home about me our home

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Time to Get Ready for The 4Th of July!!!

Tomorrow is the 4TH of July!!! I guess it is time to think about a few things like……


How to make my home wear our patriotic colors:


I know! I can add  a little red with my classic blue and white porcelain. Not typical, but understated and elegant, I like that.



Talk about being patriotic?! Wow!! I doubt that I would ever do this, but it sure is fun to look at.


54296-punchy-mix-r-x[1]
A little red and white toile mixed with some blue plates would be another classic look for my home. Red toile napkins or a runner would be perfection.


0407_sunset_classics_l[1]

  I am loving this ottoman with the Lucite legs. This room shows red, white and blue done in a classic way.


Navy walls when used with lots of white trim is stunning.

What shall we eat?........

We have to have the all American hot dog for part of the meal. I need a clever way to display them…….


This is a pretty cute idea. The hot dogs can make the stripes and homemade star potato chips will be perfect in the corner on a blue plate. I am not big fan of plastic dishes so I will probably use a white platter and a cobalt glass plate. The kiddos will get a kick out of this!!



Fun drinks for the adults, or make them non-alcoholic drinks for the kiddos.



 Lots of fresh fruit will be refreshing. This is a fun way to add a patriotic flare!!!






Watermelon and feta platter, perfect!!


Easy to eat Kabobs. Pretty clever, don’t you think?!

Something tasty for dessert!!








Simple and tasty!!



I wonder what I should wear????





Should I wear classic white and navy? Or……


….should I add a pop of red? Hmmmm???

I could always wear something long and comfy…….


Maybe we will cruise around in one of these?……

How about floating lazily along the water in one of these?……




This looks like it could be a lot of fun!! I think this is more my speed!!


When it is all said and done, I think I will probably  be doing more of this…….

Source: None via Kathy Sue on Pinterest

What ever you all decide to do to celebrate tomorrow I hope you enjoy yourselves and have a wonderful time with family and friends…

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

KATHYSUE

20 comments:

Babs said...

Great ideas, Kathysue. I'm ready for tomorrow. We'll go to the neighboring little town for their parade and day long celebration in the park. It's a very small town America celebration, which I love. People stand on the sidewalks to watch the parade with their children sitting in red wagons. People in the parade hand out flags to everyone and there will be music, tents, antiques. The antebellum homes are decorated with flags and bunting. So, I have my camera ready and the neighbors down the street are already setting off fireworks. Bring on the 4th!
Hope yours is spectacular. :)
Babs

Jessie said...

Great collection of images, Kathysue! I really love the gorgeous settee, I don't mind having it in my home but I am sure it's not in my budget. :) And I really adore everything about the second image and the seventh image. These two spaces looks so fresh and welcoming.

Have a fabulous 4th of July! Any interesting plans?

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

splendid Sass said...

WOW, such a lovely post, Kathysue. Love the blue and white porcelain with the fruit trees. Gorgeous.
Hungry after seeing all the beautiful fruit.
Have a great 4th!
Teresa
xoxo

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Kathysue...

My friend, I loved all of your great "patriotic" ideas! Such beautiful and inspirational photos. I especially liked the red, white, and blue striped strawberries! That is just so clever and too cute and very easy to make! Thanks for sharing all of these beautiful red, white, and blues, my friend!

Best wishes for a Happy 4th of July to you and your sweet family!

Chari @Happy To Design

Mary Ann Pickett said...

What a fun post!!! I just did a little decorating with things I had in the closet. Speaking of closets...you've got me thinking about what I should wear tomorrow for our little party?? Probably the Audrey Look.

quintessence said...

All wonderful inspiration!! I just love that bench - not sure I would do it either but it sure looks fabulous. I've made a red, white and blue trifle like that but I'm going to have to remember the fruit ideas - love those.Wishing you a wonderful fourth Kathysue!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You always find the greatest pictues. We are having a BBQ and then staying inside. Just way tooooooooooooooo hot. Hope you have a super 4th. Hugs, Marty

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Fun post. Hope you have a nice holiday.(-:

Cheryl said...

I was loving the images you posted, making mental notes on what I would comment about.... then realized there were just too many!!!
It was such a pleasure!!!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What gorgeous images! Red, white and blue the color of summer!
So many great ideas here! Love the patriotic setee!
Happy 4th!
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

I LOVE all of these pictures! What a great post. Red white and blue are such a perfect summer classic. I hope you've had a lovely weekend.

The enchanted home said...

What a fun post!!!! All the food looks amazing and I take the idea of the fruit for a party we are attending later today, of course love the outfits, love navy and red with white not only on just July 4th, its so clean, crisp and "all American" looking and love that settee!! Wishing you a very happy July 4th holiday!

Anonymous said...

Love your Audrey board and the drinks are so cute in those dispensers! Hope your holiday is wonderful, Kathysue!! xo

vignette design said...

Such lovely red, white and blue inspiration Kathysue!
Love that American flag settee! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. We are, but it's hot up here! xo Delores

Kathysue said...

Courtney {a thoughtful place} has left a new comment on your post "Time to Get Ready for The 4Th of July!!!":

I don't even know where to begin. Some of those food ideas are beyond adorable. I love the watermelon and feta platter . . and the cookies arranged like a flag. Why didn't I ever think of it. And of course I will be thinking of you as I put on some white pants and a striped tank today

SORRY COURTNEY I HIT THE DELETE BUTTON BY MISTAKE! KS

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Great collection of images and fun post. Funny, we were at friends' house for a BBQ yesterday afternoon and they had those same patriotic strawberries. We went to a neighborhood parade this AM....kids had a blast. Hope you are having a great day.

xoxoxo-Susie

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great images, Kathysue. Hope you are having a great 4th!

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Ks~~~DEEELIGHTFUL pics!!! The simplicity of the 1st pic is SOOO pleasing, but I don't think I could be "comfortable" with the flag couch~~~ (it may be just me, cuz it IS cute, but there's just something uncomfy for me about "sitting on the flag!")... Loved all else, too... Ya dun GOOOD, girlfriend!!!

That navy & white space? I... LOVE... IT...!!! So fresh, so clean, soooo appealing!!!

I'm "doing" the navy & white striped top w/ white pants & red accents today... we're leaving now & hubby just said I looked "cute"!!! (I'll take that!!!)...

HAPPY 4th, my friend!!

XO,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Marcus Design said...

Oh my goodness all of these images are fantastic!!! Overload of pretty Americana, that's for sure. Kathysue, no body does holiday posts better than you!

I've been meaning to come by and let you know that I have sooo appreciated all of your comments lately. My poor mom was in the hospital all last week and I have barely been able to get my own blog posts up, let alone come by to visit my favorite friends, I apologize for this!! Huge hugs to you and happy 4th!
Nancy xo

beachcomber said...

love your collection of red, white and blue! enjoy your celebrations!
cheryl x