home about me our home

Friday, December 9, 2011

There Are Angels Among Us!!


I knew I was starting to feel better when I got the urge to start decorating again. I paced myself and I am not quite done, but I like to take my time and enjoy the process.


I worked on my dining room table last night and so far I am really liking it.


As I told you all in a previous post my inspiration this year was this picture……….




I am so drawn to images of angels or anything having to do with angels, so when I saw this picture with the angel wings I knew that I had to do something similar in my dining room.

I did not do exactly the same look, but I am using the angel wings on my chairs. I wanted the room to have a shimmery, sparkly, ethereal effect.

I started out by hanging some mercury glass ornaments from my chandelier boy did that turn out to be harder than I thought it would be. I guess my fingers are not as nimble as they use to be……..

Christmas 2011 dining room 008 (600x800)
I added the little angel wings, not sure if they will stay or not, but for now I think I like them. What do you all think?

I am not done so I am only going to show you some glimpses. Once I am done I will light all the candles and show you my sparkly dining room table!!


Christmas 2011 dining room 010 (600x800)


Christmas 2011 dining room 013 (800x600)


Christmas 2011 dining room 003 (800x600)

So there you have a sneak peek of my ethereal dining room table. Almost done and as soon as it is I will show you the whole thing, I promise!!!

I am enjoying decking my halls!! How about you all, are you enjoying your time decorating this year?

“Enjoy the Process!” Of:

Coming up with some fun ideas to add to your Christmas décor this year.

Kathysue

21 comments:

Marianne said...

Can't wait to see!!! Love your sparkly header for the season. So fun! xo

Ivy Lane said...

I LOVE your mercury glass ornaments! Can't wait to see your dining room table...it is going to be sparkling and festive from what I can tell!

Happy Friday!

Richard Cottrell said...

Angel's we have heard on high. It's lovely. Richard from my Old Historic House.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Looking pretty Kathy! Did you see the post on my angel wings on the back of my dining room chairs. I also bought some of the small wings at Pier1.
Love all the mercury glass and snow.


hugs
Sissie

Cathie said...

So far, so wonderful! Where did you find the little angel wings? I love them on your chandie! Cathie W.

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Wellll, since I ALWAYS like ANYthing y*o*u do, the "finished product" is gonna be UBER-FAB (if the "glimpses" so far are any indication!!!)...

And just for the record, the holiday season IS the season for you to indulge your loves/ whims and/or fantasies... (I personally am an angel lover too, & especially love anything that has to do with "believe"!!!)...

Holidays hugs, dear Kathysue!
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

designchic said...

so beautiful...love the sneak peek!! Happy Friday ~

Kathysue said...

Cathie I purchased the little wings at Pier I. they are pretty precious! Hope you can get some too!! Kathysue

michele said...

thanks so much for mentioning the source for the angel wings! love em. you're off to an amazing start.

michele

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Beautiful...can't wait to see the finished result. The angel motiff is a super idea and all of your mercury glass ornaments are lovely.

Karena said...

Kathysue I adore this ethereal design, the mercury glass, gorgeous crystal, the angel wings!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

vignette design said...

I love your angel wings! And the table looks like a winter wonderland. Can't wait to see the final table with the candles lit. It's going to be gorgeous!

Babs said...

Oooohh.. the peek of your dining room is "heavenly". Looking forward to seeing the reveal. Have a great weekend.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh I love all your mercury glass, it'a a virtual winter wonderland of beauty, looking forward to seeing more. hugs ~lynne~

The enchanted home said...

Beautiful...love all the white with the sparkle of the mercury glass, its so magical like a winter wonderfland. Can't wait to see the big reveal and glad you are feeling better:)

Jennifer said...

Ooh those wings are realy cool!

Karen said...

I love a white Christmas! The angels wings are so sweet, where did you find them?

Anonymous said...

Very pretty... love mercury glass. The party you are going to sounds like so much fun!! xo

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Kathysue, It looks so cute...I adore that picture.

helen tilston said...

Hi Kathysue

I love the feeling of your dining room.The angel theme is precious too.
The mercury glass takes on a glow

Helen xx

SHERRY HART said...

I know it is going to be great...every time I read a holiday decorating post of yours I get just a little burst of spirit :)