pics) How great is that office with the wallpaper on the ceilling? And those eggs, and blocked flowers.....all beautiful! I agree Feb. is a great month to regroup after the chaotic holiday season.

Cheryl said...

Kathysue,
January does seem to be a loss to me. February. In the past I have always been a bit off. This month I am still waiting for a snow storm, looking forward to another trip to Aspen, this time with Alexandra and Abby. More time, more photos, and hopefully time on the slopes.
I plan on making February a fun month.
It's been almost 6 months since Kenny's death. I would like to have my thoughts in order. Thank you so much for this post!!!!
Cheryl

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Kathysue, I am still trying to catch my breath. Christmas a wedding and life! I am hoping Feb. slows down.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Lots of fun ideas and inspirations. I love February, maybe because it seems to be such a month of opportunites and a prelude to spring.

La Dolfina said...

I love all of your pinterest inspiration!!!!
You are so good at finding the best stuff!
I always leave centered and balanced after a visit here!
Much love,
Terri

michele said...

all these images make me smile. :)

february for me is about nesting to get ready for spring. i would rather do lots of indoor chores when it's yucky outdoors. i am painting and organizing and working out to combat the winter blues!

michele

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such fun pics and you always have the best style no matter what the subject. I am trying to clean a regroup from the Holidays and a month of company. Still tons to do. Hugs, Marty

Stacey said...

beautiful post and also quite inspiring. i'm in love with all the colours too!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Well Kathysue, this is certainly inspirational! I need to get onboard too!
The bowl with eggs is so gorgeous and so are the other images.
Have a great day.
Teresa
xoxo

Upscale Downhome said...

I love your posts about what you find on pintrest. I only dabble at it so I must improve. My first step was to follow you! Thanks for your inspiration!

Blondie's Journal said...

Wonderful post, Kathysue! Our lives seem to revolve around color and there was plenty of it here! I am feeling like I am just coming back to life after the holidays and a brief time to rest. Now I am ready for some projects!

XO,
Jane

Toy Carli said...

Great post. So many of the pictures were inspiring. I push myself to add more color and this helps. Jan/Feb are awesome months to organize and prepare for spring; and some people don't like these months much. I'm still working on some of the colors that remind me of the 1960's. Still tired of some. God help me if I have to look at harvest gold and avocado green again. To Cheryl, I read your comments with great pain and sympathy as I've been there, 12 1/2 years ago. Do organize & everything in order because all your energy should revolve around "the process." Still "Unknown" Kathy. Ugh. toycarli@att.net

Linda in AZ * said...

*** LOVELY VISIONS of GREAT JOY n' HAPPINESS here, Ks!!!

Thanks, kiddo... too many spaces & ideas to take it alllll in at once... I MUST get back & look again``` NOW!!!

Hugs n' thanks,
Linda
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Stacy CUrran said...

Great post! As always, I loved everything, especially the room with the papered ceiling. And I loved the color combo for wardrobe...I dress my daughter in those colors ALL the time. It's so cute on her :)
Stacy

Lee said...

That J. Crew blue/green combo caught my eye too! Emerald green is a great pairing for that greenish blue shirt.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Catching up on your blog Kathysue and enjoying all the posts. So much gorgeous inspiration as always!
I wanted to ask you about pinterest. Seems when I do a search now, the results are very minimal. Has something changed? I used to get pages after typing in a keyword and now I only get maybe a few pictures. Just wondering.

SHERRY HART said...

You can find some of the best pictures!!! I forgot to say that I love Forever 21 and have always scored there with finding some cute accessories!!!