home about me our home

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Big Surprise!


Christmas is over, but not for me!!! I get to celebrate for another week. My son that lives far away was going to be here late Monday night, and I was so excited because I have not seen them for four months. I have never been away from them that long. You can imagine how much I  was missing all of them.

We had Christmas eve here with my family, and then we took my Mom home on Christmas day and went to my Hubby’s family home.

We were all just about ready to eat when I went from the kitchen to the family room, and there stood my two Grandson’s with Mom and Dad right behind them, they said, “Surprise!!” I can not tell you how surprised I was. To be honest it was beyond surprised. My oldest Grandson said I looked like Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone. You know the scene where he puts both hands on his cheeks in complete surprise.

I cried, my husband cried, we were beyond excited and surprised!! I had my whole family together, and we had a wonderful meal at my Husband's Mom and Dads home!!

So If you don’t mind I will be enjoying my prolonged Christmas with my family for this week. Today we are going to have a Cousin day!! My little granddaughter is coming over to spend time with her cousins!!

Life is good and this Grammy/Mom, is one happy lady!!

intermission 02

I will see you all next week!!

xo Kathysue

16 comments:

The enchanted home said...

What a wonderful surprise indeed!! So happy that your holidays were fabulous and sounds like that surprise visit was the icing on the cake! Enjoy the quality family time......Happy new year!

Blondie's Journal said...

What a wonderful Christmas gift!! Enjoy your week!

XO,
Jane

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Awww...that is the nicest story! So glad for you, Kathysue. Enjoy every minute of it!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Sounds like the perfect Christmas gift. Enjoy the family time. xoxo-Susie

Low Tide High Style said...

That sounds like the best Christmas present ever! Enjoy your time with them!

Kat :)

Bring Pretty Back said...

Oh Kathysue, That is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs and love!
Kristin

debra @ 5th and state said...

that is the best kind of surprise, enjoy your family kathysue
best wishes for a blessed 2012
debra

SHERRY HART said...

Yeah!!!!! So happy for you girl! Enjoy.....

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Kathysue! I can't imagine a better gift than seeing family unexpectedly. Sometimes the ache in our heart for those that are missing is not fully realized until we see them in person. Blessings to your beautiful family. I hope you enjoy every single family moment, Macaulay! xo Diana

Karen said...

I can't think of a better Christmas gift than having a surprise like that. Enjoy your extended holiday.

for the love of a house said...

oh Kathysue! What a wonderful, wonderful surprise!! You described it so well I felt like I was in the room too! Enjoy your time together....
wishing you all a very Happy New Year!!
joan

p.s. thank you so much for leaving your "calling card"!

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Oh my dear friend - what wonderful news and the bestest surprise ever! I know you are in "high cotton" right now. (um...that means "happy" here in the South) LOL

I am thinking of you and know you have the biggest, prettiest smile on your face that is possible. Enjoy every moment!

Hugs, Barb

Melinda said...

That's the best kind of Christmas!

quintessence said...

How marvelous - what a wonderful surprise for you!! Wishing you and your family the most marvelous time together and a very Happy New Year!

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

How wonderful Kathysue! I'm so happy for you. Have a wonderful week!

My parents and my brother's family will be here tomorrow and I can't wait. It will be a belated Christmas, but I'm all for extended it a bit!

Happy New Year!

Victoria said...

I know how you feel, Kathysue. My sons, daughter-in-law and grandson are visiting. I only get to see them twice a year now (except for Skype) so I am loving it. I know, like me, you will treasure every moment.
All the best...Victoria