home about me our home

Monday, August 1, 2011

I Am So Excited!!

I am so excited because the second issue of, “House of Fifty,” E-zine is on line today!!! This magazine was founded by blogger extraordinaire, Janell Beals of Isabella and Max blog.

I love her blog! It is always full of inspiration, and DIY projects that make me want to try my hand at becoming a DIYer!! The House Of Fifty is equally as inspiring and full of information that we can all relate too.

The other reason I am so excited about this particular issue is………

I was asked by Janell to be a contributor!!!  I am so honored to be in such a wonderful line-up of contributors in this issue.  I wrote an article on,”How to Make A House A Home!” I talk about some of the things you should think about before making a purchase for your home in the article. I talk about how, "You can purchase a look, but you have to create a feeling". You can find my article on page 84!! The whole E-zine is chock full of wonderful ideas on ways you can make your house the home you have always wanted.


HouseofFiftyFall_Cover (1)
Be sure and subscribe to, “The House Of Fifty” so you don’t miss out on any of the upcoming issues!!

“Enjoy the Process!” Of:

Finding inspiration in the Fall issue of,

Kathysue

A great big,"Thank You" to all of you who have taken the time to read my article and have come all the way back here to let me know what you think. I appreciate  your  Web-hopping!!! xo Kathysue

25 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Thanks for the feature today Kathysue, and I adore your article!

To subscribe to the magazine visit:
www.houseoffifty.com

You are the best, enjoy your week!
Janell

Laura said...

Congratulations!
I am always seeking inspiration and I will check this out.

Thanks,

Laura
White Spray Paint

Unknown said...

Congratulations Kathysue! I must pop over and check it out.

La Dolfina said...

How very very exciting Kathysue!
I'd love to check it out.
Can you put a direct link in this post to the article you wrote?
xo

Lee said...

Just read your article -- key sentence for me, a beauty:

"You can purchase a look, but you have to create a feeling."

That's why I'm a regular reader on your blog . . . .

LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said...

Congrats Kathysue! This is truly AWESOME! I skimmed through earlier and posted about it now. Heading back over to read all the details! Congrats again!! xo

:D Lynda

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Congratulations on being included, how exciting! I will definately check this out.(-:

Kathysue said...

Terri I can't do a direct link to my article, but you can find it on page 84! Thank you for asking, KS

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Congratulations Kathysue. I will have a look. Thanks so much for featuring the e-zine. I would not have known about it, otherwise.

Stacy CUrran said...

I loved where you wrote that a house becomes a home "piece by piece, room by room, and story by story" -- BEST QUOTE EVER!! You hit the nail on the head every time Kathysue, and it's a no brainer that Janell would feature you! I loved the article and am so happy for you :) PS-read your comment on burlap--it IS weird, isn't it? We must have been sisters in a previous life :)
xo Stacy

SHERRY HART said...

Kathysue...I am tickled pink about this for you!!! Can not wait to read it!!!

Jessie said...

Congratulations on the feature! I just read the article and enjoyed it tremendously! All your quotes are so true!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Unknown said...

Congratulations Kathysue- I just loved your article and agree with Cherie, that particular sentence was so dead on...creating a feeling is so much more important than just filling a space with stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kathysue! So many friends contributed this issue. I can't wait to savor it later!!!! xo

Sue said...

Congrats to you! You are the second blogger I follow to be included in this magazine. I feel like I know famous people!

diane said...

Kathysue

I read this issue this morning and it was so nice to see a couple of familiar names from blogland, yours included.

Great advice and congrats.

The Buzz Blog said...

Congratulations, Kathysue! I'm heading there now to read what you had to say... how fun that you were chosen by the editors!
xxoo

Linda Hartong said...

This seems an appropriate time to share with you how impressed I am with your writing and the way you think. Your post are not "average" in any way. A+ and I am glad others notice too.

Bring Pretty Back said...

Kathysue! That is wonderful!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and I am on my way to read it right now!!!!
Whooooooo hoooo!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Mel@georgicapond said...

Great article Kathysue, well done. Terrific advice and well written. Your experience, common sense and design skill are all evident here in this no nonsense approach to decorating. What does it matter if it looks perfect, it if doesn't feel like home!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Congrats, Kathysue. Going to go take a look.

Anonymous said...

How exciting Kathysue I can't wait to read it cover to cover tonight!!! Excited to have Janell on my blog today in 10 things I love about my bedroom-she is so talented!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Congratulations Kathysue!!!!! I am so, so excited for you. I can't wait to read your article. You really deserve this recognition and exposure. You are so well respected and admired. I'm off to read the magazine now. I really enjoy this publication. Mona

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kathysue, I am so thrilled for you. This is absolutely wonderful. You are so talented and such a fabulous designer, I can't wait to go and see your article. Fantastic. Hugs, Marty

Marianne said...

Congratulations Kathysue! So well deserved!