home about me our home

Friday, October 14, 2011

Bringing In A Touch Of Fall!


Fall is in the air or at least it feels like Fall first thing in the mornings with the crisp air. As the day goes along and we get temps in the 80’s it actually feels more like Spring.

I am starting to see a little evidence of the Fall season in some of the surrounding trees. Their leaves are starting to change and fall to the ground.

In spite of the weather I am trying to get in the mood for Fall by adding a few touches here and there around my home.




Sarahs Visit 10 2011 and fall touches 002 (581x800)
I added a jade colored pumpkin in my living room.




Sarahs Visit 10 2011 and fall touches 004 (600x800)
A special vase with a Fall bouquet is added to the entry table. Next to it I have a crystal bowl filled with amber by Cote Bastide. It has a wonderful warm fragrance that is a soft fragrance, just enough for guest to ask,”What smells so good in your house?”



Sarahs Visit 10 2011 and fall touches 006 (581x800)
Here is a  close-up of the vase. It has a wonderful relief of shadows of trees that look very Fallish to me.




Fall 2011 003 (800x600)
I always plant ornamental Kale in my front yard right by the porch. I use touches of darker pinks and purples to bring out the color in the Kale. Kale just says, “Fall!” to me.





Fall 2011 004 (600x800)

A few white pumpkins are added next to the sweet potato vine that has taken over the black pot it is planted in.



Fall 2011 008 (600x800)
This year I added a sparkly letter,”P” to my white pumpkin. A friend of mine did this to her white pumpkin and I loved the idea so much I did one also. It is really more sparkly in person than it shows in this image. You know me I must have a letter,”P” in just about every room in my home!!


Fall 2011 006 (600x800)

Right by the door I added different colors and sizes of pumpkins. As you will notice there is no orange pumpkins at Kathysue’s home!! I just find that these colors seem to work best for me with the colors in my home.


Fall 2011 010 (800x600)
Another touch of Fall with the addition of ornamental Kale.



As you can see I have started adding a touch of Fall here and there. Next it will be time to make a few more changes inside.

I like to bring in warmth by adding elements such as

  • Cutting boards
  • Baskets
  • Black lampshades
  • More votive candles
  • Pictures with a touch of black
  • Warm throws


What are some of the Fall touches you add to your home?

What ever you do to bring in touches of Fall, remember to:


“Enjoy the Process!”

Kathysue

16 comments:

Richard Cottrell said...

I love your pair of wicker chairs on the porch. very neat. Also the hand painted lamp in your living room is a unique design. Thanks for sharing. Richard from My Old Historic House.

vignette design said...

You have spurred me on to add some fall touches. I like how you gussied up your planters with kale and white pumpkins. Your entry bouquet is just gorgeous!
Enjoy our warm fall weather! Isn't it wonderful?

Karen said...

The ornamental kale in the pots is a nice touch!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

I need to bring a little Fall decor into my home... I NEVER DO! I'm always doing a project around these parts;)

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Kathysue!! Your fall touches are just wonderful!! Everything is just so warm and inviting!! Love the kale, as well! In fact, I just posted my fall porch! Come take a peek!! Many blessings to you!!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Just lovely, Kathysue. Your porch looks beautiful!
~ Wendi ~

laxsupermom said...

Love the ornamental kale - such a beautiful texture! Love all the little fall touches and the way you've done it without the traditional fall colors. Thanks for sharing.

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Off to buy some mums. I was a bit late this year in my clean-up and it just might be because I just can't admit that summer is over. I really must work on that! Happy weekend and I love your monogram pumpkins. XO

Stacy CUrran said...

I love the ornamental kale in the planter....it's just perfect for this time of year. My 6 year old daughter and I are doing our first fall project after school today....collecting red and yellow leaves and modge podging them to little glass votive holders. I just hope we not collect poison ivy like we did last time!
Stacy

The enchanted home said...

Love it all but especially that last urn by your front door and how you did it, truly beautiful, and love how you personalized your pumpkin too! So creative!!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

I love your touches of fall....makes it feel like home! All of our stuff is in storage this year....but next year I will be right there with you!

Becca Bertotti said...

Beautiful touches of Fall, Kathysue! Your sitting are on your front porch is so inviting, and your non-orange pumpkins are lovely ... especially the white intialed one!

Verdigris Vie said...

You have done a great job! This year I tried to convince the kids we needed white pumpkins, and they wouldn't hear it. But one of my fave things go bring in are over sized branches.

have a great weekend! Vie

Jessie said...

I love the ornamental kale, it has such presence! Love the rest of the additions, too!

Have a beautiful weekend, Kathysue!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Love the P on your pumpkin! I love ornamental kale too! However mine is FAUX:):) Happy Fall, KS! Have a great weekend. XO, Pinky

michele said...

oh the kale is gorgeous, kathysue. well done.

michele